PDA

View Full Version : dudlytown conn.

Ghosttowns.com
08-11-1999, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by troy melvin

: I am looking for info. on dudly town conn. I have not been able to find out to much about it. I know where it is, and I have heard some storys. but what puzzles me is that I asked the locals around there where the path was, and nobody wanted me to know. so, that is what got me looking for more info.

Ghosttowns.com
08-13-1999, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer Furey

: Dudleytown is supposedly a ghost town with real ghosts. Interest in it is up because of the whole Blair Witch movie hype in somewhat nearby Maryland.

: The page below has more links to info about Dudleytown.

: http://www.paranormalatoz.com/dudleytown.html

Ghosttowns.com
11-09-2000, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Allison and Jenna

: Just writing to tell you that we are heading out to dudley town tomarrow night(Nov. 10)wish us good ghost hunting and if we dont respond that means we never made it out....later

Ghosttowns.com
11-12-2000, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Did you make it?

:

: : Just writing to tell you that we are heading out to dudley town tomarrow night(Nov. 10)wish us good ghost hunting and if we dont respond that means we never made it out....later

Ghosttowns.com
03-31-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Jrad

: Hey anyone know if dudley town is open to the public yet? ADios

:

: jared

Ghosttowns.com
04-01-2001, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rev Gary Dudley

: Dudleytown will remain closed indefinately due to vandalism. Although many folks, including Paranormal Societies and Web sites (like mine) have repeatedly BEGGED people to stay away, most do not. For that reason the DEF has closed it permanently.

Ghosttowns.com
05-03-2001, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Summer

: Hi, I don't know of any links, but I have been there myself. My friends say they have seen ghosts there. A lady dressed in white that followed them through the woods. It's just a pshyce-yourself-out kind of place. When I was there, it was just like any other ordinary wooded area. There were a couple of cool spots to chill. There is a little creek there that supposedly they residents of dudlytown built. It is pretty cool. And if you look, you can see a few foundations still remain.

Ghosttowns.com
10-18-2001, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Daisy

: I know where it is and I have been there. I f you e-mail me we can talk. Me and a large group of friends went there this time last year. very spooky experiance. like i said e-mail me, this is not a lie, i really know where it is, my boyfriends mother used to live right near it, and used to camp there as a girl scout. e-mail dazie@mailcity.com

Ghosttowns.com
04-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by mercedes'

: my friend did a speech on Dudlytown connecticut.. they don't want u to know where it is cuz it's haunted/cursed. and if u go there you'll be arrested!!!
: And there have been mysterious deaths and stuff happened there. It's also closed!

Ghosttowns.com
05-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Joe Henderson

: ive been looking into dudly town for some while now i have been planning a trip there theres a whole story behind dudly town but to much to write here and now. Dont count on the towns people to help u if anything be very carful they dont want people to go there and they will do just about anything to stop them. If u are intrested in going back and finding dudly town with me write me a email. i plan to go there with some people relativly soon

Ghosttowns.com
07-06-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Hank

: we are trying to find Dudleytown and we kind of know where it is but not exactly? We were wondering if anybody could help us find the exact location and how to get there???I,myself, have been looking for it for about 5 yearsand I woulkd really like to be able to see it!!!Hopefully someone can help us??!!
: thank you for your help.
: Hank

Ghosttowns.com
08-19-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Marissa

: I am not sure if you will even read this as I see you posted your message some time ago but what the hey:

: If you really want to go to Dudleytown you must realize that you are doing it at your own risk. I myself have been to the entrance, but never went in, because it's illegal to do so now. Dudleytown is provate property owned by the Dark Entry Forest Inc. and they patrol the area for strangers pretty well from what I understand. If caught up there you will be fined $77.00 for simple trespass and if you have any sort of weapons on you (as many bring for some reason, as if a knife would protect you from a ghost) then you can be charged with must worse.

: With that said, if you really still want to go it is actually very simple to find. You are going to take Route #7 North (unless you live north of Cornwall and then I am not sure how to get there) all the way into Cornwall, CT (you'll go through New Milford and Kent first) and shortly after you enter Cornwall there will be a sort of intersection where you will make a right onto Rt. 45 (there will be a white road sign for the route). As I said make the right and head up Rt. 45 and the entrance to Dudleytown that is located on Bald Mountain Road is about 1/4 a mile up on your left. You go all the way to the end of the road and there will be a while bunch of NO Parking NO Tresspassing signs in front of the entrance. There is another entrance to it on Dark Entry Road also (with the same Keep Out signs BTW), but I am not sure where although I believe it is just up the road somewhere.

: Again let me inform you that it's at your own risk and the residents of Cornwall hate people who come into their town looking for Dudleytown and they are always on the lookout for unfamiliar cars, in which they will immediately call the police. There is another way in but that is also a bit of a physical project, because you have to climb up a good part of a mountain to get in from this way. So unless you are up for a relatively difficult hike then it's either the main entrances and take your chances with the locals and the cops or not going at all.

: Good Luck

Ghosttowns.com
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by none of your buisness

: i know

Ghosttowns.com
09-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ken miller

: : i know how to get there in in the town of cornwall off of route seven u have to take a right or a left on bald moutain rd. follow the road alll the way up and proceed though the trail about to hundred yards up the trail the worst begins
: happy travels
: kenndogg

Ghosttowns.com
11-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by amanda

: I know exactly how to get there... IF you are on route 8 CT...get off exit 44 towards downtown Torrington, Then take a left onto CT-4, which is E. Elm Street, Follow that road for about 12 miles, and the turn left onto Cemetary Hill Rd, which is still CT-4. ABout 5 miles later take a slight left onto Kent Rd, Then you are gonna take a slight left onto CT-45, Warren Hill Rd. Shortly after, take a left onto Bald Mountain Rd, its kinda hard to distinguish as a road, and theres a dead end sign, but turn up there and go all the way to the end. Be careful though there is some major deer-crossing. I got my directions from mapquest.com and went last night for the first time. It was pretty awesome, even though I didnt make it into the actual village. Make sure you keep your eyes on the sky for lights!!! they are awesome. Im actually looking for people who are serious about making a trip there and arent gonna hide in the car the whole time scared like my friends did. I want to hike to the grounds where the town once was!

