PDA

View Full Version : Manson Caves..?

xfaithx
06-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Ok, Maybe I missed this somewhere but does anywhere know where the Manson Caves are..? Are they even real? I have heard mixed things on whether or not they exist. Also if anyone has directions to Manson's house please email that too.

divineplayground@aol.com

High Desert Drifter
06-14-2004, 11:32 PM
I never heard of the Manson Caves. Manson cabin is actually called Barker Ranch and is located in Gooler Wash off of Coyote Canyon Rd. between Wingate Rd. and Mengel Pass. Get a map of the Panimant Range of Death Valley and start your research here. Hope you have 4-wheel drive.

High Desert Drifter

XFNguitarX
08-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey. I actualy went to the manson caves yesturday. Charles Manson used to live at spahn ranch which is on the border line of Simi Valley. His cave is in Box Canyon where you hike a little trail and when you get there you will see some bolders and a little hole and you just keep going through the holes till you get to the main room and then you just light some candles and chillax. you can do whatever in there. But the cave is real and it was used by Charles Manson. If your near the area and you want to check them out you totaly should. Email me for percise directions XFNguitarX@hotmail.com

-Mike

Some Guy
09-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Got any pics of the manson caves? would be much appreciated.

donnabhain@iussa.org

GhostSurfer
10-27-2004, 11:15 PM
I'm new to this site and saw a few posts regarding C. Manson locations.I have extensive knowledge of the Manson Caves and all locations involving the "Family". Regarding the chatsworth/simi valley area, there are places like the Manson Caves;Skull Rock(where LSD induced human sacrifices were taken place);Spahn's Ranch(including the rock C.M. carved his initials in,the waterfall and bathing area and the wave cave which is in that famous pic of some of the "Family" squatting in. I have pics of these places too.I only have one scanned and saved though(Me comming out of the **** Hole entrance of the caves)The caves are not in Box Cyn. like I've read on this site.They are in the hills above santa susana pass.And this is'nt the best time to go climbing up there with the rain.The Skull Rock(fountain of the world cult) is in Box Cyn. The cult still lives in the house which is still on the property of the skull rock. The caves were actually Krishna Venta's(F.O.T.W. cult leader who was dinamited in the caves) caves. C.M. and the "family" learned of the caves from them.
I heard some questions regarding a house too. Be more specific as to what house you r talking about

countdrakula661
11-20-2004, 11:14 PM
how about some directions to these sites ?i hae some time of soon . Would love to know where these are at ? be specific please i would hate to get lost .THANKS

BobRoss
03-09-2005, 01:13 PM
I went to the manson caves about 14 years ago. I can't remember how to get there though. I would also be interested in directions and ESPECIALLY any pictures you have!!

MALT N1GGA
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm new to this site and saw a few posts regarding C. Manson locations.I have extensive knowledge of the Manson Caves and all locations involving the "Family". Regarding the chatsworth/simi valley area, there are places like the Manson Caves;Skull Rock(where LSD induced human sacrifices were taken place);Spahn's Ranch(including the rock C.M. carved his initials in,the waterfall and bathing area and the wave cave which is in that famous pic of some of the "Family" squatting in. I have pics of these places too.I only have one scanned and saved though(Me comming out of the **** Hole entrance of the caves)The caves are not in Box Cyn. like I've read on this site.They are in the hills above santa susana pass.And this is'nt the best time to go climbing up there with the rain.The Skull Rock(fountain of the world cult) is in Box Cyn. The cult still lives in the house which is still on the property of the skull rock. The caves were actually Krishna Venta's(F.O.T.W. cult leader who was dinamited in the caves) caves. C.M. and the "family" learned of the caves from them.
I heard some questions regarding a house too. Be more specific as to what house you r talking about

can u please give specific directions to the caves over sana susana pass email me at rpdewey@verizon.net

Flatiron
06-23-2005, 02:38 AM
As far as I'm concerned, anything to do with Charles Manson and his dope smoking, murdering bunch of clowns doesn't interest me one bit. I believe the intention of this site was to discuss Ghost towns and the history of the American West (or Midwest or East). Why anybody would be fascinated by these idiots, what they did,and where they did it, is beyond me. Maybe I'm in the minority, but that's the way I feel about this subject....................

wildfire23
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Please give out the drections to the caves manson use to go to. I have 2 maps of spahn ranch. 1 tex drew the other manson drew.Id love to have the directions for the caves.

coolguy0621
01-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Ok guys I just signed on to this web site--let's see if it works. I have been looking for the Manson caves here in southern california. I have been asking everyone if they know where they are. Everyone I talk to about this at first is all about the fact that they have been there. As soon as I start picking for information all of a sudden people have sudden memory loss. Wierd how that works. Anyway guys from what I hear the caves are in Chatsworth, Simi Valley, or Box Cyn. A couple of days ago I was on a hike looking around and I might of spotted some sort of cave mouth acrost a large draw. Any Info. would help. And since I'm activly hiking these hills I will post it if I find them first.

coolguy0621
01-24-2006, 10:57 AM
Ok guys I've been all over Chatsworth, Santa susana pass, and box cyn. If anyone is going to find them It's going to be me. Please Please hit me back with any info. I will post my findings on this site. These things are really a challenge to find I need some help guys.

old judge
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Cool guy: You're on the right track. Up the 5, off at Foothill, left then to Sylmar.. Up that trail to the left. I know that's the way, cause Johnnie and I were that far when arrested by folks who didn't want Charlie remembered. Why they wouldn't want that Mother, child and human killing old boy remembered, I don't know. Good luck, and get a life.

coolguy0621
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
yo old judge I have no interest in the manson deal I just heard that there is some cave there that has a river way down in it. I would like to explore that, and that life thing sure sounds cool too, thanks bro.

no1camera
02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
i KNOW THE CAVES BLINDFOLDED

E-MAIL ME I'LL TELL YOU ABOUT THEM

NO1CAMERA@HOTMAIL.COM

coolguy0621
02-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey everybody No1camera is full of ****

coolguy0621
02-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Ok guys I've found out that these caves are on private property. So I'm not interested. But I have discovered that there is alot of caves all over Chatsowrth hills. And I've come to belive the whole river at the bottem thing is just people talk too. I have heard of some caves in simi, and not the stupid manson ones, I wouldn't want old judge to freak out about his life again.

