PDA

View Full Version : Notice to all hiking Beveridge

Ghosttowns.com
05-19-1999, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Gerald Thomas

: I've Noticed several posting mentioning a mining claim of mine called Beveridge in the Inyo mtn range. Five years ago I filed claim to all mineral rights and property of said claim. Any remove objects of any sorts will be a criminal act !!! I will most likely be doing my yearly assement work the first part of June at my Claim and anybody found removing or disturbing of any objects I will deal with in my own maner if the situation calls for it!!! I'm not trying to make this posting sound nasty but theres been a lot of uncalled vandalisom done to the claim the last few years. I haven't posted No tresspassing sighn and really don't want to !! But these Vandles have got to be stopped !! Again remember any removeable of any object is just the same as if I was to come into your house and remove some valuable object of yours !!!!PLEASE leave things so others can enjoy to!!! Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
05-19-1999, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by bad bob

: : I've Noticed several posting mentioning a mining claim of mine called Beveridge in the Inyo mtn range. Five years ago I filed claim to all mineral rights and property of said claim. Any remove objects of any sorts will be a criminal act !!! I will most likely be doing my yearly assement work the first part of June at my Claim and anybody found removing or disturbing of any objects I will deal with in my own maner if the situation calls for it!!! I'm not trying to make this posting sound nasty but theres been a lot of uncalled vandalisom done to the claim the last few years. I haven't posted No tresspassing sighn and really don't want to !! But these Vandles have got to be stopped !! Again remember any removeable of any object is just the same as if I was to come into your house and remove some valuable object of yours !!!!PLEASE leave things so others can enjoy to!!! Thanks

: Gerry, Gerry , Gerry, Here we buy you your books, send you to school, and what do you do? Eat the erasers. Shame on you, you bad boy. In case you haven't noticed, this web site is about "visiting" ghost towns, and historical sites, and while I would not presume to speak for the others here, I can tell you that I believe most here are, like myself, in favor of protecting these fragile places, so that, as you stated, others might be able to enjoy them too. And I doubt that many vandals log on here, to be able to obtain, much less heed your somber warning. Indeed you do have every right to protect your valuable property, but you DO NOT have the right to take the law into your own hands,if that's what you were implying. Should you choose this avenue, you could become a "guest" of the State of California. Also, you probably should know that vandals, etc., use "No Trespassing" signs for target practice, so these likely will not be a great deterrence in your efforts to secure your property. Woe is me, then just what is a person to do, you ask? I personally would invest in a cell phone, or other communication device, and report any and all criminal misdeeds, no matter whose property it was, to law enforcement. With any luck, the perpetrators may be caught in the act, and sentenced accordingly. Good luck with your June "assement" work.

: bad bob.

Ghosttowns.com
05-19-1999, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Rob

: Gerald, I don't know what rock you crawled out from underneath of, but your comments are way out of line. You obviously are new to this site and don't know what we are all about. We are people who are interested in exploring and preserving ghost towns. In fact, a few of us recently met for a rally at Cerro Gordo where we discussed at length how to preserve what is left of ghost towns. We have no intention of vandalizing Beveridge or any other place else we visit.

: We certainly wouldnt undertake the grueling hike to beveridge just so we could vandalize it.

: Rob

: : I've Noticed several posting mentioning a mining claim of mine called Beveridge in the Inyo mtn range. Five years ago I filed claim to all mineral rights and property of said claim. Any remove objects of any sorts will be a criminal act !!! I will most likely be doing my yearly assement work the first part of June at my Claim and anybody found removing or disturbing of any objects I will deal with in my own maner if the situation calls for it!!! I'm not trying to make this posting sound nasty but theres been a lot of uncalled vandalisom done to the claim the last few years. I haven't posted No tresspassing sighn and really don't want to !! But these Vandles have got to be stopped !! Again remember any removeable of any object is just the same as if I was to come into your house and remove some valuable object of yours !!!!PLEASE leave things so others can enjoy to!!! Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
05-20-1999, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Gerald

:

: To start off with Bob, I will agree with you on one note. "I do have a right to protect my property!" The notion that the use of a cell phone would enable me to see

: In rebuttal to Bob and Rob: ref: Beveridge; that the vandals that have removed items and destroyed things at my claim would be apprended by law enforcement is ludicrous. Seeing that it is about a 12 hour hike in and the local law isn't always readily available to call on. There are several ways in and out of the claim. It seems a little implausible to me that the local law enforcement would send out the troops and have all escape routes covered when I call from my cell phone and report that vandalism and theft is occurring. But as a property owner a can avail myself to the right to make a "CITIZENS ARREST".