:
:

:
:
:

Ghosttowns.com
11-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Jen

: This is for Hank, I guess he's been trying to find dudley town for a while, I can't help him, I have no Idea where it is. However, I do know that you can't get in, the cops will bust you in the matter of seconds. It sucks I know, I would love to go there again!

: Snoogans=) Jen

LostSiren
01-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Hank

: we are trying to find Dudleytown and we kind of know where it is but not exactly? We were wondering if anybody could help us find the exact location and how to get there???I,myself, have been looking for it for about 5 yearsand I woulkd really like to be able to see it!!!Hopefully someone can help us??!!
: thank you for your help.
: Hank
Hi Hank,

Are you still trying to locate Dudleytown? If so, please email me and I'll tell you exactly how to get to it.

Trish

slimer
02-12-2004, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=Ghosttowns.com]Originally posted by Marissa

;Dudleytown is provate property owned by the Dark Entry Forest Inc. and they
; patrol the area for strangers pretty well from what I understand. If caught up
;there you will be fined $77.00 for simple trespass and if you have any sort of
;weapons on you (as many bring for some reason, as if a knife would protect
;you from a ghost) then you can be charged with must worse.

Really, when did this happen? I was there in 1996 and metal detected for 2 days without a problem. Lots of others there to doing the same.

Since when does a private company get the authority to issue tickets and enforce their collection? Something does not sound right here.

Some company did purchase land there, but only a small part of Dudley town was included in their purchase. That area was well posted at my visit in 1996.

I heard rumors about the locals there creating an Association and patroling the area stating they had some authorty. All that came about in 92 when some guy metal detecting found 5 grand in gold coins in a cellar hole wall. That caused an influx of treasure seekers over running their small town.

If it ain't a uniformed officer, tell'em to get one or buzz-off.

Pete

greenlion72
05-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi- I'm new here, but a long time watcher of paranormal media. I came looking for info on Dudleytown Ct for my husband who has been interested since he heard Ed and Lorraine Warren mention it a few years ago. I was wondering, does anyone out there have any pictures or experiences they'd be willing to share with him? Since the area is off-limits, I don't think he'll get any closer than that! Many thanks in advance. Please email and let me know- put Dudleytown in the subject so I don't accidentally delete!

Regarding new Hampshire, we currently live in Manchester, and would be interested in finding hot spots in the state. I have heard about the Margarita's Restaurant in Concord, and we plan to go there next month, but can anyone give me information about either Margarita's, or other New Hampshire areas of interest? Again, many thanks!

Becky

budisi
07-28-2004, 12:01 AM
I had read your posting, and thought I could let you know a few things about Dudleytown that will hopefully broaden your perspective beyond the historical aspect of the site.
To begin, it is very easy to explore the town, so long as it is daylight and yo park at the bottom of the road which leads up to the entrance to the town. Dudleytown is perfect to visist during the summer if it is something that you really feel the need to do. In the fall is the time when the kids around the surrounding areas are drawn into its allure with the halloween season and all.
Before my visit I had an idea of how to navigate the woods, but to be sure I went to a site online and printed out a "blueprint" of the town for easy traveling. When you enter it appears pretty simple to travel in the woods due to the matted down grass path which runs through the middle of the town. From their it is a matter of how much you can take.
Now , I am open minded but it does take alot for me to acknowldge something beyond reality as we know it. I will give you a breif summary of my last trip in.
Considering how dark the forest is flashlights are neccessary, so me and 3 other friends had brought flashlights with enough batteries for at least 2 days of solid use. We had entered later than expected (around 6) but were confident that the flashlights would be sufficient in case we faced night. We had walked the 1/2 mile in to where the town begins, and then headed south, off the path, to look at foundations and various structures. It was dead silent , yet we had seen animals thoughout the day. The longer we stayed in their, the feelings that are filling your body are the worst and most original I had ever felt, as if the life was being sucked right out of you. At one point it had come to our attention that nobody had spoken a word for over an hour. When we "snapped" out of it we knew we should leave soon. At that same point in time when we loaded up our flashlights and got back on the trail back, we realized we would not be out of their before dark. As we walked back we saw about 15 different animals(deer, squirels, rabbits) all sprinting, almost simutaneuosly out of the town the same direction we were. We paused to acknowledge how odd that was , then we decided to pick up the pace. We began a light jog, and before we knew it one after another our flashlights went out. We didnt want to think anything but rational reasons for it so we place new batteries in them all and began to run. Then they go out again. At this point we have about 25 -30 untill complete darkness and not trail to follow, yet we are still about 15 minutes away from the entrance. We ran without light , consistently triping and falling, and as God as my witness had the overwhelming feeling more so than any in my life that we were being chased, and watched even though nobody was in their but us. To wrap this up, we made it out eventually, and drove home never to be the same agian. Post Dudleytown, years later I have had the most intense nightmares of my life about that place, but in them their are people filling the woods , and they screaming insanly, and almost taunt me that I can never leave. Now here is the kicker, every single person who went in with me, has had almost identical nightmare on an almost regular basis, not to mention the relapse of that same feeling we had when we were in there.
I know this was elaborate but I have felt the need to go back, yet it terrifies me. This is the only time I have ever told this story in its entirety, mostly out of avoidence, but I feel it is imperative to let you know this place is bad, truly bad. From an outside perspective, getting in may seem to be the hardest, but in actuality, (on more than one level) getting out is extremely more trying.