If anyone finds cool spots or caves in the general area of the San Fernando Valley, please write about them here. Actually I'll start a new thread for that, under San Fernando valley caves and other cool places.

slindsay02
04-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Ya, I coul

kozlowski69
07-01-2006, 07:07 PM
The manson caves do exist i've been a few dozen times and have actually guided groups down them. These caves are almost impossible to find unless someone that has been there goes with you. the hole to get in is only a few feet wide and is very easy to miss. once you have get in the hole, there are actually 2 ways down. one requires crawling on your belly and the other actually requires ropes. once you get down there it is well worth it, the cavern is big enough to accomadate about 8 people.

kozlowski69
07-01-2006, 07:09 PM
look at my post

kozlowski69
07-01-2006, 07:10 PM
The manson caves do exist i've been a few dozen times and have actually guided groups down them. These caves are almost impossible to find unless someone that has been there goes with you. the hole to get in is only a few feet wide and is very easy to miss. once you have get in the hole, there are actually 2 ways down. one requires crawling on your belly and the other actually requires ropes. once you get down there it is well worth it, the cavern is big enough to accomadate about 8 people.

kozlowski69
07-01-2006, 07:11 PM

bad bob
07-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Cuz.......

Could ya please tell me exactly how this startling info pertains to ghost towns!
bb.

brian10x
07-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Bob, Bob, Bob, do we have to draw you a picture?

You see, Mr. Manson and his friends lived at this ranch in California. No one lives there anymore, so its a ghost town (ranch?).

It was kinda sorta in the same vicinity as this cave, see? No body lives in the cave. Its a ghost town (cave?)

The thing is, it really cool because a short, bearded, unbathedpsychopath was once there.

Whats really cool about Charles Manson, though, is that he directed the brutal murder of several people, including pregnant actress Sharon Tate. It was so rad how they killed her baby and smeared the walls with their victims blood.

<< Although if he chose to commit his murders a bit closer to the vast right-wing gun -toting conspiracy here in Tucson, we might have ended his life a mere footnote in our newspaper.>>
:mad: :mad: :mad:

brian10x
07-01-2006, 08:56 PM
:mad: I know the cave exists because I pooped there last week.

I had this big dinner the night before and I just couldn't hold it.

Just look for the big brown pile next to the first turn inside the cave.

Its the cave where Ted Danson used to practice his lines for Cheers back in the 80s.

You did say the Danson cave, right?

:mad: :mad: :mad:

bad bob
07-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Brian ....it was the Hanson caves.....

and did ya notice this guy wants us to look at his post!
How rude.
bb.

bad bob
07-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh well thanks Mr. S. That clears everything up. It's true, a picture IS worth 10,000 words.
bb.

GaryB
07-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I've never seen info so important that it had to be posted 3 times. Cool beans :rolleyes:

A few well traveled spelunkers I know say that there a few caves in the area, and folks claim each separate one to be the "Manson Caves". So unless you find something definitive, say an inscription that says "Charlie was Here", you'll be barking up the wrong tree. The guys I talked to say they have never found anything conclusive, and they are in charge of exploring, mapping and keeping general tabs on caves.

Myself, I like to stick to caves with more realistic history and less retarded fascinations.

GaryB
07-01-2006, 11:29 PM
Brian ....it was the Hanson caves.....

Those are easy to find, just listen for MMMMM Bop!

coolguy0621
07-02-2006, 08:50 PM

Ok but is there a river at the bottem? Is this cave in Box cyn. or spahn ranch?

And since you know the area, is there any others in the area? Chatsworth as a whole is perfect terrain for caves. I hike this area all the time and I've found a couple bigger ones, but I wonder if there are any connections to water systems??

This really should be moved to the "other" section!!!

GaryB
07-02-2006, 09:47 PM
If the cave with a river at the bottom is the same one I have heard about, it's one of those great mysteries. Maybe a big dream, maybe a reality as science still hasn't figured out how to track under water passages.

Some folks here even are trying to drill down deep enough to find this endless river of water that has been talked about since the old mining days. With the drought going on, a spigot of endless water could be worth a few dollars to the lucky guy(s) that find it.

The Amargosa River in Nevada/Cali is a big under ground river, only appearing one or twice (IIRC) above ground. That alone is enough to get folks dreaming about more of these places.

There's also a story about a guy who found some ancient artifacts in a cavern that was mined into. IIRC it too had a river in it. The artifacts were supposed to be alien or some middle eastern people, I forget. It was located around Death Valley though.

