PDA

View Full Version : Schellbourne, Nevada

Ghosttowns.com
06-18-1999, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Ellis Feaster

: I noticed Schellbourne Nev. is on a private ranch. Does anyone know how to contact the owner for access, and how receptive they are to visitors? Can you see any of the town from public roads?

: Ellis B

Ghosttowns.com
06-22-1999, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Butcher

: : If I remember right Lymen owns that Ranch and is very Friendly. He use to own Shelborn the little store and Motel that is located not far from the site you mention. The whole area in that region is very interesting ! I my self know of at least seven ghost towns in that area that are not mention at this site. I've been going up to that area now for over 14 years and still finding new sites. One person you could get a hold of is John that runs the Cherry Creek Saloon there in Cherry Creek. Another very interesting town site. If you e-mail me I'll give you his phone Number. One thing is some of these sites out that way require a 4x4. If you do decide to head out that way be sure to check out the Hunnymooners cabin a very interesting story behind it. Love the area almost never want to leave every time I go up to that part of the country !! One of these time I would love to spend a month or two just exploring. Be prepared to be stepping back about 100 years in this part of the country ! It's nothing to see people sitting at the Bar their at shelbourn with a houlster and a Big Iron strapped on there hip me being one of them at times.

: Butcher

Ghosttowns.com
07-14-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Jeanne Nations

: Can you tell me more about Schellbourne we are thinking of buying property there the old Robbins Ranch do you know anything about this place? Thanks Jeanne Nations