Kyle
02-19-2005, 09:13 PM
I've read somewhere that there were some movies made based on Dudleytown. Does anyone know what movies?

swanny8185
04-05-2005, 06:29 PM
I have been to dudleytown a few times and it was a real experience, i must forwarn everyone that if u do decide to make the trip it is at your own risk!!!!
The first time i went up there I made it to what is left of the town. when i got back to my car the brake lines were cut. ive been chased by the indians that reside there and a few other weird experiences. the best way i can tell u to get there (which i a really nice ride on a good day), is to take I-84 to exit 17 and proceed to follow rt63 north all the way up past Litchfield. when u come to the junction for Rt4, take a left onto Rt4 and follow that into the town of Cornwall Bridge. At the junction of Rt4 and Rt7 in cornwall bridge, there is a dead end road on the left. This road is across from the grassy area at the junction. If coming down Rt4 from Rt63, Rt 4 will bear right and Rt7 goes straight. Instead of bearing right on Rt4, right there on the left is the road to dudleytown. u go up to the top and and the end of the road there are 2 paths, take the one to the left and that will bring u to the ruins of dudleytown.
Again I must forwarn everyone that going up there is not only illegal but dangerous. please e-mail me if u have anymore questions or want to know about what I experienced

-Dave

sinister
05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
ive been to dudley town in cornwall, ct on two occasions, but came short both times. i used dk entry rd and bald mntn road but couldnt follow through because of the ppl who live there. i want to take a new approach through the mohawk trail which is like a 1.5 mile hike. however im not very sure what road leads to the trail. if any one has any info, id greatly appreciate it.

Sundance
06-18-2005, 04:50 PM
I've heard that Dudleytown is now on Private Property.

old judge
06-19-2005, 01:09 PM
No question about it. Lots of info on Dudleytown on this and other internet sites. It is clearly on private property, and unarranged visits are not welcomed. OJ

sinister
07-15-2005, 08:23 PM
i managed to make another trip up there and i do understand that the actual remains are on pricate property but the blue blazed mohawk trail is open to the public and it passes right along dudleytown. in fact it goes straight up dk. entry road. we even ran into 2 groups of poeple on the trail, a group of 3 men, and an elderly couple. the elderly couple applauded our efforts and the fact that we camp out in near freezin weather and offered us a ride back to our car. however, unfortunately nothing interestin happened, as far as supernatural thiungs are concerened. i did catch 2 wood frogs, a pickerel frog and 2 orange spotted newts.

old judge
07-16-2005, 08:23 AM
Right on Pilgrim. I assume you let them critters go, or else ate 'em cause they're part of your normal diet. If not, I can hardly applaud these brave efforts. OJ

petrakujo
07-16-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't know if your goal is to look for the weird or for the interesting. However, if you really want to have an interesting encounter in Dudley Town it will most probably be with the POLICE. It is private property and the owners will prosecute. On average 70-80 people get arrested for trespassing, illegal parking, etc. every year. Just thought I'd mention it.
PKJ

sinister
07-23-2005, 08:03 PM
ive been to dudleytown b/c it is supposedly one of the sppokiest places around my area... as far as police are concerned, i think that may hav been true around the year 2000, immediately after the fire and such but not recently. The tackle shop below is very welcoming and talks freely about dudleytown and most people make a big fuss about the pricate property. The trail is OPEN to the public. and the trail is literaly seconds away from the ruins. signs are posted saying u should stay on the trail but who's is goin to know u wandered off. the trail is always visible to u and u would hear anyone coming with enough time to get back on. besides u would have to step off the trail if u had to relieve urself. anyhow, i would hope someone who has been there recently could back me up, because i feel most r too caught up in the private property idea.

sinister
07-23-2005, 08:06 PM
although i do admit the parking restrictions r strict, u can either park at entrance of the mohawk trail legally but its a long hike or give the tackle shop 20 bucks to leave ur car overnight.

Flatiron
07-24-2005, 04:11 AM
Twenty bucks to leave your car overnight! Now that's spooky!

hob
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, I have had a very hard time finding information about haunted sites in NH beyond the well-known Ocean Borne Mary House and America's Stonehenge. However, one location that I remember from childhood as being particulary vile can be found in Epping, NH, not far from Manchester. The place is called Harvey Hill (possibly Hardy), and the farmhouses surrounding it have a strange and bloody history. Can't tell you much more, sadly, but go to Harvey Hill at sunset, take some photos, and you'll get the idea. Maybe some of the local residents can fill you in. Good luck.

hob
07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh, and another thing. I used to work at Henry David's, which was a restaurant on the site of what is now Margarita's. Never saw or heard anything unusual, but the owner sure was crazy!

gravster22
08-10-2005, 05:10 PM
hi.. i used to live in manchester. my friends and i used to visit vale end cemetery in wilton, nh, pine hill cemetery aka blood cemetery in hollis, nh, and gilson rd cemetery in nashua, nh. we got some swirling mist photos in gilson, and orbs in all three. i myself have seen stuff at pine hill and vale. vale is very dark, and very creepy. we even had a truck pull into the entrance then disappear! pine hill has been our favorite, we had gone often, sometimes you will be greeted by other teens though.

freefall
08-24-2005, 05:58 AM
Hi, new to this site. Have great expectations and info to share. Where exactly is Dudleytown? Dying to go there (nopun intended) but can't seem to find direstions.
Also looking for hot spots in southern New Hampshire. Thanks

erika2610
09-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't know if you've been yet, but if you haven't, here's some info. Be CAREFUL. Now, the first time I went, everything was ok. We got lost though.. it's very easy to get lost. We just walked through the woods for the whole day.. just lost :) Anyways, I went back a couple of years later,. much different. The first time we went, we didn't have any trouble getting in. But the last time, my lord. We parked a couple miles away from the entrance, seeing as the locals are VERY protective. We walked up I think it was like Bald Eagle mountain.. a very steep street. The locals drove us away. Did anything they could.. followed us in there cars, siked dogs on us, anything. They harrassed us, and we couldn't get in. It's private property now. There's only one way to get in, and I'm not sure how. The police only let hikers in now. That's because in the past, people have gone their to party, hold rituals, etc.

old judge
09-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Does the term, or do the words, "Private Property" ring any bells. OJ

podunklander
10-28-2005, 01:58 AM
Earlier this summer some friends and I talked about going. Did you see anything up there? i.e., ruins

I don't know if you've been yet, but if you haven't, here's some info. Be CAREFUL. Now, the first time I went, everything was ok. We got lost though.. it's very easy to get lost. We just walked through the woods for the whole day.. just lost :) Anyways, I went back a couple of years later,. much different. The first time we went, we didn't have any trouble getting in. But the last time, my lord. We parked a couple miles away from the entrance, seeing as the locals are VERY protective. We walked up I think it was like Bald Eagle mountain.. a very steep street. The locals drove us away. Did anything they could.. followed us in there cars, siked dogs on us, anything. They harrassed us, and we couldn't get in. It's private property now. There's only one way to get in, and I'm not sure how. The police only let hikers in now. That's because in the past, people have gone their to party, hold rituals, etc.