LauraA
07-03-2006, 05:38 AM
Sort of off topic as to the so-called Manson caves, but I recall some years back in Virginia the water control board in our area was trying to track an underground stream to delve into the possibility of tapping into it for public use. Well, to make a long story short, they added red dye to the stream running at the bottom of a very large cave. The stream began as an offshoot of the James River then disappeared into a hole in the rocks. I don't know what they were thinking, where did they think the dye was going to show up? In a very short time, red dye began to appear in most of the wells in the area (mine included) We had red water for about 5 days, it stained sinks & tubs...and forget about doing laundry. Water Control Board issued a statement saying the water was "more than likely safe to drink" but if we had any doubts, we could have our water tested at our own expense. What a fiasco!

coolguy0621
07-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Some of the largest underground water systems are in Cancun area, and the openings are called cinotes by the locals. They are large round pools that lead to miles of inter connected watern systems. I'm sure google will show anyone further, but there are people who dive and map them, some spending weeks under ground from what I hear. Last time I was in Cancun I got board of getting drunk 24-7 like everyone else, and I went exploring the jungle and found out about all this. So when I heard that there might be some of this in Cali. naturally I got interested. But not so much anymore cause I can't find any other cavers around who are serious, I don't think there is any local spots, and the gear gets expensive when you only use it once a year, not to mention time of course. But I would like to put an end to the rumor mill about this manson cave and how big it is, because I've heard all kinds of stuff about it having a large maze and going way down, but I've come to belive that it's the same as the turnbull thread; kids with too much time on their hands. But it's not worth getting blasted with salt rock or getting arrested!!!

GaryB
07-10-2006, 09:08 PM
But it's not worth getting blasted with salt rock or getting arrested!!!

Oh, you're just not hard core enough then :p

The water system you mentioned about in Cancun, they have something like that in Florida too. Watched a tv deal about a guy who had been mapping them for years and suddenly one night screwed up and drowned in one of the caves.

RocknRon
08-07-2006, 05:44 AM
Manson Caves are easy to find and there are lots of landmarks to find it. I have pics and good directions on how to get there if anyone still needs to know. Its pretty cool there. Takes about 25 min to walk there from the car. About 15min coming back. Thats it. I dont know why people think they are so hard to find. We are going back Tuesday to take a couple skatepics inside the cave. If anyone still needs directions, Ill post them.

Phart
09-15-2006, 04:00 PM

If anyone cares, this person knows what he is talking about.

The caves that kozlowski69 describes are the real manson caves.

Just park at the church and climb the hill.

GaryB
09-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Holy mackerel! :eek:

LauraA
09-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Holy mackerel! :eek:

I'll second that! :rolleyes:

GaryB
09-15-2006, 10:54 PM
That looks like one of those fresh water neon fish you get in the pet store. Danio's I think they are.

LauraA
09-16-2006, 03:48 AM
naw...the halo around it indicates it's a heavenly holy Mackerel ... or maybe even an Angel Fish :rolleyes: (well, it's something fishy anyway):p :D

Goat
09-16-2006, 05:31 AM
Holy carp!!

GaryB
09-16-2006, 10:43 PM
The only thing carp is good for is feeding Alka-Seltzer to :mad:

Lizard_Man
09-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Okay, I have been interested in the "manson caves" for some years now. Not just because i love caves, but because it's part of the local history and geology.
The Simi Hills ,home to rocketdyne(santa susana field test lab)-- THIS AREA IS CONTAMINATED WITH RADIATION AND HAZARDOUS WASTE, ESPECIALY THE WATER IN THESE CAVES---are part of the chatsworth formation, and the mountains are completely honeycombed with caves. Some of them are small inlets, while others are very large and maze-like, extending deep into the earth,and yes , they do have underground streams running through them.
The cave most commonly refered to is near the location of Spahn Ranch(which i believe the main entrance has been cemented or dynamited as of 2 years ago) But there are MANY caves and Manson explored them all to prephare himself for exploring death valley to find the underground spring and the 7 trees of life , which would feed the family during helter skelter.
So there are many caves in this area, most of which were used by the chumash and tongva indians, and you can still find their paintings and artifacts in the caves.

old judge
09-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Yeah... Whatever. Squeaky Fromme.

Lizard_Man
09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Manson explored them all to prephare himself for exploring death valley to find the underground spring and the 7 trees of life , which would feed the family during helter skelter.

there were supposed to be 12 trees and a hole to the an underground spring where they could live.

old judge
09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah...Whatever. Sadie Mae

GaryB
09-27-2006, 06:11 PM
there were supposed to be 12 trees and a hole to the an underground spring where they could live.

Actually, there's only 11 now. I needed firewood one cold winter night in Ballarat. Sorry :o

old judge
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
yeah....Whatever....Tex

Flatiron
09-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Watson?:eek:

brian10x
09-27-2006, 07:49 PM

I heard it was 12 holes and a tree in the ground.

Lets talk about ghost towns now! Its fun!

High Desert Drifter
09-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Actually I plugged the hole on my last visit. I forgot my shovel so digging a latrine was out of the question...

old judge
09-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Watson??? Of course....OJ;)

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Are you calling me squeaky? I don't get it.
It doesn't matter what charles manson thought...
the caves are chumash ghosttowns

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 05:28 PM
the caves were formed by a small creek draining through the mountains,,, it drys up a few weeks after the rains.

old judge
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry pardner, you got to tell me what "chumash" means. And no, I wasn't callin' you "Squeaky' for goodness sakes. Lame??? Not on a good day...OJ

GaryB
09-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Sorry pardner, you got to tell me what "chumash" means.

It's great with a little bit of Tobasco and rye bread ;)

bad bob
09-29-2006, 06:12 PM
[quote=old judge;22406]Sorry pardner, you got to tell me what "chumash" means.

Chumash is a local California Indian tribe.

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Chumash are the idians that lived in the area.... you can still see their remanants in the caves and the village(ghosttown) nearby.
IT'S A VERY BAD IDEA TO EXPLORE THE CAVES IN THE AREA. If you people are smart you'll give up any attempt to find and explore the "Manson Caves". The landowners in this area protect them from tresspassers for A VERY GOOD REASON.

