PDA

View Full Version : Disappearance

Ghostdancer
03-01-2004, 04:27 AM
Has anyone seen the movie Disappearance?

I rented and watched this last night. It's about this family that visits a ghost town called Weaver and experiences some strange and bizzare things.

There is a ghost town by this name in Arizona that I visited 10 years ago - no parallel of course.

ghost_town_huntress
03-01-2004, 08:24 AM
I saw Disappearance a couple years ago when it was on tv, I forgot what station. It was a pretty cool movie, wouldn't mind seeing it again.

Cecile
03-01-2004, 09:23 AM
I watched Disappearance a couple of times when it first came out on cable tv. The second time I was trying to tape it so my husband could see it. At a really suspenseful spot in the movie we suddenly had a power outage. You can imagine how that startled me! It also ruined my taping, of course.

Where did you rent it? I'd like to get a copy.

Ghostdancer
03-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Where did you rent it? I'd like to get a copy.
From Blockbuster Video.

Ghostdancer
03-01-2004, 02:40 PM
I saw Disappearance a couple years ago when it was on tv, I forgot what station. It was a pretty cool movie, wouldn't mind seeing it again.
I thought it was pretty good; suspenseful and aside from the story line one that I can relate to as far as the family going in search of Weaver and finding interesting and sometimes unusual things.

High Desert Drifter
03-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Has anyone seen the movie Disappearance?

I rented and watched this last night. It's about this family that visits a ghost town called Weaver and experiences some strange and bizzare things.

There is a ghost town by this name in Arizona that I visited 10 years ago - no parallel of course.

I saw the movie a couple of times. I also saw another movie that was filmed at the same ghost town, I think it was called the last gun fighter or ballard of the last gun slinger or something like that. after looking at some pictures in a popular ghost town book on Nevada, it appears that the movie may have been filmed at Jarbridge Nevada.
anyways.. Cool Movie.

High desert Drifter

Mike Woodfin
08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
According to the IMBD website the entire film was shot in Australia.