Mark2269
12-17-2005, 01:09 PM
In reply to your message about Dudly town, I am a decendent of DR. Clarke who purtched it in early 1900. The reason the locals don't want you to know about it is due to it is private land and people in the past have left trash around defaceing the grounds. Now only members can go there. I have been to ghost myself and I yet to see anything.
Mark2269

krista-f
10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Dudley Town is located in Cornwall Ct.

old judge
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Thanks dear...Gonna rush right up there.

brettman
11-06-2006, 07:23 PM
i know its illegal to go to dudleytown but does anyone know how to get there tried looking and couldnt find it thnks for the help

brian10x
11-06-2006, 08:23 PM
i know its illegal to go to dudleytown but does anyone know how to get there tried looking and couldnt find it thnks for the help

Its a shame you didn't pay attention in school.

Try this instead:
I know its illegal to go to Dudleytown, but does anyone know how to get there? I am so tired looking. I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for the help.
You see, in my mind, its ok to do illegal things. I am a moron. Sad to say, the public education system is only partly responsible for this creeping malise of utter stupidification. I blame my parents, because, as we all know, there is no reason I need to take personal responsibility for my actions when society says I can blame my parents, teachers, or the kid in fourth grade that tried to bugger me in the little boy's room.
I am a product of today's modern society. Sad but true. Buy me a slurpee or I'll stomp on your cat. Its your fault.

thighjack
12-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I have been reading a lot of info on Dudleytown, and some of us are planning a trip....However, I acan't find any current info. Like, are the "cops" still active? Have the locals calmed down? The very best way, and most leagl way to get there?....If anyone can help, please let me know.

old judge
12-08-2006, 11:27 AM
You might E-mail Dave ******* c/o Dudleytown Detention Center. OJ:eek: :eek:

thighjack
12-09-2006, 08:24 AM
there is no such place as the Dudleytown Detention Center....Anyhow, we have found the 2 dead end roads that lead to Dudleytown, Someone mentioned that the Appalachian Trail runs right next to it. We know this is not true....We are just looking to find out the best way to get in...As well as the safest.

bad bob
12-09-2006, 01:01 PM
there is no such place as the Dudleytown Detention Center....Anyhow, we have found the 2 dead end roads that lead to Dudleytown, Someone mentioned that the Appalachian Trail runs right next to it. We know this is not true....We are just looking to find out the best way to get in...As well as the safest.

Highjack,
Actually the Detention Center IS there if you read between the lines. The C/O is Buford T Dumass, and he heads up the Department of Why Do You Want To Do Something Stupid & Possibly Get Arrested.
bb.

sin327
12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
hank , when are u planning this trip ? me and a few of my friends have been close to dudleytown but could never find it we are wanting to do some research up there .

Vdk
12-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Im planning on also going soon with a few of my friends. What are some things i should look for on the way there and how long should i be on the trail for. What paths should i take on the trip and any specific time frames i should look out for before i discover im lost and not anywere close to the town?

old judge
12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm Sorry... You can't be serious.. YOu must be using this site for fun, 'cause nobody, I mean nobody, could be that obtuse....OJ:eek:

sinister
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
this in reply to the post that the appalachian trail does not run next to d-town. it does in fact run next to it and the trail is commonly referred to as the blue blazed trail. if u r traveling north-west d-town would be to ur left after u cross the stream twice.

erika2610
03-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Earlier this summer some friends and I talked about going. Did you see anything up there? i.e., ruins

Wow! I had completely forgotten I had ever posted here. I don't even know if you're still around.. but did you ever go? I think we saw some ruins up there.. it was so long ago though. We saw some animal skulls I think too. Were you able to get in?

bad bob
03-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow! I had completely forgotten I had ever posted here. I don't even know if you're still around.. but did you ever go? I think we saw some ruins up there.. it was so long ago though. We saw some animal skulls I think too. Were you able to get in?

I was just there 2 weeks ago. The locals tackled me, tied my arms behind me and threw me into a dungeon-like room they called a ....dungeon. They left me there for 5 days and 3 nights. Finally, a little old lady in irons was put in with me. She never talked to me, so I started to doze off. Then I noticed a weird light. When I turned around, her whole body was glowing neon green, and then she disappeared upwards, with a loud "clink" sound when her irons hit the cement floor.

I hollered for the locals to let me out, and when they came, I told them the horrifying event. They said I was crazy, as there was no old lady put in here with me. A big hairy brute that smelled really bad, grabbed some channel-locks from his truck tool box, and pulled all my teeth except 3. Oooh that hurt. Next night somebody threw a knife with the door key attached, but since I was tied up, I couldn't use them. If it weren't for the building catching fire, I'd still be there.

All I remember is the 2 big signs
"PRIVATE PROPERTY, KEEP OUT" Violators will be ****ed"

LauraA
03-21-2007, 05:12 PM
If it weren't for the building catching fire, I'd still be there.

It's a darn good thing he got away, otherwise his name would be Shishkabadbob. :p

theamazingthom
04-14-2007, 07:12 PM
We parked a couple miles away from the entrance, seeing as the locals are VERY protective. We walked up I think it was like Bald Eagle mountain.. a very steep street. The locals drove us away. I've been to dudleytown 5 or 6 times now. Twice in the daytime. I haven't ever had any problems with the locals. I've parked my car very close to the trail you have to go on to reach it. (Dark Entry Road.) It's at the merge of 4 and 7 in Cornwall. Or another way would be to look for cornwall bridge and just look for an old beaten down road just past it. I don't know how useful this is for you, but yeah. No problems. Just be respectful and don't be stupid. Who cares about no trespassing anyways? :-D

bad bob
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
I've been to dudleytown 5 or 6 times now. Twice in the daytime. I haven't ever had any problems with the locals. I've parked my car very close to the trail you have to go on to reach it. (Dark Entry Road.) It's at the merge of 4 and 7 in Cornwall. Or another way would be to look for cornwall bridge and just look for an old beaten down road just past it. I don't know how useful this is for you, but yeah. No problems. Just be respectful and don't be stupid. Who cares about no trespassing anyways? :-D

Well Thumb, I think ya just reached the end of the earth. You banged on yer keyboard until ya produced these gems.
1) "Just be respectful, and 2)don't be stupid." Followed by 3) "Who cares about no trespassing anyways?

