PDA

View Full Version : Need a ghost town

Ghosttowns.com
01-24-2000, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bernadette

I'm looking to buy a ghost town.
Appreciate any leads/suggestions/tips on how best to acquire a ghost town.
Thanks in advance!

Ghosttowns.com
02-28-2000, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Tom

In Reply to: Need a ghost town posted by Bernadette on January 24, 19100 at 22:05:30:

: I'm looking to buy a ghost town.
: Appreciate any leads/suggestions/tips on how best to acquire a ghost town.
: Thanks in advance!

I read recently about a fella buying an area known as Slab City in the southern part of CA . The reason I mention this is that in order for him to allow people to live or visit there he had to make improvements of about $160,000 . This is , as I say in CA so keep in mind that there are rules and regs. that may choke you . If you want it just to live in yourself then you may have an easier time . Let me know if you find something .

Ghosttowns.com
03-02-2000, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Sam

In Reply to: Need a ghost town posted by Bernadette on January 24, 19100 at 22:05:30:

I'm not familiar as to where you are but you could possibly look at the state of Nebraska there are abundant numbers of ghost towns here I personally own a section of farm, land including the bluffs of a the Missourri river which recently(1996) was discovered the remains of an early mining town called Minersville
This discovery has enlightened me and led to many hours of reaserch on this and other towns here there is a great opporunity here in Nebraska
Sincerely,
Sam Carman

Ghosttowns.com
03-23-2000, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Tom Walls

: I'm looking to buy a ghost town.
: Appreciate any leads/suggestions/tips on how best to acquire a ghost town.
: Thanks in advance!

Well,it all depends on what you're trying to do. I bought 7 acres in Montana's Badrock Canyon, Gateway to Glacier Nat. Park.On the highway & am building my own little Old Town,But I'm trying to get a little turrist thing going.If this is what you are looking for write me @.................... wtw59913@webtv.net

Ghosttowns.com
04-12-2000, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Earl Williams

In Reply to: Re: Need a ghost town posted by Tom on February 28, 19100 at 13:21:32:

: : I'm looking to buy a ghost town.
: : Appreciate any leads/suggestions/tips on how best to acquire a ghost town.
: : Thanks in advance!

: I read recently about a fella buying an area known as Slab City in the southern part of CA . The reason I mention this is that in order for him to allow people to live or visit there he had to make improvements of about $160,000 . This is , as I say in CA so keep in mind that there are rules and regs. that may choke you . If you want it just to live in yourself then you may have an easier time . Let me know if you find something .I also would love to locate a ghost town which has numerous original buildings in varying states of decline and neglect. I am retired and would love to help re-build one and live as close to the timeframe as possible, 10 years ago we were out in NM and Az. and we located a private ghost town which even had its own telephone setup, with 1 operator, it was awesome and we weren't allowed in, now I wouldn't mind settling there!

Earl in W. Ma.

Ghosttowns.com
10-18-2000, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by gg

In Reply to: Re: Need a ghost town posted by Earl Williams on April 12, 19100 at 11:47:37:

Where was this ghosttown in Arizona with the telephone service? Sounds intriguing!!!

Ghosttowns.com
04-27-2001, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by larry marmolejo

In Reply to: Re: Need a ghost town posted by Sam on March 02, 19100 at 11:10:26:

: I'm not familiar as to where you are but you could possibly look at the state of Nebraska there are abundant numbers of ghost towns here I personally own a section of farm, land including the bluffs of a the Missourri river which recently(1996) was discovered the remains of an early mining town called Minersville
: This discovery has enlightened me and led to many hours of reaserch on this and other towns here there is a great opporunity here in Nebraska
: Sincerely,
: Sam Carman