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 06:21 PM
http://forums.ghosttowns.com/images/misc/progress.gif IT'S A VERY BAD IDEA TO EXPLORE THE CAVES IN THE AREA. If you people are smart you'll give up any attempt to find and explore the "Manson Caves". The landowners in this area protect them from tresspassers for A VERY GOOD REASON.

brian10x
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Are you calling me squeaky? I don't get it.
It doesn't matter what charles manson thought...
the caves are chumash ghosttowns

You mean American Indian ghosttowns?

Chu·mash [ ch mąsh (http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/Pronounce.aspx?search=Chumash) ] (plural Chu·mash or Chu·mash·es)

noun Definition: 1. member of Native N American people: a member of a Native North American people who once lived in coastal southwestern California, and who now live in the Santa Barbara area

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
http://forums.ghosttowns.com/images/misc/progress.gif IT'S A VERY BAD IDEA TO EXPLORE THE CAVES IN THE AREA. If you people are smart you'll give up any attempt to find and explore the "Manson Caves". The landowners in this area protect them from tresspassers for A VERY GOOD REASON.

brian10x
09-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, Maybe I missed this somewhere but does anywhere know where the Manson Caves are..? Are they even real? I have heard mixed things on whether or not they exist. Also if anyone has directions to Manson's house please email that too.

divineplayground@aol.com

Charles Manson's house is a prison cell.

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 06:26 PM
sureeeeee......

brian10x
09-29-2006, 06:27 PM

I'm sure you have a very good reason for posting the same thing under almost EVERY category. And that reason is?

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
I didn't want to hip you guys to this,,, but various hippies and members of the fountain of the world cult still live in the cave system. All the various "manson caves" people have claimed to have found in the simi hills are part of a larger system of caves. The "sub-caverns" in these caves lead deep down to an ancient river flowing under the rocketdyne facility. The river is extremely polluted from all the testing at the Santa Susana Filed Lab on top of the hills. These cave-people have become slightly mutated over the past 40 or so years , just like residents of nearby communities, except a little bit more pronounced ,(maybe because of closer proximity to pollution sources, or natural evolution of adapting to "cave life" i am not sure which)
Thses people are often seen scavenging above ground in nearby canyons, neighborhoods and hiking trails. If you do some research you'll find reports of residents and hikers seeing "white ,ape-like creatures" moving at very high rates of speed through nearby hills(simi peak, china flat, cheeseboro/palo commado /las virgenes canyons) They walk somewhat like gorillas,, probably from living in narrow underground passages and crawling most of the time, and they are stark white like they rarely see the sun.
The property owners, if you do some research you'll find, know that people still live in the hills and they are slightly afraid but not worried because they keep to themselves. Still, most own guns for protection, and don't venture far into the hills un-armed
No Bull ****. The river is down there if you have the balls to go deep enough into any of the access points.

bad bob
09-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Charles Manson's house is a prison cell.

Oh yeah...the BIG house!

brian10x
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Uness these "ape-like" creatures are somehow immune to 12ga. buckshot at point blank range, I see no reason to fret.

Not macho posturing, just plain fact.

Lizard_Man
09-29-2006, 07:21 PM
good luck toting a shotgun while climbing on your belly through a cave. You are in their terrain down there, extreme close-quater combats,,, you'd be better off with a bowie knife than a shotgun

brian10x
09-29-2006, 07:24 PM
good luck toting a shotgun while climbing on your belly through a cave. You are in their terrain down there, extreme close-quater combats,,, you'd be better off with a bowie knife than a shotgun

I don't crawl on my belly for anything. Or squeal like a pig.

Any other fantasies you'd like to explore?

GaryB
09-30-2006, 12:31 AM
See, this is why drugs should be legalized, so we can all have good stories to tell.

I ran into some ape like cave folk once. Kept asking me for a cigarette and if I'd heard the latest Marilyn Manson CD.

Lizard_Man
09-30-2006, 01:19 AM
I don't crawl on my belly for anything. Or squeal like a pig.

Any other fantasies you'd like to explore?

you will be squealing like a pig when i get ahold of you.

If you wanted to check out the "manson caves", the cave of munits(chumash shaman) or the underground river, you are going to have to crawl on your belly

-xXatwaXx-

brian10x
09-30-2006, 01:24 AM

If you wanted to check out the "manson caves", the cave of munits(chumash shaman) or the underground river, you are going to have to crawl on your belly

-xXatwaXx-

Thats it. I'm done trying to communicate down on your level.

This thread has nothing to do with ghost towns. This is a ghost town site. Thats what I'm here to talk about.

Conversation is over.

Lizard_Man
09-30-2006, 01:37 AM
It's kind of like a ghost town, stop being a douche. Ignore this thread if you don't like, Ou don't have to post

GaryB
09-30-2006, 01:34 PM

-xXatwaXx-

You like to make grown men squeal? Sounds like you should be posting on the NAMBLA message boards instead of here.

brian10x
09-30-2006, 01:40 PM
You like to make grown men squeal? Sounds like you should be posting on the NAMBLA message boards instead of here.

Not tryingto be a know it all, but NAMBLA has to do with men having sex with boys.

Lets talk about ghost towns-its a lot more fun!

GaryB
09-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Not tryingto be a know it all, but NAMBLA has to do with men having sex with boys.

Lets talk about ghost towns-its a lot more fun!

I know, that's why I was trying to point him in the right direction. He seems lost.

I'm with the government, I'm here to help ;)

Lizard_Man
09-30-2006, 02:40 PM
parts of the rocketdyne facility are uninhabited,,, is that a ghost town???

brian10x
09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
parts of the rocketdyne facility are uninhabited,,, is that a ghost town???

