PDA

View Full Version : HELP: NEED TO KNOW

Ghosttowns.com
02-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Victoria Williams
I read the message below and would like to know if anyone has information on this. Please respond.

Victoria

Posted by Gary Laird on August 15, 19101 at 09:51:30:

In Reply to: need pictures/plans for western town posted by sam on August 08, 19101 at 19:54:54:

: I am getting ready to build a life-size old western town. I plan on having a bank, saloon, hotel, and sheriff's office with jail (similar to Gunsmoke). I would like to know where I can find pictures or plans for these buildings. Right now I need ideas. Thanks. Finally I found someone with the same interest as me, but what about restoring an exsisting Ghost Town, and open it as a tourist attraction, I found that the Government will help with this idea and would let you have total control over a ghost town like this,as long as they receive the tax income due once the ghost town has been completly restored and open to the public. contact me I would like to hear from you.

Ghosttowns.com
06-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Charles
In Reply to: HELP: NEED TO KNOW posted by Victoria Williams on February 02, 19103 at 11:29:38:

I am very interested, and I know a thing or two about the old towns, even have allot af access to old artifacts of 1850 to 1930. Uniforms pictures ect. email me @ utahoutlaw@msn.com

shai
03-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I am very interested in purchasing an old ghost town to restore. I'd like to recreate a whole town, from the hotel right on down to the horses and such.
I would like more information on gov't assistance with restoration.
And if any of you have any advice, or have a town to sell, please email me at lunamoms @ yahoo.com
Thanks!
Shai

detailer03
05-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Some one tried this in Bumble bee. For what ever reason it did not work. Look it up on the web. There is small shop in Bumble Bee that has the history of the town. If you are not sure where it is, let me know. I see you are from Phoenix, I am from Glendale. Bumble Bee is on the way to Crown King.

Johnnie
05-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Hello fellow ghostowner, Let us know when you are nearing completion of your project, We are conpileing stories and information and a video on our project that we hope to have available soon, Of "ghost town buffs" like yourself that are building their own old west town, And if you could include photos along the way of your progress for this book and video "how to" biuld your own old west town.

Thanks
Johnnie & sheila
Old west Researcher and Historian

Johnnie
05-19-2004, 02:58 AM
Hello again, This your fellow ghosttowner Johnnie If you go to the Ghost Town.Com Archives and go to page (2) and scroll down to 293 & 294 you can read my own experience that i wrote a year or so ago. Of visiting an old west town that a fellow here california built back in the eary 1940s much like Walter Knott, did in Buena Park, California But Mr. W, Parker Lyon project was a much smaller scale but more interesting to me, Because he had collected 24 rooms of old west memrobilla including old full size locomotive. good luck with your neat project.

Johnnie & Family

JoHagins
05-22-2004, 07:53 PM
I am wonderding where you are building this site and your procedures to get the place. What type of Western Buildings are you wanting? Please tell me the procedures to go through to reopen a ghost town. Thanks Jo Hagins Texas

lovlyperson
06-14-2004, 05:30 AM
I know so much as you,and would ask you,to tell my,when you get answer to your question.
Lovlyperson@o2.co.uk

if you speek German,there is a forum by the Austrian TV.Go to " www.orf.at (http://www.orf.at) "to find by oesterreich news pages for tirol,Vorarlberg,Salzburg,Kaernten,Steiermark,burg enland,Niederoesterreich,Oberoesterreich und the capitol Wien (Vienna).you can do in English too.but the news are all in German.
But you can do by " www.austriatoday.at (http://www.austriatoday.at) " which is a English written Newspaper,made for the UN-CITY,and cost about $40.-/Year.