PDA

View Full Version : metal detecting abandoned campgrounds in Washington state.........********

Ghosttowns.com
05-17-1999, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Alan

: has anybody been doing any research on old campgrounds in Washington state. (campgrounds not on modern maps but on older maps?)I have. Anybody wishing to colaborate to find some places like this and do some metal detecting let me know

Ghosttowns.com
01-15-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Scott Nickel

: : has anybody been doing any research on old campgrounds in Washington state. (campgrounds not on modern maps but on older maps?)I have. Anybody wishing to colaborate to find some places like this and do some metal detecting let me know

: I have not been doing research, but would be interested. I recently moved back to the puget sound area and want to get out and do some detecting. I am in Poulsbo. Let me know what info you have or what I can do to help.

Ghosttowns.com
09-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by terry wright

: Yes, I have a lot of information on many subjects for detecting in our state. Terry
: : has anybody been doing any research on old campgrounds in Washington state. (campgrounds not on modern maps but on older maps?)I have. Anybody wishing to colaborate to find some places like this and do some metal detecting let me know

Lygore2336
07-06-2009, 10:23 PM
I would definately be interested! I'm in Vancouver (WA not BC) so if you're coming down my way just let me know. I'm currently searching for ghost towns, old homesteads, and the such. I'll keep ya posted if I find anything. Happy hunting!

Travis
09-21-2009, 12:14 PM
I myself live in Poulsbo, and have just recently started detecting the area. I haven't found anything substantial yet, just some clad and pennies and such..

Originally posted by Scott Nickel

: I have not been doing research, but would be interested. I recently moved back to the puget sound area and want to get out and do some detecting. I am in Poulsbo. Let me know what info you have or what I can do to help.

bad bob
09-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I myself live in Poulsbo, and have just recently started detecting the area. I haven't found anything substantial yet, just some clad and pennies and such..

Just in case you've overlooked or forgotten it, you md'ers best check local laws regarding md'ing historic or protected sites, or private property. Stiff fines are being levied for ALL violators caught outta bounds. :)

dirtpenny
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I would definately be interested! I'm in Vancouver (WA not BC) so if you're coming down my way just let me know. I'm currently searching for ghost towns, old homesteads, and the such. I'll keep ya posted if I find anything. Happy hunting!

I too am from Vancouver............Give me a holler and maybe we can do some treasure huntin'!!!

Fire Support
10-13-2010, 09:12 PM
I was traveling along hwy 101 near the coast and seen many abandoned homes and business. Anyone detect these or seen them to and know the history about these places?

Darin
10-14-2010, 02:29 AM
I was traveling along hwy 101 near the coast and seen many abandoned homes and business. Anyone detect these or seen them to and know the history about these places?
I'm thinking that your question on "detecting" is best to get an answer on the White's MD forum...now knowing the history on a place would probably fit right in here!!!

yenkoo
10-14-2010, 09:42 AM
I'm in Benton County and am looking for a detecting partner.

Darin
10-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Then I would say find a metal detecting forum....cause this ain't it!!!

GaryB
10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Can I use a metal detector to find ghosts and other paranormal activity?

shirohniichan
10-14-2010, 04:01 PM

It's better to use a Geiger counter and look for radioactive ghosts in Nevada.

bad bob
10-14-2010, 06:43 PM

Only if they're draggin' chains. :p

yenkoo
01-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Then I would say find a metal detecting forum....cause this ain't it!!!

Chill friend....

Jamie-Winter
01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Hi, im in clark county and iv just started treasure hunting and am looking for a good place to start. Any good ideas would be much appreciated.

campp
01-30-2011, 03:45 AM
"Treasure Hunting". It sounds so nice and innocent, doesn't it?

Darin
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Nothing like finding a bad place to start right out the gate...especially on a ghost towning forum!

shellerlyn01
07-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you ever found a partner for metal detecting? I live in kennewick,washington and just purchased a simple whites prism 2. I am still figuring it out but have always wanted to do this for fun and of course treasure hunting.
I don't know much at all about you if your Male,Female etc. but I am a female in my early 50's.Maybe we can stay in touch. Let me know a little bit about where you live in benton county and if you are still looking for a partner.Thanks Shelley

shellerlyn01
07-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Yenkoo, I replied to your thread but don't see it on here so here I go again. I also live in Benton County. I just started metal detecting.I just bought a simple whites prism 2,until I can afford a better one.
I am still figuring it out, but I have always wanted to do this for a hobby.I Don't know if you are still looking for a partner or not but let me know.
I don't know much about you but I am a female in my early 50's.Thanks