This might make it easier:

ghost town, term for any once flourishing American community that has been abandoned, generally for economic reasons. While most of the towns have little or no population, they often contain old buildings, which may serve as tourist attractions. Many, such as Virginia City, Nev., were gold-mining towns hastily built during a boom. When the gold strike ended, the itinerant prospectors left. Ranking with the largest and most interesting Western ghost towns are Silver City, Idaho; Elkhorn, Mont.; Bodie, Calif.; and St. Elmo, Colo. Other ghost towns were former milling centers, railroad connections, or oil-well communities. In Texas several ghost towns were originally settled by European exiles who emigrated to the United States following the 1848 revolutions. Some, such as Burning Bush, Tex., were religious havens. Many deserted areas of towns have been restored to their original appearance; notable examples are Denver, Colo., Mystic, Conn., Williamsburg, Va., and Harpers Ferry, W.Va.

Lizard_Man
10-01-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't think that's too cool, Let's talk more about caves

RD44Mag
11-07-2006, 08:12 PM
If anyone cares, this person knows what he is talking about.
The caves that kozlowski69 describes are the real manson caves.
Just park at the church and climb the hill.
It sounds like we three have been to the same "Manson caves", though I have seen nothing to link them to Manson - while there is a good chance he may have visited them, that doesn't make them his caves anyway. I always knew them as "Stoner's Den", because that is what is carved in big letters in the wall of the main chamber.

For those of you who have wondered about whether this is a real cave system, or speculated about how many caves might be waiting to be discovered in the area, this cave is quite a real system but a bit of an oddity. Most cave systems of note are created by water erosion in limestone, while in the Los Angeles area we lack both limestone and significant water flow.

Instead, this cave system appears to be caused in large part by the action of a thrust fault that the cave lies inside of, namely the one that thrust up that large slab of red limestone at the southeast corner of Simi Valley near the Santa Susana pass. There are some portions of the cave that have been carved out by erosion, in particular there is the "slides", a tunnel you slide down on your back for about 200 feet, which is maybe four foot wide by two foot high (or less)... it feels like being in a coffin. There are few chambers big enough to stand up in, but lots of tight passages and chambers honeycombing the canyon, much of them existing among a jumble of broken rock. Although I haven't heard of any incidences down there, it would seem to me that it has the potential to be dangerously unstable. Also I believe the fault is active, as I have seen significant changes when visiting the cave over a period of years.

That said, I cannot recommend visiting these caves in good conscience, for a number of reasons:

It is on private property, and although I've never asked if they would grant permission I know that the property owners are none too friendly about visitors to the caves.
Entering any cave without proper experience is always risky, and I would say this place is riskier than most.
Rocketdyne is known to have dumped radioactive waste into the groundwater, and the water running through this fault comes right off of their site (my brother is a cancer victim who lived on the other side of the hill in Brown's canyon).That said, if you do go, don't expect that you'll find some historical treasure chest - mostly you'll find a lot of broken bottles and refuse, at best you'll find some amusing graffiti.

bad bob
11-07-2006, 09:25 PM
RU44 MickyD

Thanks fer dredgin' up this old thread on the Manson Caves.
It provides yet another opportunity to tell all interested parties that this has NOTHING TO DO WITH GHOST TOWNS!

"That said", IMO, you can now go helter skelter into the night to pursue yer dreams of walking in the same steps as a maniacle murderer. When ya find it, maybe ye can Google yerself to a forum more in line with yer....uhhh....tastes, and take these other "cavers" with you. TIA
bb.

GaryB
11-08-2006, 08:17 AM
That said, if you do go, don't expect that you'll find some historical treasure chest - mostly you'll find a lot of broken bottles and refuse, at best you'll find some amusing graffiti.

Well crapolla, there goes my vacation plans :mad:

coolguy0621
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Well at least RD had some lagit info about the area. I think what he posted is better than what the last guy posted who knew a little about the area.

Rd44 Thanks for your input.

LauraA
11-08-2006, 01:38 PM
You're all too late. I found the treasure chest already, I keep it right next to the Lost Dutchman's gold...just under the amusing graffiti and broken bottles. ;)

bad bob
11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Well at least RD had some lagit info about the area. I think what he posted is better than what the last guy posted who knew a little about the area.

Rd44 Thanks for your input.

Cool...you have many diverse interests, nothing wrong with that. But I don't believe it's appropriate to encourage off-topic posters. "Getting There", as you know, is related to ghost towns, not any caves.

I'm certainly not without guilt, as I've replied to many off-topic posters in the wrong category. I'm not the Moderator. I'll just remind you, you've already moved some off-topic threads to the "Other" category, where, IMO this one also belongs.
bb.

brian10x
11-09-2006, 04:22 AM
Well crapolla, there goes my vacation plans :mad:

You know, Gary, its all in the perspective. If you go out LOOKING for broken bottles and refuse then you won't be disapointed.

I explore ghost towns looking for soil and cow dung. I seldom leave empty handed.

Then again, I am insane.

LauraA
11-09-2006, 06:25 AM
Brian, it's okay, next time you come up for a visit, we'll have the bars installed on the guest room windows. :D (my bad):p

GaryB
11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Brian, it's okay, next time you come up for a visit, we'll have the bars installed on the guest room windows. :D (my bad):p

Just keep sharp objects and anything that can be used as a choker away from him.

coolguy0621
11-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Cool...you have many diverse interests, nothing wrong with that. But I don't believe it's appropriate to encourage off-topic posters. "Getting There", as you know, is related to ghost towns, not any caves.

I'm certainly not without guilt, as I've replied to many off-topic posters in the wrong category. I'm not the Moderator. I'll just remind you, you've already moved some off-topic threads to the "Other" category, where, IMO this one also belongs.
bb.

Good point, I missed that!!!

GaryB
11-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Good point, I missed that!!!

