PDA

View Full Version : Total Wreck, Arizona

Ghosttowns.com
05-24-1999, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Angie and John

: Hi y'all! We've been searching the internet looking for info on Total Wreck, AZ, but we're not finding much. Anyone got any suggestions on where to look? Looking for facts about the town, photos possible, and some fairly clear directions ( we've tried severval times now and still haven't had any luck finding the site).

Ghosttowns.com
05-25-1999, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Tom

: : Hi y'all! We've been searching the internet looking for info on Total Wreck, AZ, but we're not finding much. Anyone got any suggestions on where to look? Looking for facts about the town, photos possible, and some fairly clear directions ( we've tried severval times now and still haven't had any luck finding the site).

: Angie and Don,

: Well, the site you posted your inquiry in has sections on both Copper Hill and Total Wreck. Did you already check these? The photos were Submitted by me.

: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/totalwreck.html

: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/coppercreek.html

: About Total Wreck; I went there with two friends back in 1986. The road was very bad and it took time to travel there. What remained of the site >made us come to the conclusion that it was really not worth the rough trip. It is located in the Empire Mountains which are east from the Highway going to Sonoita, Arizona. This goes south from Interstate 10 east of Tucson. There is a gate to the road in along a fence following I-10, but don't remember the exact location and there is another way in from the south coming from the Sonoita area, but I am not familiar with this route.

: Copper Creek is east of Mammoth on a dirt road that is good up until it goes up into the hills where it is rougher. To get to the ruins in my pictures you have to stop and hike just a short distance as the road dimishes if my memory is correct. There is another way in but again it is one that I am not familiar with.

: Tom McCurnin