PDA

View Full Version : ore car

Ghosttowns.com
09-01-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bob

I am still searching for a mining ore car for sale located in the southwest.
Does anyone know where I can find one?

Ghosttowns.com
09-08-2001, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Dominic

In Reply to: ore car posted by Bob on September 01, 19101 at 12:03:40:

: I am still searching for a mining ore car for sale located in the southwest.
: Does anyone know where I can find one?

I am in the process of extracting several ore cars, should have them out within the next year, there is a whole trip of them in this mine,only problem is I am from PA. But I could possibly be willing to travel part way or possibly further if you are really interested. What state are you located in?

Ghosttowns.com
04-21-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Dale Miller
In Reply to: Re: ore car posted by Dominic on September 08, 19101 at 05:53:59:

Dominic....

I have spent quite a few years exploring mines and ghost towns in the Nevada and California deserts. Year by year these wonderful places are slowly deteriorating and will eventually disappear. In some of my travels I have seen quite a few objects and artifacts that I would love to have on display in my living room or my front yard. I mean it is only ONE little piece of equipment right? And nobody else has any use for it or else it wouldnt be sitting out here in the middle of nowhere. But if I take something, and the next persn there takes something, and the next, and the next.....well I hope you see my point. I have adopted a strict "take nothing, leave nothing" policy in my exploring. For those of us who have the knowledge and equipment to safely explore abandoned mines, seeing equipment left behind is a special treat. There are very few mines out there actually containing ore carts. Most of us who know about these places guard their location from people like you who only want to load everything up and haul it away just to make a few bucks! In the event that you actually OWN the property you are removing items from, I apologize. Your property is yours to do want to with. However, if that is not the case, please leave things where you found them, so my children have something besides pictures to look at! In addition to irritating those of us who truly appreciate these sites, you are almost undoubtedly breaking the law. It is illegal to remove anything from the site of a ghost town, and the majority of abandoned mines are owned by some large mining company in hopes that one day the price of gold will skyrocket and these old mines will once again be a lucrative business.

Ghosttowns.com
07-26-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Dr Webe

I have several mine/ore cars for sale in Las Vegas, Email me at webowitz@aol.com.

Ghosttowns.com
02-26-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by tracy

Hi, If you are still looking for a ore car please let me know what you are looking for, I have several different types and I live in arizona part time and New Mexico. Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
03-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Chris Roth

I am in Laughlin Nevada. I have a swivel dump ore car with small section of track. If interested I can send pics and size.

Ghosttowns.com
04-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by haywire

hope you have paper on the claims, if not you are stealing!!

Ghosttowns.com
04-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Paul Walker

: : I am still searching for a mining ore car for sale located in the southwest.

: : Does anyone know where I can find one?
I have one for sale in Tucson,AZ (520) 327-7765

: I am in the process of extracting several ore cars, should have them out within the next year, there is a whole trip of them in this mine,only problem is I am from PA. But I could possibly be willing to travel part way or possibly further if you are really interested. What state are you located in?

Ghosttowns.com
04-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by randy

yes, there was an antique dealer on the main highway out east of tempe who had a complete "train" of ore cars in front of his shop and if you place a "want to buy" add in the local newspaper I am sure that you will get replys as there are lots of them around in peoples yards that come up for sale. Also Lunds Mining Equipment located on the highway going from Carson City Nv. to Viginia City has always old ones in inventory but be ready to pay anywhere from $ 1500 and up. But they are great ones.
: : I am still searching for a mining ore car for sale located in the southwest.

: : Does anyone know where I can find one?

: I am in the process of extracting several ore cars, should have them out within the next year, there is a whole trip of them in this mine,only problem is I am from PA. But I could possibly be willing to travel part way or possibly further if you are really interested. What state are you located in?

Ghosttowns.com
07-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Hal Brink

Bob,

I'm looking for a mining ore cart. If you have found some can you tell me too /

Thanks, hal

Nichole33
03-07-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Bob

Hello,

I have an ore car and bucket for sale in Colorado, email me at delong304@msn.com if you are still interested.

Nichole

Johnnie
03-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Chris Roth

I am in Laughlin Nevada. I have a swivel dump ore car with small section of track. If interested I can send pics and size.

Hello! we are plannig a trip to Laughlin in June, If you don't sell it by then I would like to meet up with you and check it out.

