PDA

View Full Version : Rally

Ghosttowns.com
05-03-1999, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: Rob

Ghosttowns.com
05-07-1999, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Lewis Shorb

: : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : Rob

: Hi Rob,

: It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: Lewis

Ghosttowns.com
05-07-1999, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Rob

:

: : : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : : Rob

: : Hi Rob,

: : It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: : Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: : What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: : Lewis

: Too bad I missed the hike. I would have definitely done it but had to get back to San Diego that night. What's left in Panamint City?

: I am still game for planning a hike and/or backpack to Beveridge some time. It sounds like a grueling hike but likely worth it. I know Cat has also expressed an interest.

Ghosttowns.com
05-07-1999, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: Rob,

: I'll be up for the hike to Beveridge by fall! Should we plan for it now?

: Cat, Ripley and Mike

: :

: : : : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : : : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : : : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : : : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : : : Rob

: : : Hi Rob,

: : : It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: : : Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: : : What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: : : Lewis

: : Too bad I missed the hike. I would have definitely done it but had to get back to San Diego that night. What's left in Panamint City?

: : I am still game for planning a hike and/or backpack to Beveridge some time. It sounds like a grueling hike but likely worth it. I know Cat has also expressed an interest.

Ghosttowns.com
05-08-1999, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Cat, I think we should plan it now. I know the guy from Starbucks Hiking thinks May is the best time because the days are long and not too hot.

: September may even be an option. We need to decide if we do a 2 dayer or do it in one day. I heard a one day hike only allows you about 1/2 hour to explore because you don't want to run out of daylight for the return hike. That sounds like more work than fun.

: Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

:

: : Rob,

: : I'll be up for the hike to Beveridge by fall! Should we plan for it now?

: : Cat, Ripley and Mike

: : :

: : : : : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : : : : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : : : : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : : : : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : : : : Rob

: : : : Hi Rob,

: : : : It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: : : : Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: : : : What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: : : : Lewis

: : : Too bad I missed the hike. I would have definitely done it but had to get back to San Diego that night. What's left in Panamint City?

: : : I am still game for planning a hike and/or backpack to Beveridge some time. It sounds like a grueling hike but likely worth it. I know Cat has also expressed an interest.

Ghosttowns.com
05-12-1999, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Bill Schmelzer

: I could be interested in a Fall trip, mid Sept or later. This would have to be an overnighter to allow exploration time.

: Please keep me posted,

: Bill

Ghosttowns.com
05-13-1999, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: Rob,

: I cant do it this month (May), there is just WAY too much on my platter right now! And I wont be able to hike very strenuously again until fall due to an upcoming operation. So, if your interested, I would LOVE to plan a fall hiking trip up to Beveridge. Definitely an overnighter! And the more people that go, the less we all have to carry!!!! What do you think?

: Cat

: : Cat, I think we should plan it now. I know the guy from Starbucks Hiking thinks May is the best time because the days are long and not too hot.

: : September may even be an option. We need to decide if we do a 2 dayer or do it in one day. I heard a one day hike only allows you about 1/2 hour to explore because you don't want to run out of daylight for the return hike. That sounds like more work than fun.

: : Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

: :

: : : Rob,

: : : I'll be up for the hike to Beveridge by fall! Should we plan for it now?

: : : Cat, Ripley and Mike

: : : :

: : : : : : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : : : : : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : : : : : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : : : : : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : : : : : Rob

: : : : : Hi Rob,

: : : : : It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: : : : : Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: : : : : What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: : : : : Lewis

: : : : Too bad I missed the hike. I would have definitely done it but had to get back to San Diego that night. What's left in Panamint City?

: : : : I am still game for planning a hike and/or backpack to Beveridge some time. It sounds like a grueling hike but likely worth it. I know Cat has also expressed an interest.

: : : : Rob

Ghosttowns.com
05-13-1999, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Cat, I meant next May, but I am definitely up for planning an overnighter for this fall. We will have to start getting an idea of how many people are interested. I'll write to the guy from Starbucks to see what he thinks about a Fall trip.

: : Rob,

: : I cant do it this month (May), there is just WAY too much on my platter right now! And I wont be able to hike very strenuously again until fall due to an upcoming operation. So, if your interested, I would LOVE to plan a fall hiking trip up to Beveridge. Definitely an overnighter! And the more people that go, the less we all have to carry!!!! What do you think?

: : Cat

: : : Cat, I think we should plan it now. I know the guy from Starbucks Hiking thinks May is the best time because the days are long and not too hot.

: : : September may even be an option. We need to decide if we do a 2 dayer or do it in one day. I heard a one day hike only allows you about 1/2 hour to explore because you don't want to run out of daylight for the return hike. That sounds like more work than fun.

: : : Anyone have suggestions or ideas?

: : :

: : : : Rob,

: : : : I'll be up for the hike to Beveridge by fall! Should we plan for it now?

: : : : Cat, Ripley and Mike

: : : : :

: : : : : : : Just wanted to thank everyone for the great time had at the rally. It was fun to be able to put faces to names. We have quite a diverse group of people, young and old, male and female!

: : : : : : : Mike and Jody were gracious hosts, and Stanley Paher was as friendly and personable as they come. It was a thrill to meet a legend!

: : : : : : : My only regret was because of last minute issues, I had to drive up from San Diego in the morning, and drive back the same afternoon. I had wanted to stay for another day of exploring.

: : : : : : : Look forward to next years 2 day event!

: : : : : : : Rob

: : : : : : Hi Rob,

: : : : : : It was nice to meet you and all the other people and to finally be able to match the faces with the "WANTED" posters. Sat. Night Randi and I had the town to ourself's and we stayed in the Belshaw house (very nice).

: : : : : : Too bad nobody stuck around for Sun. to join us on a little hike to Panamint City. We hiked up to the end of the canyon past Panamint City to Thompson Camp (home of the famous "Shotgun Mary") for a total of a 12 mile round trip hike, with 50% of the hike in flowing water including hiking through the waterfalls.

: : : : : : What torure we go through just to see a GT!

: : : : : : Lewis

: : : : : Too bad I missed the hike. I would have definitely done it but had to get back to San Diego that night. What's left in Panamint City?

: : : : : I am still game for planning a hike and/or backpack to Beveridge some time. It sounds like a grueling hike but likely worth it. I know Cat has also expressed an interest.

: : : : : Rob