PDA

View Full Version : Ghosttowns.com Stats as of end of 2003

Ghosttowns.com
12-27-2003, 07:14 PM
Ghosttowns.com Stats as of end of 2003

We are posting this here not to brag but just to show where the site is at... Up until the wall street journal article this last summer ghosttowns.com was receiving about 8 million hits per month. After the article is has doubled and sustained! We dont have a unique user figure at this time. It takes one heck of a server to carry the load - in fact 2 server now - the tv and forums are one one server (2.2ghz p4) and the site itself is on a dual 3.2ghz/1mb cache xeon with 2 gb ram and a 6 15k scsi drive raid.

The ads are annoying and all but they are the only way to pay the bill and keep the site free to all...

David A. Wright
12-27-2003, 09:21 PM
It's good to keep us reminded occassionally of what you have to go through to keep this site up and running, and all your hard work. Thank you!

I haven't emailed you any ghost town photos in quite some time. Got a ton more on numerous sites new and currently on the site. Need to get busy myself!

Danny
01-01-2004, 10:56 PM
is great! I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of information and the people so far. I just registered today after accidently finding the site.
Keep up the good work.
Happy New Year to all!
Danny

spiritstalker26
06-25-2004, 07:22 AM
is great! I am thoroughly impressed with the amount of information and the people so far. I just registered today after accidently finding the site.
Keep up the good work.
Happy New Year to all!
DannyHey there! I'm new to the site and just wanted to say so far this site rocks. I actually like it alot more then marylandghosts.com. Just from today people here seem more friendly then those over at the other board! Keep up the great work!