PDA

View Full Version : Need a Ghost Town

Chanda
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
We are filming a movie that takes place in an 1800's western ghost town but we don't have any money. Several magazines are doing articles about our film and the location that will be used.

Does anyone know of a ghost town that may be interested in letting us film in their town? (California, Nevada, or Arizona)

High Desert Drifter
03-16-2004, 10:19 PM
We are filming a movie that takes place in an 1800's western ghost town but we don't have any money. Several magazines are doing articles about our film and the location that will be used.

Does anyone know of a ghost town that may be interested in letting us film in their town? (California, Nevada, or Arizona)

If you could come up with some money as a donation toward the cause of refurbishing the town I would say Cerro Gordo in California which is a privately owned ghost town, however, without money I am not sure what to suggest. Try contacting them anyways. I am sure some of the other ghost towners can provide you with contact information. I have not been there since the previous owner passed away.

High Desert Drifter

Cecile
03-17-2004, 11:40 AM
You need to contact my friends John and Roxie Bowden at Cerro Gordo, who are the caretakers up there. They might work out something for you. They can be reached at 760-876-1860

Ghostdancer
03-18-2004, 06:18 PM
If I were to film such a movie one of my first choices would be Pearce, Arizona in Cochise County which still has a population, but don't know who to contact.

Another choice is Cochise which is located just north of Pearce.

David A. Wright
05-14-2004, 01:54 PM
A thought, if you don't/can't film in Cerro Gordo, try nearby Dolomite.

Dolomite is not a ghost town per se, but was built as a movie set for the '60s flick NEVADA SMITH. The "town is on private property, which is a marble quarry, which is still in operation. There are private mobile homes out front in which you could inquire.

Directions: From the south end of Lone Pine, at the junction of US395 and CA136, turn eastward. Less than a tenth of a mile after passing the Owens River (approx. 3 miles from US395), turn left onto Dolomite Loop Road. Take the road, which soon turns a sharp right, to the mobile homes, which are obvious. Here is Dolomite.