Look out the window and see if there is a large white coach trimmed in gold, and pulled by 6 white horses.
If so, don't get in it...the black one is fer you. :eek:

theamazingthom
04-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Well Thumb, I think ya just reached the end of the earth. You banged on yer keyboard until ya produced these gems.
1) "Just be respectful, and 2)don't be stupid." Followed by 3) "Who cares about no trespassing anyways?

Look out the window and see if there is a large white coach trimmed in gold, and pulled by 6 white horses.
If so, don't get in it...the black one is fer you. :eek:

What the **** are you talking about? Lol. black coaches and white horses and ****? Obviously you misinterpret me there (bad) bob. "who cares about No Trespassing" was not meant literally. The entire line of text means that if you don't get caught and if you're actually respectful of the place - no harm, no foul. Try not to be such a ******* next time k? Thanks - Thumb

bad bob
04-19-2007, 01:06 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Lol. black coaches and white horses and ****? Obviously you misinterpret me there (bad) bob. "who cares about No Trespassing" was not meant literally. The entire line of text means that if you don't get caught and if you're actually respectful of the place - no harm, no foul. Try not to be such a ******* next time k? Thanks - Thumb

Hmmmm, and not reading too well either, I see. It says "white coach and white horses"

Ok here's the rub, thumbie. You are posting info on a ghost town web site, encouraging others to disregard "no trespassing signs", which unless I'm mistaken, is unlawful. DARK ENTRY FOREST Prop, Inc. owns the land and does not want peeps like you nosing around. Would you want folks violatin' yer space?
Anyway folks in the area are in co-op with the CSP to nab violators, and prosecute. Does that sound like a fun time? If it's possible to get permission first, wouldn't it make more sense to do that? I don't think I misinterpreted your msg. Yer msg was pretty clear, even with the ( : D

DarkEntry
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
It is not possible to get permission to go to the area known as Dudleytown. You will be arrested if try to go there.

theamazingthom
04-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Hmmmm, and not reading too well either, I see. It says "white coach and white horses"

Ok here's the rub, thumbie. You are posting info on a ghost town web site, encouraging others to disregard "no trespassing signs", which unless I'm mistaken, is unlawful. DARK ENTRY FOREST Prop, Inc. owns the land and does not want peeps like you nosing around. Would you want folks violatin' yer space?
Anyway folks in the area are in co-op with the CSP to nab violators, and prosecute. Does that sound like a fun time? If it's possible to get permission first, wouldn't it make more sense to do that? I don't think I misinterpreted your msg. Yer msg was pretty clear, even with the ( : D

Bob...I can tell you're a real bamf. What with all your big words like "violatin'" and "prosecute' and such and such. I'm not here to start a flame-war or some **** with the likes of you. I babysit kids for a living my friend. The fact of the matter is that you took my comment entirely out of context. Let me explain further, as one would with such an underdeveloped mind. IF YOU ARE RESPECTFUL TO THE AREA AND LEAVE NO TRACE THAT YOU WERE EVER THERE WHILE STILL HAVING ONLY THE BEST INTENTIONS IN MIND, **** NO TRESPASSING SIGNS. When I go into a place, there's always gonna be one of those. Oh and just so you know. I did get permission to go into dark entry from dark entry. A woman lives up on one of the roads past the covered bridge. She runs it. My friend is her firewood supplier. He was able to convince her that because I was a parapsychology major that we should be allowed up there. She agreed. Gave us a note. We took a picture with the note and my friend drinking a beer (he was not the most gracious guest. But I used the opportunity and got some awesome pictures.) I wish I still had the **** picture. Anyways. I don't want my comments to be taken to mean that I support illegal activity. As the illegal activity pertains to my rules for myself and my team, I don't believe in no trespassing for us. We are gracious, courteous, respectful and quiet. Noone ever even knows we're there. So I would thank you not to try to stick words into my mouth or misrepresent my feelings all for the sake of feeling "bad." I hope this puts an end to the bickering.

bad bob
04-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Bob...I can tell you're a real bamf. What with all your big words like "violatin'" and "prosecute' and such and such. I'm not here to start a flame-war or some **** with the likes of you. I babysit kids for a living my friend. The fact of the matter is that you took my comment entirely out of context. Let me explain further, as one would with such an underdeveloped mind. IF YOU ARE RESPECTFUL TO THE AREA AND LEAVE NO TRACE THAT YOU WERE EVER THERE WHILE STILL HAVING ONLY THE BEST INTENTIONS IN MIND, **** NO TRESPASSING SIGNS. When I go into a place, there's always gonna be one of those. Oh and just so you know. I did get permission to go into dark entry from dark entry. A woman lives up on one of the roads past the covered bridge. She runs it. My friend is her firewood supplier. He was able to convince her that because I was a parapsychology major that we should be allowed up there. She agreed. Gave us a note. We took a picture with the note and my friend drinking a beer (he was not the most gracious guest. But I used the opportunity and got some awesome pictures.) I wish I still had the **** picture. Anyways. I don't want my comments to be taken to mean that I support illegal activity. As the illegal activity pertains to my rules for myself and my team, I don't believe in no trespassing for us. We are gracious, courteous, respectful and quiet. Noone ever even knows we're there. So I would thank you not to try to stick words into my mouth or misrepresent my feelings all for the sake of feeling "bad." I hope this puts an end to the bickering.

Now that's more like it. Thanks. You hit it right on the mark. I do indeed have a very "underdeveloped mind". :o

If we can keep it to a semi-friendly exchange, it won't be designated as "flaming". And as a psych major, I believe ya can post msgs without so many ****'s in it. BTW, I love your line "..with the likes of you". :)

Now I think it's time fer some housecleaning.

