PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Settlers For A new Frontier

Ghosttowns.com
01-02-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by John
We are trying to recruit serious individuals who are tired of the filthy rat race and the backstabbing society to join u our family in purchasing property in Alaska. The land we are interested in has water and trees and best of all, for those who wish to,GOLD!! It will be a joint effort,but all gold found will be used to make our sttlement the best!!We only want you if you are willing to work together with others, have a great outlook on life,and the values that are so important in keeping a society
that watches out for each other.Let us know what you can bring to the table,in other words,trade skills,artistic abilities,and so forth. The great migration will begin next late spring,so we need to get everything and everybody on the same wave lenght before we leave. I promise you this will bring the real adventure,and challenge back into your life!

lostalaskan
12-17-2009, 06:17 PM
I( would be courious to know where abouts you plan to build this settlement.I homesteaded alaska in the mid 70,s and last open homesteading was in 1986 so im rather courious as to whats going on here unless you plan on developing the remote homesites they have offered.In which case you pay XX amount of money for survey costs at the end of your prove up period.These being 5, 10, and 20 acre parcels.And if things have changed since i have last been up there please correct me.

Tyroler
01-07-2010, 03:29 AM
Well,good idea,but,
1.)Winter long and Summer short.So you need some Gold to buy Food,and what you need more,as you do Gold Diggin and have no Time for Farming
2.)If Gold is not for use,how you earn Money for your Bills,Medicals,Privat enjoiment,ect,ect
3.) Who owns the Land later?

I,when i sah the Titel,was sure you need People who each one buys Land,builds a Cabin,Stable,or whats needed.A Shopkeeper a Store,for exemple,and all leave in a Comunity,for Fun Parttime,or Fulltime,if Possible.Retired People could do such Things.
But alaska? Never had that Country in Mind when i dreamed about the Time after Retirement.
Why i replied?
Well,im 50 and looking forward to find a Place i can run a small Hobby Ranch after Retirement.
You know,some Chicken,a Cow,two Horses and growin some Vegetables,River on or next to Land,small Forest to have Timber for Cabin and Firewood. .......

gotoaprayer
04-26-2011, 04:58 PM
hello,you sound like people with mutual goals. my family is large,faithful to God,ingenuitive,hardworking and resourceful.however,we are poor,we have pateince with children,some building skills,ect.but no money. if you could use someone like us please email me at gotoaprayer@yahoo.com.

Tsarevna
05-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Not sure why anyone has replied to this thread, it's from 2003.

I am curious as to what became of this expedition, however.

Wolfgang
08-01-2011, 03:22 AM
Armchair dreamers . . . . there are plenty of 'em . . ...... :rolleyes:

I actually live in an "old west town" . . . which is self supporting as it is utilized by movie companies as a film set. It is quiet as I'm the only "resident" ( the owners of the property live on the adjoining property ). . . when not used for filming is "populated" on and on and off basis by historical reenactors who are there just to party in the saloon, shoot guns and generally have FUN :) Part of the town is like a "Spaghetti Western Set" and looks pretty "ghosted". . . towards the other end of town things become a little more "clean and newly built". I have my own building that I constructed last winter ( 2010 - 2011 ).

A look if you wish at :

http://www.drburkholter.com/cf13.html (http://www.drburkholter.com/cf13.html)
and a "short" filmed in the town last spring, . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg2vV772pVk

Tyroler
08-01-2011, 02:22 PM
i retire in a few Year and need Home&Activity then
Any place around you,and whats the Cost?