PDA

View Full Version : Bannack, Montana, Ghost town

Ghosttowns.com
06-03-2001, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Vicki

I am going to visit the Bannack ghost town in late June and wondered if anyone knew of places to stay there and if there are any hot springs nearby. I will be coming from Salmon, Idaho

Ghosttowns.com
06-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Max Borden

In Reply to: Bannack, Montana, Ghost town posted by Vicki on June 03, 19101 at 08:59:30:

: I am going to visit the Bannack ghost town in late June and wondered if anyone knew of places to stay there and if there are any hot springs nearby. I will be coming from Salmon, Idaho
Try Elkhorn Hot Springs Resort north of Polaris, In '94 it had great lodgeing,food and hot pools, Lots of history. Camping 1/2 mile at Grasshopper Park, Crystal digging and another goast town nearby although it maybe private and require 4 wheel drive by now.

Ghosttowns.com
04-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Hally
In Reply to: Bannack, Montana, Ghost town posted by Vicki on June 03, 19101 at 08:59:30:

I would like to know how much gold was found here and what mountain range it is in.

cowboy_ds
02-19-2006, 04:51 PM
The town of Dillon is close to Bannock but I recommend to stay at Jackson, close to bannock also, equipt with hotsprings, restrauant and motel. Located in the Big Hole Valley. BEAUTIFUL!

Flatiron
02-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure if Bannack is in the Pioneer Mtns. or not, but Bannack is a great place to visit. It used to be the territorial capital many years ago, and as previously said, Elkhorn Hot Springs, Crystal Park, Jackson, and even the town of Wisdom are fun places to visit. If you have time, check out the Big Hole Battlefield site in the northwest end of the Big Hole. Kinda wish I was there again..............

Bruce A. Raisch
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
There is a camp ground in Bannack, State Park. Camping for a small fee. Closest place on the map for sure would be Butt, MT. There may be some off of I15 but not sure.

BANNACK IS GREAT!

My books: Ghost Towns of Wyoming and Ghost Towns and Other Historical Sites of the Black Hills are coming out April 7th.

email me at bar4916@yahoo.com for more details.

Join the Adventure!

Bruce A. Raisch, Historian, Photographer,
Ghost Town Writer

thomas,m
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
continue west on hwy 278....hook the next right on paved hwy,,,,north,,on scenic byway,,pioneer mtn range..elkhorne hot springs is up the road about 16 miles,,,,,just up the road is crystel park,,you can dig for crystels...then just up the road is cooledge ghost town,,,you gotte hike in about 2 miles,,,but its well worth it...bring your camera along this rout,,,scenery is every whear..jackson is a one horse town,,,ok two...