PDA

View Full Version : Bendigo, New Zealand

Ghosttowns.com
06-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Lloyd Carpenter
I am writing a book about Bendigo, Central Otago, occupied 1862 - 1924. Settlers came from Wales, Scotland, California and Australia. Gold was plentiful in alluvial form 1862 - 1867, then extensive hardrock (quartz) mining until 1924. If anyone has information, or pictures from the town, I would love to hear from them. Expected date of publication December 2003.

Ghosttowns.com
02-11-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Margaret Pedersen (nee Cameron)
In Reply to: Bendigo, New Zealand posted by Lloyd Carpenter on June 13, 19102 at 01:06:12:

: I am writing a book about Bendigo, Central Otago, occupied 1862 - 1924. Settlers came from Wales, Scotland, California and Australia. Gold was plentiful in alluvial form 1862 - 1867, then extensive hardrock (quartz) mining until 1924. If anyone has information, or pictures from the town, I would love to hear from them. Expected date of publication December 2003.

Ghosttowns.com
02-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Margaret Pedersen
In Reply to: Re: Bendigo, New Zealand posted by Margaret Pedersen (nee Cameron) on February 11, 19103 at 09:50:26:

: : I am writing a book about Bendigo, Central Otago, occupied 1862 - 1924. Settlers came from Wales, Scotland, California and Australia. Gold was plentiful in alluvial form 1862 - 1867, then extensive hardrock (quartz) mining until 1924. If anyone has information, or pictures from the town, I would love to hear from them. Expected date of publication December 2003.
My great uncle and his sister lived in Bendigo
until the 50´s and as far as I know, my grandfather was also mining for gold in or around
the area, Their cottage is the last remaning
building in Bendigo.

Ghosttowns.com
02-16-2003, 07:45 AM
In Reply to: Bendigo, New Zealand posted by Lloyd Carpenter on June 13, 19102 at 01:06:12:

: I am writing a book about Bendigo, Central Otago, occupied 1862 - 1924. Settlers came from Wales, Scotland, California and Australia. Gold was plentiful in alluvial form 1862 - 1867, then extensive hardrock (quartz) mining until 1924. If anyone has information, or pictures from the town, I would love to hear from them. Expected date of publication December 2003.
Hi LLoyd, if you get this, would you please reply?
My great uncle and aunty were the last (except for
the farm house, which is now pulled down) to live
in Bendigo, their home is the last standing stone
house and as far as I know is used as a crib. I
visited them with my grandmother in about 1947 (or
so)and Alex Cameron (my uncle) was still washing
for gold. I have been told a lot of stories about the town of Bendigo, but unfortunately my
father, who told the stories, has died and how much do you remember as a kid?? anyway, I´m interested in you project, so let me know how its
going??
Regards,

Margaret Pedersen (nee Cameron)

Lloyd Carpenter
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM

Hi LLoyd, if you get this, would you please reply?
My great uncle and aunty were the last (except for
the farm house, which is now pulled down) to live
in Bendigo, their home is the last standing stone
house and as far as I know is used as a crib. I
visited them with my grandmother in about 1947 (or
so)and Alex Cameron (my uncle) was still washing
for gold. I have been told a lot of stories about the town of Bendigo, but unfortunately my
father, who told the stories, has died and how much do you remember as a kid?? anyway, I´m interested in you project, so let me know how its
going??
Regards,

Margaret Pedersen (nee Cameron)
Hi Margaret
I am hoping this manages to get a message to you after so long. A marriage break-up and thus loss of files, computer etc meant I had completely lost all your details and the contact here you passed on. I am now rebuilding things, and have spent a lot of time getting old information together. I have completed the first of my chapters (on the Aurora company at Bendigo), but I have come across the Cameron name on many, many occasions (some quite amusing anecdotes!). If you get this, I would love to hear from you. My home email is lloyd.carpenter@gmail.com if you are able to get this.
Regards
Lloyd Carpenter
New Zealand