Msgs can only be replied to in kind. So if ya say stuff like you did, different folks might take it different ways. I didn't take your msg out of context, I took it as you posted it. Look Amazing, I believe most gt'ers here, like me, are a bit protective of the ever so fragile and disappearing sites. Sadly, greedy land developers and vandals continue to destroy historic areas to this day. (And I also like to remind peeps it's illegal to metal detect at most ghost towns). There's a lot of kids that come in here boasting of "going to the asylum", and trampling sites, in the name of thrillseeking or paranormal thrills, of course only after several cases of liquid courage. I'm sure you get the idea. That said, here's a side note fer ya.

I really have no life. This site gets incredibly slow sometimes, except for the occasional "ghost hunters". So, mostly in jest, some of us, myself and a few others, like to poke at various posters, if for nothing more than to stir things up a bit. You just happened to wander in on one of the slow days. BUT, since I'm extremely mentally disabled, you were kind enough to clear it all up.

An' I use words like "yer, ya, violatin', etc., in a kinda western theme, along the lines of that cartoon character Yosemite Sam. (Not that I could ever hope to be nearly as popular).

If you can get permission to enter Dark Entry, great. Tho yer attitude toward NO TRESPASSING SIGNS is somewhat...well...ahhh...rogue-ish.
I do some travelling myself, and generally do not see NO TRESPASSING signs everywhere. The ones I DO see, appear to be posted for good reason. If you choose to ignore them, I promise not to try and stop ya. :D

LauraA
04-21-2007, 04:49 AM
theamazingthom, I just want to say **** too and ****. Let me just add **** because I simply can't ****, ****, or ***** without **** being said.
I hope I've made myself perfectly ****'in clear, afterall, we don't want any ****'in misunderstandings. :cool::rolleyes:

GaryB
04-21-2007, 07:39 AM
IF YOU ARE RESPECTFUL TO THE AREA AND LEAVE NO TRACE THAT YOU WERE EVER THERE WHILE STILL HAVING ONLY THE BEST INTENTIONS IN MIND, **** NO TRESPASSING SIGNS.

Anyways. I don't want my comments to be taken to mean that I support illegal activity.

Jeez, how could anyone misinterpret that? :rolleyes:

As the illegal activity pertains to my rules for myself and my team, I don't believe in no trespassing for us. We are gracious, courteous, respectful and quiet. Noone ever even knows we're there.

Okay, so you guys are special and no body else is? I have a comment, but it might end up looking like these, ******. And then my post might get confused with your eloquently stated post.

Seems like as feeble minded as you called Bob out to be, he summed you up pretty much in line.

theamazingthom
04-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Now that's more like it. Thanks. You hit it right on the mark. I do indeed have a very "underdeveloped mind". :o

If we can keep it to a semi-friendly exchange, it won't be designated as "flaming". And as a psych major, I believe ya can post msgs without so many ****'s in it. BTW, I love your line "..with the likes of you". :)

Now I think it's time fer some housecleaning.

Msgs can only be replied to in kind. So if ya say stuff like you did, different folks might take it different ways. I didn't take your msg out of context, I took it as you posted it. Look Amazing, I believe most gt'ers here, like me, are a bit protective of the ever so fragile and disappearing sites. Sadly, greedy land developers and vandals continue to destroy historic areas to this day. (And I also like to remind peeps it's illegal to metal detect at most ghost towns). There's a lot of kids that come in here boasting of "going to the asylum", and trampling sites, in the name of thrillseeking or paranormal thrills, of course only after several cases of liquid courage. I'm sure you get the idea. That said, here's a side note fer ya.

I really have no life. This site gets incredibly slow sometimes, except for the occasional "ghost hunters". So, mostly in jest, some of us, myself and a few others, like to poke at various posters, if for nothing more than to stir things up a bit. You just happened to wander in on one of the slow days. BUT, since I'm extremely mentally disabled, you were kind enough to clear it all up.

An' I use words like "yer, ya, violatin', etc., in a kinda western theme, along the lines of that cartoon character Yosemite Sam. (Not that I could ever hope to be nearly as popular).

If you can get permission to enter Dark Entry, great. Tho yer attitude toward NO TRESPASSING SIGNS is somewhat...well...ahhh...rogue-ish.
I do some travelling myself, and generally do not see NO TRESPASSING signs everywhere. The ones I DO see, appear to be posted for good reason. If you choose to ignore them, I promise not to try and stop ya. :D

Lol. Allright man. Btw. I have a very dirty mouth. It's a side-effect of being a new-yorker. (Dirty streets = dirty minds + dirty mouth.) And in response to whoever said "are you special?" i say "Yes. My team is special." The reason we got access with so little trouble is because we're the only respectable team in the area. (There are many people that like to go out "Ghost-Hunting" but most just get drunk and then take pictures of gravestones. Lmao. Most end up vandalizing the sites for personal acclaim as I'm sure you can understand.) Either way, that's why I don't really believe in no trespassing signs. Bob, I have a good article that pertains to a hobby of mine I'd like you to read. I'll see if I can link it here. http://www.infiltration.org/ethics-nodisclaimer.html
That explains pretty much why I feel this way about No Trespassing signs.

bad bob
04-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Lol. Allright man. Btw. I have a very dirty mouth. It's a side-effect of being a new-yorker. (Dirty streets = dirty minds + dirty mouth.) And in response to whoever said "are you special?" i say "Yes. My team is special." The reason we got access with so little trouble is because we're the only respectable team in the area. (There are many people that like to go out "Ghost-Hunting" but most just get drunk and then take pictures of gravestones. Lmao. Most end up vandalizing the sites for personal acclaim as I'm sure you can understand.) Either way, that's why I don't really believe in no trespassing signs. Bob, I have a good article that pertains to a hobby of mine I'd like you to read. I'll see if I can link it here. http://www.infiltration.org/ethics-nodisclaimer.html
That explains pretty much why I feel this way about No Trespassing signs.

