PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on Ghost Towns in NM or CO to Visit

Ghosttowns.com
05-10-1999, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Scott Piper

: I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good ghost towns to visit. I will be in Albuquerque and Colorado Springs soon and am interested in seeing this part of our history. Preferably they would be close to I-25 and relatively unrestored, but as I am completely unfamiliar with this area I am also willing to travel a ways. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Emails would be fine. Thanks!

: Scott

Ghosttowns.com
05-14-1999, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Paul Lessard

: : I was wondering if anyone could suggest some good ghost towns to visit. I will be in Albuquerque and Colorado Springs soon and am interested in seeing this part of our history. Preferably they would be close to I-25 and relatively unrestored, but as I am completely unfamiliar with this area I am also willing to travel a ways. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Emails would be fine. Thanks!

: : Scott

: Hey Scott-take highway 4 (Turquoise Trail) from Santa Fe to Albuquerque instead of I-25. You'll run into the ghost towns of Cerrillos, Madrid, and Golden. The side trip is very scenic and worth your time. If you have children traveling with you, stop at the Tinkertown Museum at the turnoff to the ski area. If you have no children with you, get the nachos and some beers at the Mine Shaft Tavern in Madrid. Cool place!