PDA

View Full Version : i would like any info. on central oregon ghost towns or old homesteads.

Ghosttowns.com
03-21-2001, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dennis mackey

i would appreciate any info. on old homesites or ghost town sites where i might be able to take my kids metal detecting. thank you....

Ghosttowns.com
09-13-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Pat T.

In Reply to: i would like any info. on central oregon ghost towns or old homesteads. posted by dennis mackey on March 21, 19101 at 18:22:38:

: i would appreciate any info. on old homesites or ghost town sites where i might be able to take my kids metal detecting. thank you....
I would suggest Grandview or Geneva, both are easily accessible and are posted at ghosttowns.com. You can enter from either of two means. Access may be gained by driving to Sisters & if West bound turn right at the road that goes between the schools, north. this road is shown on most maps thru 1975. the other way is to cross lake Billy Chinook continueing until you find the Grandview cemetery. This is the opposite end of the same road. GL & HH Pat T.

Ghosttowns.com
06-28-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by steven robinett
In Reply to: Re: i would like any info. on central oregon ghost towns or old homesteads. posted by Pat T. on September 13, 19101 at 21:29:36:

: : i would appreciate any info. on old homesites or ghost town sites where i might be able to take my kids metal detecting. thank you....
: I would suggest Grandview or Geneva, both are easily accessible and are posted at ghosttowns.com. You can enter from either of two means. Access may be gained by driving to Sisters & if West bound turn right at the road that goes between the schools, north. this road is shown on most maps thru 1975. the other way is to cross lake Billy Chinook continueing until you find the Grandview cemetery. This is the opposite end of the same road. GL & HH Pat T.

I own property in the Grandview area do you know where I would be able to gain a map of the old town?

Also from Jordan Rd. (in front of the cemetary heading west)with the cemetary to the south where are these schools?( coming in from lake billy Chinook)
I have travled past the cemetary west where the road natuarlly cures south and about 2 miles down there is an old structure on the right and the left are these the schools.
Thanx

Steve R.

Ghosttowns.com
08-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl Hickman
In Reply to: i would like any info. on central oregon ghost towns or old homesteads. posted by dennis mackey on March 21, 19101 at 18:22:38:

: i would appreciate any info. on old homesites or ghost town sites where i might be able to take my kids metal detecting. thank you....