There's Bob, cracking that whip again ;)

bad bob
11-10-2006, 08:42 PM
There's Bob, cracking that whip again ;)

That's not a whip Gary, that's my back every time I stand up.:eek:

wilbilt
12-24-2006, 12:12 AM
It sounds like we three have been to the same "Manson caves", though I have seen nothing to link them to Manson - while there is a good chance he may have visited them, that doesn't make them his caves anyway. I always knew them as "Stoner's Den", because that is what is carved in big letters in the wall of the main chamber.

I can vouch for the accuracy of this, if anyone cares. The Simi "caves" were one of my hangouts in the late 70's-early 80's. Not so much caves, but rather the spaces left after erosion and whatever tumbled the sandstone slabs together.

Access was over private property, often dodging hostile landowners. There were a couple of actual "entrances", which consisted of holes in the ground through which you would drop.

Once inside, upright travel is soon replaced by crawling through holes.
In my travels, these holes always eventually led to the "slide".

The slide was a space between two giant slabs of sandstone, set on an incline, and probably formed by massive flows of water. Personally, it was probably the least claustrophobic place in the system, except for "Stoners' Den".

The slide was mostly traversed on one's back, and was undoubtedly responsible for many torn shirts. Once at the bottom, the way to the "Den" was toward the right.

Stoner's Den was a "room" about 20' x 30' .The roof was comprised of slabs and the floor of boulders. There was a "rock pipe" drilled into a central boulder;

One could pack some stash into the rock "bowl", and take hits via a passage drilled from the side. Definitely a novelty.

Below the den were numerous caverns mostly filled with empty beer cans, There were "exit" routes from there, but we usually climbed back out to the top.

There is probably a half-million in aluminum scrap down there, if anyone figures a way to get it out.

coolguy0621
12-26-2006, 10:45 AM
So how do you get to this place already???

I've been all over those hills and never seeen what you speak of, I've been in the valley for about 15 years too!!!

If you don't mind, could you also tell me what streets and where the trail head starts too?

Message me or just post it up here please, thanks dude.

old judge
12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Coolguy: Some of those cans may be Johnnie's, Flatiron's and mine from the 50's. Those won't pass the aluminum can test and, will have been opened with a church key, if you know what I mean. Also look for Johnnie's Superman de-coder ring. He lost it in there. Dropped it in a hole while trying to string it on a necklace of Sheila's. OJ P.S. By the way, is "Other" a good category for unloading some antique tupperware??:D

GaryB
12-26-2006, 12:50 PM
By the way, is "Other" a good category for unloading some antique tupperware??:D

The classifieds are :p

old judge
12-26-2006, 04:24 PM
bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

coolguy0621
12-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Well sure, but I don't think flatiron would like that.........LOL

rob roy
02-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I would really like directions to the manson caves. Did you already post the directions? If not, can you?
Thanks,
Rob

Manson Caves are easy to find and there are lots of landmarks to find it. I have pics and good directions on how to get there if anyone still needs to know. Its pretty cool there. Takes about 25 min to walk there from the car. About 15min coming back. Thats it. I dont know why people think they are so hard to find. We are going back Tuesday to take a couple skatepics inside the cave. If anyone still needs directions, Ill post them.

bad bob
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
RocknRon just spreads rumors to see if they make it back.

Manson Caverns are not easy to find. Ya have to go at night to avoid utters, and white ape-like creatures. Be sure to pack extra ammo, a change of shorts, and some moist towelettes (to clean up your dooty).

Now you may be a septic after reading the above, but I can assure you almost every other word is the truth, the hole truth, and nothing like the truth. Oh and don't forget yer camera, film & flash.

Ron went with Ruby Tuesday and never did post any pics. Maybe because he finally realized this is a ghost town web site.

GaryB
02-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I asked Chuck about them and he said they were a hoax. Turns out, he and the family used to hang out at the local Motel 6 because they left the light on for them and had fresh continental breakfasts.

brian10x
02-19-2007, 04:35 AM
I asked Chuck about them and he said they were a hoax. Turns out, he and the family used to hang out at the local Motel 6 because they left the light on for them and had fresh continental breakfasts.

Enough is enough. I just want to set the record straight. We live in a small, two bedroom apartment in Phoenix, Arizona.

We'll be moving out soon, though, as we just released a new album thats going to take us right to the top!

Fritz Manson
Lead singer and cult personality

pajaho
05-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Mansons cave ( if he did really go there; no way to know, just rumors) is located off santa susana pass rd .If your coming from San Fernando Valley take 118 west exit Rocky Peak Rd. go to santa susana pass make a right and follow it down the hill until you come to a small church, go left there. its a small narrow rd .Maybe a 1/4 mile before the little park, Look to the left for the trail up the hill.
Its been many years since I last visted the cave things may have changed. I do know this its on private property and the owners arent friendly. At least they weren't 15 to 20 years ago like I said things may have changed.
I was once grabbed by the shirt collar on the way back from the caves by some guy who looked like someone who have been right at home with charlies gang. he said it was private property and never to come back. Well I went back many times and never had any more problems.
Once you find the trail its about a 10 min. hike up. Wear long pants and long sleeve shirt the trail is overgrown with poisen oak. I got it a few times , itches for a few days some people get it worse than others. you might want to wear gloves. Oh by the way bring flashlights and candles for every member of your party.
The upper entrance is a lttle easier to find than the lower one, but even that one is hard if you dont know where to look. You will come to a sort of depression shaped by rocks at the bottom of this hole is the upper entrance. look for graffeii markings on the rock above the entrance.
Get down on your belly and squeeze thru. You will crawl a few yards and then come to the slide a slab of rock at about a 45 degree angle. Halfway down go to your right through small passage where you can now crouch (stand if your small) just around the corner is stoners den (as stated by the graffeii)
I have had as many as 15 people in the den at one time, some girls too! This was all back in my partying days. On the far side is charlies pipe drilled into a big stone, nice cool hits! candle wax is everywhere. We would bring lots of candles and set them all around the den. There is a place past the pipe where you can see out to the surface if you get on your back and look up, probally clogged by now but your only about 15' under ground.
Its easier to go back out the way you came. If you want to theres another way out. Go to the part of the den that would be down hill from the slope. The 1st obstacle is called the "clit" you will see the resemblance. Squeeze thru the clit and contiune down. I had some overwieght dudes turn around here, its a tight fit. continue down and look for the branch up to your right, you will climb up some boulders twisting arond as you climb and you will come to the lower exit.
This is the only cave in this area that I know of. I think all others are mostly rumors. I would like to know if there are more. Anyone with some real info? I also heard the rumor of an underground river and if you go after a rain storm you can hear water running from in the cave, but weather its just runoff from the hills or some kind a stream who knows? I explored that cave from top to bottom sqeezing into every hole possible but it really doesn't go very far. The trail from the upper entrance to the lower is about it. You can go past the lower exit but not very far.
hope this helps fellow splunkers and new genaration of partiers.