Johnnie & Family

Bret
09-20-2004, 11:06 AM
I have some ore car parts available from some mines near me in southern california these mines there from will soon be bulldozed and sealed so with me getting them i feel i am preserving some of the history, most of the car is underground but it it not too safe to remove the bucket in most of these locations

tj1111fishing
01-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I have a few ore cars available; all three are different from eachother and all are swiveling dumps. I also have various spare parts to other cars as well. I am in Utah but am willing to travel for delivery if the price is right. please email if interested or if you have any questions.

ghost_town_huntress
01-13-2006, 08:49 PM
How much do ore cars normally go for? Maybe if my husband makes enough money on this job or if we get enough back at tax time, I might be interested. And I'm in Utah too, so you wouldn't have to travel far.

Rachel in Provo ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Shirley
02-02-2006, 06:06 PM
I have an ore cart for sale in southern California.
Interested parties can contact me for further information at ssmithvc@yahoo.com

caver
02-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Tracy's Antiques just south of Montrose CO had a couple old ore cars last summer.
Pricey and they don't seem too eager to haggle.
I bought an old water ram pump from them.
Ebay searches seem to bring up loads of model railroading ore cars. :(

Blair Jett
05-09-2006, 03:28 PM
I strongly agree with the "TAKE NOTHING & LEAVE NOTHING" policy! I warn anyone that goes exploring with me of that rule & I will not tolerate it under any circumstances whatsoever!!!

brian10x
05-09-2006, 06:38 PM
I strongly agree with the "TAKE NOTHING & LEAVE NOTHING" policy! I warn anyone that goes exploring with me of that rule & I will not tolerate it under any circumstances whatsoever!!!
One ofmy ghost town books puts it "Take only memories, leave ony footprints."

Although, sometimes I have to take a crap out in the desert.

Brian

bad bob
05-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Twice in the same day, this is truly remarkable. (re: Brian's post involving tin foil).

Brian, you are my new comedy hero.
bb.

GaryB
05-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Although, sometimes I have to take a crap out in the desert.

Brian

So you are the one doing that! You sick, sick, man!

brian10x
05-10-2006, 05:31 PM
So you are the one doing that! You sick, sick, man!

You say that like its a BAD thing. At least I wipe. Its a little hard to read the topo map later, though.

Moderator: Need more smileys

bad bob
05-10-2006, 06:28 PM
omg, I nearly coughed up a lung Brian.....but please continue...this is waaaaaaaaay better than cable.
bb.

GaryB
05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Topo map huh? That might work better than my GPS unit does. ;)

bad bob
05-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Please be careful of the Snappin' Armadillos. They're also crabby desert crapper snappers. And you may want to try wipin' with cacti, mesquite, or tulips. Anything but the maps or GPS.
bb.

GaryB
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
No armadillo's here. Cotton tails work really good though, unless they are small, then you might need 2 to get the job done.

mad mountain mike
05-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Contact: Dennis Evers in Durango, CO at: (970)-884-0537 or at: evers@ekiva.net He has reproduction ore cars around $1095 each and look GREAT!!!! and he SHIPS!!!

Dezdan
06-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Contact: Dennis Evers in Durango, CO at: (970)-884-0537 or at: evers@ekiva.net He has reproduction ore cars around $1095 each and look GREAT!!!! and he SHIPS!!!That's more then what a real one sells for on the average market! Why pay more for a fake one with no real history behind it???

GaryB
06-11-2006, 10:22 AM
That's more then what a real one sells for on the average market! Why pay more for a fake one with no real history behind it???

From the little bit I have been looking, it's actually a fair price. I was looking for a repro for some landscaping ideas at my house. For the full size ones, they run around $1200 before shipping.

Unless you know of a cheaper source, as I'd be interested ;)

Pamgale
11-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I have one near Safford, Arizona 3 hours east of you. Authentic from Utah gold mine on 5 feet of track. email me at prevans@cableone.net

Pamgale
11-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I have one if you are interested, it is real, has a history and is near Phoenix, Arizona on 5 feet of track.

ranch
10-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Are you still looking for ore carts, I have two

SHOLSTER
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Bob

Not sure how old your looking for but have one and it is on a section of track along with other misc. mining equip. if interested I do have pics.

BaldMtn1960
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Bob

If you haven't found an ore cart as yet, there is an antique store (name unknown) in Lone Pine, Calif. on the main street (U.S.395) that sells ore carts. Probably reproductions, but they look very nice.

Also, try www.orecars.com (http://www.orecars.com) for Melchor Iron works for reproductions

tugandnuma54
02-22-2010, 08:32 AM
Do you have pics of ore carts you can email? Am interested in seeing them.
tugandnuma@hotmail.com

dwinslow
02-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Do you have pics of ore carts you can email? Am interested in seeing them.
tugandnuma@hotmail.com

Use the search function at the top of the page. There are numerous posts with pictures available. Search for "ore cars".

campp
02-23-2010, 04:52 AM
This thread will never die. Almost 10 years old.