PDA

View Full Version : Colorado and Wyoming ghost towns

Ghosttowns.com
05-09-1998, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Peter

: I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. Also interested in Wyoming sites. 2WD and 4WD site information would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
05-10-1998, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Barry

: If you are planning any trips around CO, I'd like to follow to see whats out there...

: Thanks,
: Barry

:
: : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. Also interested in Wyoming sites. 2WD and 4WD site information would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
05-20-1998, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Gary Erlandson

: Ther are some great ghost towns in bolth states and offer a lot of good history. South Pass City
: Fort Stanbar are just a few that I can think of off the toop of my head. There are more than ten down around Duango CO one of withch I am going to over the long weekend at the end of may.
: : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. Also interested in Wyoming sites. 2WD and 4WD site information would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Roger Rau

:

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 07:01 PM

: : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. My next site is Teller City if anyone has any info on this town. Your info would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 07:01 PM

: : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. My next site is Teller City if anyone has any info on this town. Your info would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 07:15 PM

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 07:15 PM

:

Ghosttowns.com
07-12-1998, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve Veit

: : How difficult is it to find the ghost towns around South Pass City such as
: Miners Delight, the Duncan, or Lewiston? Are there any you could recommend
: in Wyoming?

Ghosttowns.com
07-16-1998, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Rush

:
: : : Will be in Central City area in August. Looking for article material on ghost towns/mines and stories or history.. RSVP ASAP

Ghosttowns.com
07-16-1998, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by G. Dennis Parker

: :
: : : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. Also interested in Wyoming sites. 2WD and 4WD site information would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
: we are coming out to Colorado and Wyoming the 2
: of October 1998. We will be in a Jeep 4WD and would
: like to see some ghost town on the west slopes
: of the rockies from Colorado
: Springs to Yellowstone.

: If can help please send a 'e'mail

: gdpjkp@kcnet.com

Ghosttowns.com
07-18-1998, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by HEATHER

:

Ghosttowns.com
08-03-1998, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Tim Coughlin

: : : I am interested in ghost towns in Colorado and Wyoming. Have explored many towns in Colorado and still interested in learning of more sites in this state. Also interested in Wyoming sites. 2WD and 4WD site information would be welcomed and appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Ghosttowns.com
08-17-1998, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Joseph Michaels

:

Ghosttowns.com
09-24-1998, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Kurt Swenson

: If you find out pease e-mail me too! I am going to colorado in two weeks to explore ghost towns. Since you know of some in Colorado, mabey you could share some info. I know there are sveral books out on the topic including, "Guide to Colorado ghost towns", "Colorado ghost towns and mines", "Ghost town atlas", and some 4*4 ghost town guide. Please let me know what you do.
: Thank you,

: Kurt
: Fellow explorer, interest in the past, and the great outdoors

Ghosttowns.com
10-18-1998, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by John

:

Ghosttowns.com
10-19-1998, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by kathy sharp

:
: : : : Will be in Central City area in August. Looking for article material on ghost towns/mines and stories or history.. RSVP ASAP

Ghosttowns.com
11-02-1998, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by mark clayton

: : If you find out please e-mail me too! I am going to colorado in two weeks to explore ghost towns. Since you know of some in Colorado, mabey you could share some info. I know there are sveral books out on the topic including, "Guide to Colorado ghost towns", "Colorado ghost towns and mines", "Ghost town atlas", and some 4*4 ghost town guide. Please let me know what you do.
: : Thank you,

: : Kurt
: : Fellow explorer, interest in the past, and the great outdoors

Ghosttowns.com
11-02-1998, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by marg

Ghosttowns.com
01-01-1999, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by philip connor

: dear sir. have you ever heard of a town called
: "Billy the Kid" or similar in Wyoming I am researching an article

: thank you philcon

Ghosttowns.com
05-16-1999, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by I am looking for ghost towns near Denver

Ghosttowns.com
07-20-1999, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Bill Nelson

: : Dear Sir: I remember that on July 3rd or 4th 1958 movie star Judy Tyler and her husband were killed in a head on collision in Billy the Kid Wyoming while traveling from California to New York. However, Billy the Kid Wyoming in not on any of today's maps. I would surmise that the town waslocated on a main east west interstate at that time.

: Bvnsam

Ghosttowns.com
07-02-2000, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Iva

: : I am going to Jackson Hole, WY and then to Denver. Lvg July 19, 2000, returning July 30 to Florida Am very interested in ghost towns with potential of finding treasure. Is that possible?

: Do we need to concentrate of sites accessible only by 4 wheel drive or are there possibilities on easy to get to places. What equipment do we need?

: I'm seriously interested. Please email me ivacpa@gte.net.

: Thanks,

Ryan Hill
05-14-2004, 11:30 AM
The Duncan mine at South Pass City is on private property. Access is NOT permitted. However, there are many old and beautiful buildings to see in town.

Miner's Delight, aka Hamilton City is also on private property but access is permitted on the grounds that you respect ALL laws concerning the protection and preservation of Ghost Towns.

The two sites above are simple to find, as they are both located/signposted off the highway headed south from Lander towards Eden and Farson. Whilst in the area one may care to visit Atlantic City. It's pretty cool there.

Lewiston is slightly more challening to reach as it isn't signposted like the aforementioned sites are. Check around the net for clues.

You cannot 'treasure hunt' at Ghost Towns. This is against the law.

:D