: In reference to 'Resident of California' , I'm fully aware of California Statues regarding rights to protect property. Being employed as an Officer of the Court, I'm required to know the statues regarding property and citizens arrest.

: Bob, you also stated that, 'Not very many vandals log onto the site (WWW.ghosttowns.com), but I will relay to you what I know from my friend, which is and has been a resident of Keeler for many years, and what he told me. I had told him that I was having problems with vandals when he starting telling me that he had recently spoke to an individual who told him that he had been at Beveridge and taken articles from there. My friend asked him how he had come know about Beveridge and its whereabouts and that he answered that he found out about it from WWW.ghosttowns.com. There in where the problem lies. Beveridge is not a secret but, at the same time my claim is not going to be a simple target for vandals. The hope that everyone can come and enjoy the site is idealistic but, certainly in my case not true in the real world. Now to "Mr. Don't know what rock you crawled out of " Vandalism is not the only thing that has been going on up at the claim I also mention removing of objects. I don't want this to turn into somekind of shouting match but into a little more understanding ! I will stick by my first statement that I'll use what ever means available to protect my property. I don't mind people coming up and enjoying the claim I just want them to respect it ! Maybe your site or club if thats what it is otta do what all caving clubs do and thats keep all locations of wild caves in their area a secret until joining their club for a while and get to know you and teach proper cave etiquette. Sorry if I offended anyone in your group but I just wanted to get my message across the simplest way possible at the time. Once again come on up and take a look but bring a lot of water as you mention It's a grueling hike.

: Thanx, Gerald: Gerald, I don't know what rock you crawled out from underneath of, but your comments are way out of line. You obviously are new to this site and don't know what we are all about. We are people who are interested in exploring and preserving ghost towns. In fact, a few of us recently met for a rally at Cerro Gordo where we discussed at length how to preserve what is left of ghost towns. We have no intention of vandalizing Beveridge or any other place else we visit.

: : We certainly wouldnt undertake the grueling hike to beveridge just so we could vandalize it.

: : Rob

: : : I've Noticed several posting mentioning a mining claim of mine called Beveridge in the Inyo mtn range. Five years ago I filed claim to all mineral rights and property of said claim. Any remove objects of any sorts will be a criminal act !!! I will most likely be doing my yearly assement work the first part of June at my Claim and anybody found removing or disturbing of any objects I will deal with in my own maner if the situation calls for it!!! I'm not trying to make this posting sound nasty but theres been a lot of uncalled vandalisom done to the claim the last few years. I haven't posted No tresspassing sighn and really don't want to !! But these Vandles have got to be stopped !! Again remember any removeable of any object is just the same as if I was to come into your house and remove some valuable object of yours !!!!PLEASE leave things so others can enjoy to!!! Thanks

Ghosttowns.com
05-20-1999, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by al the desert bum

: Gerry, it sounds like you need to get a life. Why not builed a 12 foot fence around you property; complete with barbed wire. Maybe you could even hook up a video camera or two and you could station yourself at a monitor and track all these people you are trying to scare off. Having an interest in old sites; why dont you try and appreciate, trust and acknowledge the honest intentions of others to merely view and walk away. Your reaction to these people is absurd.

Ghosttowns.com
05-20-1999, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by al the desert bum

: Gerry, it sounds like you need to get a life. Why not builed a 12 foot fence around you property; complete with barbed wire. Maybe you could even hook up a video camera or two and you could station yourself at a monitor and track all these people you are trying to scare off. Having an interest in old sites; why dont you try and appreciate, trust and acknowledge the honest intentions of others to merely view and walk away. Your reaction to these people is absurd.

