PDA

View Full Version : bootle house accordians

Ghosttowns.com
08-19-2000, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Reno Piatanesi

my grandfather and tommy thompson were old friends and gave him 2 accordians two play that he later displayed in the bottle house and i was wondering if anybody new what came of them? my grandfathers name was Finau Piatanesi. any info would be appreciated. thank you!

Ghosttowns.com
04-16-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Patrick Pavlisin
In Reply to: bootle house accordians posted by Reno Piatanesi on August 19, 19100 at 09:30:09:

: my grandfather and tommy thompson were old friends and gave him 2 accordians two play that he later displayed in the bottle house and i was wondering if anybody new what came of them? my grandfathers name was Finau Piatanesi. any info would be appreciated. thank you!

I have an accordion made by Finau Piatanesi. I don't know if it is one you are looking for but it is a F.Piatanesi Special , Chicago. I have pictures if you would like to see them please email me back. tnx

Ghosttowns.com
07-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Chris Emmons
In Reply to: bootle house accordians posted by Reno Piatanesi on August 19, 19100 at 09:30:09:

I just aquired a piatanesi accordian made during the earlier part of the 20th century. I would love to find out more about it if you would know anything. If so please contact me. Thanks.

Ghosttowns.com
10-29-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Frank Accurso

Hi

Several years ago, I found the subject accordion in a local flea market.

It is very detailed with rheinstones.

I had it refurbished @ accordion-o-rama in NYC and use it as a strolling accordion.

There was a date penciled in on one of the reed chambers "august 1924 (if my memory serves me right)

Best regards
Frank Accurso

Ghosttowns.com
03-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by bryan
In Reply to: my piatanesi accordian posted by Chris Emmons on July 30, 19102 at 00:38:57:

my 'step-family' had an accordian shop in SF called Colombo&Sons. They are the Piatanesi's.

Gecko
09-15-2004, 11:22 AM
im actualy a grandson of the Piatanesi who owned that accordian shop in SF

corda01
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi Reno, I have a chromatic accordion that has your grandfathers name on it. It is one of the type that has piano keys and then two rows of smaller keys below them. It is a C-System , and in quite good condition. I play it almost every day. It is adorned with many multi-colored rhinestones and hand done artwork. Your grandfather was a really good craftsman. I can show you some pictures of it if you are interested in seeing them. Thanks, Len Janicki "Corda01"

Clyde Woempner
12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
I also have a F. Piatanesi accordion, it was given to me by my father after he passed on. It was a special model for the Worlds Fair in Chiago in the mid 30's. My father played it for many years and it traveled around the world with him while he was in the Navy durning WW2. It is in very nice shape and I still play it about once a week. Sincerely
Clyde Woempner

corda01
12-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Hello Clyde, and thanks for your reply. I would like to ask you a question about your F.P. accordion. Is it Piano or chromatic? I have a Piantanesi that is a C-system chromatic, with the piano keys (False) and two additional rows below them. It is a wonderful work of craftsmanship. It was built in 1928. It has 4 color pictures of Jesus inside in various locations. I collect and restore old antique accordions and this one is my favorite. If you would like to see a photo of it I would be glad to send one if you tell me how to do it or give me your email address. Thanks Len

Clyde Woempner
01-13-2008, 09:32 AM
I have some photo's of my fathers accordion, made by F. Piatanesi. to view the photo's go to:

www.humboldt1.com/~n19346/images (http://www.humboldt1.com/~n19346/images)

Then select image 02
image 03
image 04
image 07
and image 18
It is a world's fair model, it plays great and sounds great.

Clyde Woempner
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
This is my Dad's old accordion, He told me he removed the name Tommy, and was going to put his own name, Ferdy on it. He had this accordion before WW2, and it was on display at the world's fair. He had told me his music instructor ordered it for a student and it was to large for her, so he asked my father if he wanted to buy it, which he did of course. Durning the War, my father was a gunner's mate, but stationed on a Liberty ship that had 5'' gun's. He took this accordion everywhere, told the capt. when they asked what was in the case, his tools for adjusting the gun sights for the 5" gun. But he did provide a lot of music for the crew once discovered what was in the case and was allowed to keep it aboard. If you look real hard at the photo I took, you will see where the name Tommy was attached. I don't know if this is Ms Rene Piatanesi accordion in question or not. When my Father bought this accordion, he lived in Co. Clyde Woempner:
e-mail: n19346@humboldt1.com

http://www.humboldt1.com/~n19346/images/image04