New Yorker...hmm, seems we have a former NY'er here somewhere; lives in a lake in AZ.. I mean...near a lake. :p

Ok, so I read the article, and agree in principal; It's a laudable hobby. I would only say that there's gotta be hundreds of UE sites available that are not posted with NO TRESPASSING signs. To just ignore these signs is illegal, whether or not a thrill is achieved by sucessfully moving onto and out of a site so marked. The fact that there was no trace of yer presence, is irrelevent, (IMO).
And if this activity is to be encouraged, here or elsewhere, I would lay all the cards out first. That way folks, especially younger peeps, know what to tell their parents when asking them to post bail. :)

LauraA
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
New Yorker...hmm, seems we have a former NY'er here somewhere; lives in a lake in AZ.. I mean...near a lake. :p
:)
You rang?! :D

Lol. Allright man. Btw. I have a very dirty mouth. It's a side-effect of being a new-yorker. (Dirty streets = dirty minds + dirty mouth.)
I'm a fawmer Nu Yawker. I have neither a dirty mouth, nor a dirty mind as a result of being raised on the mean streets of the Bronx.
I suppose Robert Frost said it best, "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it."
I believe both halves apply here.

As long as I'm quoting wise people, my Grandmother used to say, " If you wash a dirty sponge in dirty water, you'll still have a dirty sponge."

GaryB
04-21-2007, 02:31 PM
, That way folks, especially younger peeps, know what to tell their parents when asking them to post bail. :)

I know a few places in Nevada that if you are caught trespassing, you need not worry about calling somebody for bail. Or calling anyone for anything in that matter. Someone will find you. Eventually.

And the comment about "being special" had nothing to do with getting permission. If you do, then fine, no issues. But feeling you can ignore them because "you have a right because you are so and so" isn't. You can disagree with the principle of posted signs all you want, that's a nice thing about this country. Another is we can have people arrested for being on our land, with out our permission. I bet you'd pitch a fit if I walked into your house and started taking pictures.

DarkEntry
04-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Please be advised that Dudleytown is privatley owned land. There are no ghosts in Dudleytown. The privacy that the homeowners deserve has been completley disrupted over the past 20 years.

The Mohawk Trail in Cornwall up until Baldwin Cave is owned ENTIRELY by the Dark Entry Forest Assoc. and maintained by the CFPA. Any activity on the trail is up to the DEF to decide.

HollyDolly
04-27-2007, 07:07 AM
:cool: It would be best to get permission to visit the area of Dudleytown.Not only for legal reasons,but also because if something happens to you,people will know where to search.I'm not sure how haunted Dudleytown is,but a better place to go is Bara-Hack,which is in I think Conneticut. Just Google the name and I'm sure you will find something.I have seen photos of the place on the net,and it has been investigated by various paranormal groups.
Can't recall the history of the town right now,and I believe it is on public land,in a state forest or something,so seeing the place wouldn't be as hard.

theamazingthom
04-30-2007, 06:23 AM
:cool: It would be best to get permission to visit the area of Dudleytown.Not only for legal reasons,but also because if something happens to you,people will know where to search.I'm not sure how haunted Dudleytown is,but a better place to go is Bara-Hack,which is in I think Conneticut. Just Google the name and I'm sure you will find something.I have seen photos of the place on the net,and it has been investigated by various paranormal groups.
Can't recall the history of the town right now,and I believe it is on public land,in a state forest or something,so seeing the place wouldn't be as hard.

I had seen the info about bara-hack on this website but never really thought about going there. Have you been?

HollyDolly
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
:) No I have never been to Bara-Hack,but i have been to ghost towns here in Texas like Zunkerville,El Oso, Cheapside,Dewville and a few others.Some like Garfield and Verdi,all I have seen there were community halls.
Mount Olive near San Antonio has only a cemetery.As far as I know the places I have been to aren't haunted.
A few of them like Davy and New Davy and Veleharad have small populations,and a few none,so I have never asked any locals about haunted places there.

theamazingthom
05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
:) No I have never been to Bara-Hack,but i have been to ghost towns here in Texas like Zunkerville,El Oso, Cheapside,Dewville and a few others.Some like Garfield and Verdi,all I have seen there were community halls.
Mount Olive near San Antonio has only a cemetery.As far as I know the places I have been to aren't haunted.
A few of them like Davy and New Davy and Veleharad have small populations,and a few none,so I have never asked any locals about haunted places there.

That's kinda boring :( no offense of course. I love living around this area because of the places like dudleytown that have such amazing histories. I couldn't imagine life in an area that doesn't have places like Dudleytown which (in my opinion) is definitely haunted. Just seems like life would be really boring without it. That's probably sounding kinda weird. but whatever. Hehe.

theamazingthom
05-02-2007, 08:08 PM
Its a shame you didn't pay attention in school.

Try this instead:
I know its illegal to go to Dudleytown, but does anyone know how to get there? I am so tired looking. I couldn't find it. Thanks in advance for the help.
You see, in my mind, its ok to do illegal things. I am a moron. Sad to say, the public education system is only partly responsible for this creeping malise of utter stupidification. I blame my parents, because, as we all know, there is no reason I need to take personal responsibility for my actions when society says I can blame my parents, teachers, or the kid in fourth grade that tried to bugger me in the little boy's room.
I am a product of today's modern society. Sad but true. Buy me a slurpee or I'll stomp on your cat. Its your fault.

Good job. Why don't you try THIS instead.

I know that I have nothing better to do on a friday night than to make fun of people's minor grammar mistakes but would you mind ********for me while I ****to pictures of optimus prime, the ghostbusters and spongebob squarepants? I can't stand the fact that I am over 30 and still live with my parents and need to immerse myself in internet forums to forget about my underaccomplishments by making fun of people for absolutely inconsequential things. Any help is appreciated in advance.

bad bob
05-02-2007, 09:58 PM

I know that I have nothing better to do on a friday night than to make fun of people's minor grammar mistakes but would you **************for me while I ****** to pictures of optimus prime, the ghostbusters and spongebob squarepants? I can't stand the fact that I am over 30 and still live with my parents and need to immerse myself in internet forums to forget about my underaccomplishments by making fun of people for absolutely inconsequential things. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Whoa now...slow down Red Ryder....I mean Amazing. As an experienced (former) flamer (and flamee) here, I can tell you this road only leads to Doomsville.

You may have forgot, but I told you that some of the members here poke at ghost seekers occasionally. Especially when it's slow here, or when illegal actions are perceived. No we're not the police, but YOU feel good when ya help someone don't ya? Some here just have different M.O.' s (or is it M's O.)?

