PDA

View Full Version : Rhyolite in a music video!?

Ghosttowns.com
06-25-1999, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: I was flipping channels the other day and stopped on MTV (Ripley 2nd favorite station) and saw an Allanis Morisette video that looked like it was filmed inside the old bank at Rhyolite. Can anyone confirm this?

Ghosttowns.com
06-25-1999, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Rob

:

: : I was flipping channels the other day and stopped on MTV (Ripley 2nd favorite station) and saw an Allanis Morisette video that looked like it was filmed inside the old bank at Rhyolite. Can anyone confirm this?

: Cat, I have seen that video myself, and I am almost positive it was filmed in Rhyolite.

: BTW, I have some U2 posters from 1987 that were shot with the band In posing in Bodie.

Ghosttowns.com
06-25-1999, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Rob

:

: : I was flipping channels the other day and stopped on MTV (Ripley 2nd favorite station) and saw an Allanis Morisette video that looked like it was filmed inside the old bank at Rhyolite. Can anyone confirm this?

: Cat, I have seen that video also, and I am convinced it was filmed in Rhyolite.

: BTW, I have some U2 posters from 1987 that show the band posing in none other than Bodie.

Ghosttowns.com
06-25-1999, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Rob

:

: Cat, I have seen that video, and I am convinced it was filmed in Rhyolite.

: BTW, I have U2 posters from 1987 that were made with the band posing in none other than Bodie.

Ghosttowns.com
06-29-1999, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ellis B Feaster

: I think the video was "You Oughta Know" from 1995. I've seen the video a few times and I think the big building is the Cook Bank Building from Rhyolite. From my last visit, I remember inside the building, on the wall, towards the front of the building, between the first & second floor, there was a long piece of wood in the brick & mortar with a little bit of old cloth hanging from it, and I saw it in the video.

: Ellis B

Eric Mayer
08-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I figured I would top this thread, as my wife and I happened to see this video on MTV2 this evening. It most definitely is Rhyolite. You can see the building's in the background towards the end of the video when she steps out of the bank building.

Kind of good they didn't mess with anything, like the crew who blew up a building while they were filming... :(

Eric A. Mayer :cool:

Vostok 7
08-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Was Rhyolite the ruins that the escapees went to in the movie The Island?

Sure looks similar.

- Patrick

old judge
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Check IMBd for the the Movie "The Island". A check of filming locations will reveal that it was, in fact, filmed partly in Rhyolite. OJ