adventuregirl
05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I didn't want to hip you guys to this,,, but various hippies and members of the fountain of the world cult still live in the cave system. All the various "manson caves" people have claimed to have found in the simi hills are part of a larger system of caves. The "sub-caverns" in these caves lead deep down to an ancient river flowing under the rocketdyne facility. The river is extremely polluted from all the testing at the Santa Susana Filed Lab on top of the hills. These cave-people have become slightly mutated over the past 40 or so years , just like residents of nearby communities, except a little bit more pronounced ,(maybe because of closer proximity to pollution sources, or natural evolution of adapting to "cave life" i am not sure which)
Thses people are often seen scavenging above ground in nearby canyons, neighborhoods and hiking trails. If you do some research you'll find reports of residents and hikers seeing "white ,ape-like creatures" moving at very high rates of speed through nearby hills(simi peak, china flat, cheeseboro/palo commado /las virgenes canyons) They walk somewhat like gorillas,, probably from living in narrow underground passages and crawling most of the time, and they are stark white like they rarely see the sun.
The property owners, if you do some research you'll find, know that people still live in the hills and they are slightly afraid but not worried because they keep to themselves. Still, most own guns for protection, and don't venture far into the hills un-armed
No Bull ****. The river is down there if you have the balls to go deep enough into any of the access points.

sounds like this guy watched the "descent" too many times i've hiked into those caves with my brother who use to hang out there back in those days... and ya you get the weird bum or two but nothing crazy like that. if anyone wants to go back there as usual use caution as if any where else you are exploring.

Lizard_Man
05-28-2007, 05:14 PM
You're no fun

Lizard_Man
05-28-2007, 05:16 PM
there is a strange white ape that has been seen in the surrounding hills, I didn't make that part up.

GaryB
05-28-2007, 08:06 PM
there is a strange white ape that has been seen in the surrounding hills, I didn't make that part up.

Shucks, I didn't think anyone saw me that day :o

brian10x
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Is this your white ape? Sorry, that was me, buddy.

GaryB
05-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Stop trying to steal my spot light Brian!

bad bob
05-28-2007, 09:24 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Youse guys quack me up!

Rachel_Henry
08-22-2007, 12:04 PM
oh my gosh! i went to the manson caves like last month!!!!!! it was so freaking awesome.

bad bob
08-22-2007, 02:40 PM
oh my gosh! i went to the manson caves like last month!!!!!! it was so freaking awesome.

Very cul Rach. Jes be gone b4 dark so ya don't be captered by tha smal white ape-like critters, (see skech b-low). :eek:

brian10x
08-22-2007, 07:54 PM
I know a Melvin Manson who once lived in a cave for 2 weeks in high school. That might be his cave.

JeepinAZ
08-29-2007, 11:14 AM
not that I want to get involved in this subject but I have always wanted to see Mansons cabin...anyone know it if is still standing to this day...

brian10x
08-29-2007, 11:59 AM
not that I want to get involved in this subject but I have always wanted to see Mansons cabin...anyone know it if is still standing to this day...

I once had a friend named leroy manson that lived in a cabin with no bathroom. I have directions if you want them!

JeepinAZ
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
ok forget I asked lol:D

barbaratoo
09-11-2007, 09:54 AM
my dauthers and i would like to go to the caves can you please send me directions,
THANK YOU:oiam talking about the caves in simi valley

brian10x
09-11-2007, 06:28 PM
my dauthers and i would like to go to the caves can you please send me directions,
THANK YOU:oiam talking about the caves in simi valley
Thank goodness you asked! There are so many Manson caves, its easy to get confused.
From the main street (clearly marked as such) in Simi Valley:
The Alan Manson caves are located 3 miles after the first left.
The Clyde Manson caves are 2 blocks past the main library then make a sharp left, then follow the signs.
The Elmer Manson caves are 3 miles past the Bohemian district. As you pass the Leroy Liberace fountains, take the fork to the right. Follow the signs.
The George Washington Muhammed Manson caves are behind the Popeye's chicken past the dumpster on the right.
The Latisha Crabtree Manson cave is right before the main drag left as you pass the Mel Torme' statue in bronze of him playing air guitar.
The Nathan Manson cave array can be tricky. As you pass the mummified remains of Tony Orlando to your right, bear left and make a right at the Danny Devito Manson memorial stop sign (Its easy to miss as its very short.) After a mile or two the array should come into view straight ahead. If you see signs for Turnbull Canyon road you've gone too far.
Those are the Manson caves that I know of. I hope I've been some help.