Ghosttowns.com
05-20-1999, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Rob

: Gerald, relax and take a deep breath!! You are barking up the wrong tree here. We are not telling you not to protect your "claim". You are starting to sound like some kind of shotgun wielding nut!! BTW, we are not planning our hike in June when you will be there, and it sounds like we will have to plan our trip date by emailing each other so we don't run into you there. I repeat, we are not about vandalizing and stealing from sites. And, I spefically recall one of our regular posters asking the guy who runs the Starbucks Hiking web site, to remove the specific directions to Beveridge he had posted on his site, so as to make it only accesible to serious enthusiasts who would have to research out a route. I doubt most vandals would go through that much trouble. The directions to Beveridge have never been posted on this site, so dont blame us for some idiot vandal!!!

: :

: : To start off with Bob, I will agree with you on one note. "I do have a right to protect my property!" The notion that the use of a cell phone would enable me to see

: : In rebuttal to Bob and Rob: ref: Beveridge; that the vandals that have removed items and destroyed things at my claim would be apprended by law enforcement is ludicrous. Seeing that it is about a 12 hour hike in and the local law isn't always readily available to call on. There are several ways in and out of the claim. It seems a little implausible to me that the local law enforcement would send out the troops and have all escape routes covered when I call from my cell phone and report that vandalism and theft is occurring. But as a property owner a can avail myself to the right to make a "CITIZENS ARREST".

: : In reference to 'Resident of California' , I'm fully aware of California Statues regarding rights to protect property. Being employed as an Officer of the Court, I'm required to know the statues regarding property and citizens arrest.

: : Bob, you also stated that, 'Not very many vandals log onto the site (WWW.ghosttowns.com), but I will relay to you what I know from my friend, which is and has been a resident of Keeler for many years, and what he told me. I had told him that I was having problems with vandals when he starting telling me that he had recently spoke to an individual who told him that he had been at Beveridge and taken articles from there. My friend asked him how he had come know about Beveridge and its whereabouts and that he answered that he found out about it from WWW.ghosttowns.com. There in where the problem lies. Beveridge is not a secret but, at the same time my claim is not going to be a simple target for vandals. The hope that everyone can come and enjoy the site is idealistic but, certainly in my case not true in the real world. Now to "Mr. Don't know what rock you crawled out of " Vandalism is not the only thing that has been going on up at the claim I also mention removing of objects. I don't want this to turn into somekind of shouting match but into a little more understanding ! I will stick by my first statement that I'll use what ever means available to protect my property. I don't mind people coming up and enjoying the claim I just want them to respect it ! Maybe your site or club if thats what it is otta do what all caving clubs do and thats keep all locations of wild caves in their area a secret until joining their club for a while and get to know you and teach proper cave etiquette. Sorry if I offended anyone in your group but I just wanted to get my message across the simplest way possible at the time. Once again come on up and take a look but bring a lot of water as you mention It's a grueling hike.

: : Thanx, Gerald: Gerald, I don't know what rock you crawled out from underneath of, but your comments are way out of line. You obviously are new to this site and don't know what we are all about. We are people who are interested in exploring and preserving ghost towns. In fact, a few of us recently met for a rally at Cerro Gordo where we discussed at length how to preserve what is left of ghost towns. We have no intention of vandalizing Beveridge or any other place else we visit.

: : : We certainly wouldnt undertake the grueling hike to beveridge just so we could vandalize it.

: : : Rob

: : : : I've Noticed several posting mentioning a mining claim of mine called Beveridge in the Inyo mtn range. Five years ago I filed claim to all mineral rights and property of said claim. Any remove objects of any sorts will be a criminal act !!! I will most likely be doing my yearly assement work the first part of June at my Claim and anybody found removing or disturbing of any objects I will deal with in my own maner if the situation calls for it!!! I'm not trying to make this posting sound nasty but theres been a lot of uncalled vandalisom done to the claim the last few years. I haven't posted No tresspassing sighn and really don't want to !! But these Vandles have got to be stopped !! Again remember any removeable of any object is just the same as if I was to come into your house and remove some valuable object of yours !!!!PLEASE leave things so others can enjoy to!!! Thanks