PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns in Washington St ???

Ghosttowns.com
05-11-1999, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Dusty

: Greetings !

: I live near Seattle Wa. and have been looking for

: some not so well known ghost towns. I am also looking

: for old Mines or caves. And possibly gold panning areas.

: If anyone has any info that would be great.

: Preferably places within 100 miles or so .

: Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
05-11-1999, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by David A. Wright

: REPLY:

: Contact Chuck Flood, a published author about ghost towns of Washington state. His email address is:

: cflood@bainbridge.net

Ghosttowns.com
05-12-1999, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Adam

: I am from Seattle as well in the same boat as you, looking for some sites near here. I have heard some info on places near Ellensburg, Index, and Goldbar, but I have yet to make the journey.

:

: : I live near Seattle Wa. and have been looking for

: : some not so well known ghost towns. I am also looking

: : for old Mines or caves. And possibly gold panning areas.

: : If anyone has any info that would be great.

: : Preferably places within 100 miles or so .

: : Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
05-23-1999, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Jeff (wonrat)

: There are several mining type ghost towns about an hour south of Seattle. Most of these towns flourished in the 1890's to 1910, but were mostly coal towns that dissapeared with the need for coal. For more info e-mail me.

Ghosttowns.com
12-11-2001, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by underground explorers of snohomish county

: : Greetings !
: : I live near Seattle Wa. and have been looking for
: : some not so well known ghost towns. I am also looking
: : for old Mines or caves. And possibly gold panning areas.
: : If anyone has any info that would be great.
: : Preferably places within 100 miles or so .
: : Thanks

: u need 2 get a book called discovering washingtons historic mines. it got all the anwsers your looking 4 an some.

chris bell
12-22-2004, 02:42 AM
our yahoo group has many members who go out and look for old mines and ghost towns the name is NWUNDERGROUND, we are found through the yahoo groups good luck.

Ghostdancer
01-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Dusty,

Liberty, WA (http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/wa/liberty.html) NE of Cle Elum is a beautiful spot with some abandoned buildings. I was there is June 2001 when I took the photos. This was during a visit to Bellevue where a relative of mine lives. From Cle Elum take Hwy970 to Hwy97 going north. It's a short ways past where you turn off.

Tom

old judge
01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
Tom: A visit to topozone shows another Liberty about 1+ miles ENE of the Liberty on Hwy 97. It's near the intersection of Williams Creek and Boulder Creek and appears more remote, but more substantial than the Liberty of which you write. Have you or others been there? Looks like a decent road (Liberty Rd.) leads to it. OJ

Ghostdancer
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Tom: A visit to topozone shows another Liberty about 1+ miles ENE of the Liberty on Hwy 97. It's near the intersection of Williams Creek and Boulder Creek and appears more remote, but more substantial than the Liberty of which you write. Have you or others been there? Looks like a decent road (Liberty Rd.) leads to it. OJ
I didn't know there was another; I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I take a trip up there.

Mpricekalama
03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Dusty

: I live near Seattle Wa. and have been looking for

: some not so well known ghost towns. I am also looking

: for old Mines or caves. And possibly gold panning areas.

: If anyone has any info that would be great.

: Preferably places within 100 miles or so .

: Thanks

Might want to consider joining the G.P.P.A. It's a club for prospectors with claims and places to prospect throughout the country. Part of the membership package is a guide book that details the locations of member claims as well as lost treasures and of course, ghost towns.

Tsarevna
04-04-2011, 11:25 AM
The original post asking for help was made 11 years ago.

Those posts should just be deleted...i have no idea why people even respond. Do you really think he hasn't found a ghost town to visit in all that time? :D

Darin
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Thread is now closed!