This is not a paranormal board...it's a gt board. Illegal activities such as vandalism, etc., have caused great harm to many historic sites over the years. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Think about what you want to convey here first, then splash it out without flames or *****'s. Some here are mostly serious, some attempt humor, others use both. You could at least give it a shot. Flaming other members just wins you a red flag. That's not a good thing. I know...I have a bunch of 'em. A few more, and I can have that quilt made, I've always wanted.

bad bob
05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
This site has both gt's and paranormal topics. It's painfully slow, but folks do get replies there eventually.
www.legendsofamerica.com/bulletinboard/index.php (http://www.legendsofamerica.com/bulletinboard/index.php)

theamazingthom
05-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Bob (Or anyone else interested in giving a real answer.) I have a question. (At the risk of getting a **** storm from the "real paranormal investigators") I was at Dudleytown tonight. My partner and I saw lights coming from inside the woods. But there was a pattern to them. When we went to get out of our car, something pushed my door shut and so we left. My partner complained that something was tapping her seat from below it almost the whole way home. Have you ever heard anything about this?

bad bob
05-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Bob (Or anyone else interested in giving a real answer.) I have a question. (At the risk of getting a **** storm from the "real paranormal investigators") I was at Dudleytown tonight. My partner and I saw lights coming from inside the woods. But there was a pattern to them. When we went to get out of our car, something pushed my door shut and so we left. My partner complained that something was tapping her seat from below it almost the whole way home. Have you ever heard anything about this?

Amaze...There are several Bob's here; but I guess you mean me, since we have "spoken" b4. I'll refer ya to my msg to you "downstairs" , posted last nite regarding this site.

There are several stories here, of folks having close encounters, so to speak, with the paranormal, both on purpose, and not. I personally didn't see any like the ones you mentioned. And I doubt if any PI would *** you over what you found. Prob would want to question you over it, instead. You should be posting your paranormal msgs at the Legends link (below referred msg). And then I would also Google "paranormal web sites" to find a board or boards with similar interests.

theamazingthom
05-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Amaze...There are several Bob's here; but I guess you mean me, since we have "spoken" b4. I'll refer ya to my msg to you "downstairs" , posted last nite regarding this site.

There are several stories here, of folks having close encounters, so to speak, with the paranormal, both on purpose, and not. I personally didn't see any like the ones you mentioned. And I doubt if any PI would *** you over what you found. Prob would want to question you over it, instead. You should be posting your paranormal msgs at the Legends link (below referred msg). And then I would also Google "paranormal web sites" to find a board or boards with similar interests.

Heh. Yes I meant you bad bob. Thanks. I was under the impression that this was a paranormal website...I probably mistook the meaning of "ghost town." lol. Oh well. I'm gonna do that googling stuff now.Thanks for your help.

bad bob
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Heh. Yes I meant you bad bob. Thanks. I was under the impression that this was a paranormal website...I probably mistook the meaning of "ghost town." lol. Oh well. I'm gonna do that googling stuff now.Thanks for your help.

Yer welcome.
No this is not a paranormal website. It's an ABnormal website, but that's only when I'm posting silly msgs here. Oh.. and perhaps 1 or 2 others, but I cannot speak for them. :)

theamazingthom
05-05-2007, 08:22 AM
Whoa now...slow down Red Ryder....I mean Amazing. As an experienced (former) flamer (and flamee) here, I can tell you this road only leads to Doomsville.

You may have forgot, but I told you that some of the members here poke at ghost seekers occasionally. Especially when it's slow here, or when illegal actions are perceived. No we're not the police, but YOU feel good when ya help someone don't ya? Some here just have different M.O.' s (or is it M's O.)?

This is not a paranormal board...it's a gt board. Illegal activities such as vandalism, etc., have caused great harm to many historic sites over the years. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Think about what you want to convey here first, then splash it out without flames or *****'s. Some here are mostly serious, some attempt humor, others use both. You could at least give it a shot. Flaming other members just wins you a red flag. That's not a good thing. I know...I have a bunch of 'em. A few more, and I can have that quilt made, I've always wanted.

thanks bob. Lol. I thought I was telling off a severe moron. But if you vouch for him then ok. btw. Thanks for the site in your last post. I'll check it out, Thom.

brian10x
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM

I know that I have nothing better to do on a friday night than to make fun of people's minor grammar mistakes but would you mind ********for me while I ****to pictures of optimus prime, the ghostbusters and spongebob squarepants? I can't stand the fact that I am over 30 and still live with my parents and need to immerse myself in internet forums to forget about my underaccomplishments by making fun of people for absolutely inconsequential things. Any help is appreciated in advance.

Ok! I'll do as you suggested! I'll start right away! I agree completely! You are so right! We see eye to eye on this one, baby! Right on partner! Let's shake on it! Why didn't I think of that myself? How can I be a little bit more like you? I wish I had met you earlier! There is so much I can learn from you! I think there is a real bonding occurring! I feel refreshed, and somehow...re-born! The sun is out and its a brand new day!

Desolate Tomb
04-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Has anyone been to Dudleyville or heard about it? Does anyone have any concrete info (lots of rumors out there) about this ghost town?

Vulture
04-19-2008, 04:55 AM
Did you check "Dudley town", main section of this site?
V

Desolate Tomb
04-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow, sorry...out of all the places I've googled and searched and whatnot I never thought to just look on here, not to mention I had the name wrong apparently too. Dudleytown, not ville, eh? It appears to be disappointing anyway; not what I had in mind.

Sholi
09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I know this is an old post but I'll respond none the less. You dont really need to take the appalachian train to get there. "Dudleytown" is located at the end of Bald Mountain Rd. in Cornwall Ct. Its easy to find via goggle maps. However as mentioned in every other post, it is considered tresspassing if you do go there. Unless you of course can manage to make friends with a member of the Dark Entry Association.
But let me add, I've been there countless times, and I have yet to see anything of the paranormal nature. Just a fair warning, you may be a bit let down due to all the hype.
*editing for self redemption* I wasnt there illigally! I have a friend who owns property on the street and is a member. Heh' didnt want people thinking I was some sort of tresspassing fanatic. >.<