bad bob
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey B... I think ya forgot the Marilyn Manson Musical Seashell Dome, but the directions are further west, so may not be convenient for some visitors. :D

kaos3ce
04-20-2008, 03:09 PM
PAJAHO knows exactly where they are read his post its not BS last time i was there was 1988 me and my friends did our first LSD trip there and Pajaho gave perfect direction there it was private land back then and we had a great time untill about 2 am when a bunch of people in white cloaks and torchs came up we thought they were satan worshipers and bailed

brian10x
04-20-2008, 04:28 PM
PAJAHO knows exactly where they are read his post its not BS last time i was there was 1988 me and my friends did our first LSD trip there and Pajaho gave perfect direction there it was private land back then and we had a great time untill about 2 am when a bunch of people in white cloaks and torchs came up we thought they were satan worshipers and bailed

Next time just relax and stay a while longer. We can get to know each other better that way.

Gravelrash
04-26-2008, 04:17 PM
LOL. You are a dag, Brian!:D

bad bob
05-03-2008, 08:05 AM
That was actually quite well done Brian, white cloaks and torches. You're getting up in miss Laura's ionisphere. :)

teds280z
05-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok no BS are there really Manson Caves? and what is the big deal about them. As usual this is GHOSTTOWNS.COM

brian10x
05-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Ok no BS are there really Manson Caves? and what is the big deal about them. As usual this is GHOSTTOWNS.COM

We usually ignore or make fun of those questions that don't apply to ghost towns, only because the nature of the question is usually pretty juvenile and childish.

Personally, from what I've gleaned here, there are caves in California where the Manson family congregated.

Try your question here: http://www.charliemanson.com/forum.htm

Seeing that it isn't even REMOTELY connected to ghost towns, I've never persued it further.

Like you, I have other interests. I am a member of at least one paranormal forum, and I am sure you will find eager posters willing to answer your "Manson" question elsewhere.

I think I speak for the majority of members here when I say we welcome you with open arms, just keep the topic on ghost towns and we won't have to roll out the heavy artillery.

Joel
05-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, the Barker Ranch did make the news in March.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/28/manson.ranch/index.html?iref=newssearch

bad bob
05-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Brian wrote:
"I think I speak for the majority of members here when I say we welcome you with open arms, just keep the topic on ghost towns and we won't have to roll out the heavy artillery."

"Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choices". <Bogart, African Queen>

teds280z
05-04-2008, 06:02 AM
Yea I do get a laugh at you guys when you bring out the "Big Guns". I really love this site and use it alot with other media when I can get out to the country I love. Thanks to all and I hope someday to be able to meet up.:D

brian10x
05-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Yea I do get a laugh at you guys when you bring out the "Big Guns". I really love this site and use it alot with other media when I can get out to the country I love. Thanks to all and I hope someday to be able to meet up.:D

Yes, please stick around. I need advice from time to time from someone in the mental health field.

Is there any kind of written test you can take to see if you are mentally unstable?

bad bob
05-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes, please stick around. I need advice from time to time from someone in the mental health field.

Is there any kind of written test you can take to see if you are mentally unstable?

Maybe it's just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure you've already passed all the necessary tests B10X. :D

brian10x
05-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe it's just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure you've already passed all the necessary tests B10X. :D

Pass means I'm sane, right?

I'm all confused!

bad bob
05-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Pass means I'm sane, right?

I'm all confused!

Oh yes, I've taken this test many times, and I always come out fine.
http://www.penddraig.co.uk/pen/tests/sanity.htm

brian10x
05-05-2008, 05:37 AM

18.18%

How did I do?

bad bob
05-05-2008, 02:16 PM
18.18%

How did I do?

Well according to the humorous test authors, you're under 20% insane. :)

krawler666
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
ive been in there also and there is no freaky b movie monsters

mainmanwalkin
11-06-2008, 09:42 AM
I thought the Wolfman used to hang out near there in the 70's but it turned out to be Wolfman Jack

teds280z
11-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I remember in the 60's listening to Wolfman Jack In Carson City at night under my covers with a transistor clock radio. Remember those?:eek:

Tommyknocker
11-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Its interesting to me that people are still curious about Charles Manson and his muderous family.After all, these events happened over 35 years ago! Remember finding an old cyanide tank at an old mine area in Death Valley back in the 70's while exploring. The tank had the names of that cult scratched into the iron on the side. I unholstered my Colt Trooper Mk 3 and prompted erased their names with .357 mag bullets! They were bad people then, and are bad people now. Death Valley was and still is a very historical place and advise all parties to visit when they can...well worth the effort!

teds280z
11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
You really are not one of those "people" that goes around shooting up everything. Not good if you are. I take it your joking, of course.:rolleyes:

mainmanwalkin
11-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Tommyknocker, I just hope the cyanide tank was empty before you started shooting it :eek:

xplor'npaul
11-13-2008, 08:24 AM
I certainly hope noone on this site shoots holes in ANYTHING in a ghosttown.

teds280z
11-14-2008, 01:30 PM
That's what i was saying. Thanks Paul.
There is nothing worst than an old car shot full of holes by people that have no respect for our history.:mad:

brian10x
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Its interesting to me that people are still curious about Charles Manson and his muderous family.After all, these events happened over 35 years ago! Remember finding an old cyanide tank at an old mine area in Death Valley back in the 70's while exploring. The tank had the names of that cult scratched into the iron on the side. I unholstered my Colt Trooper Mk 3 and prompted erased their names with .357 mag bullets! They were bad people then, and are bad people now. Death Valley was and still is a very historical place and advise all parties to visit when they can...well worth the effort!

I think the thing is, BAD people are the most interesting. Look at all the stories on Hitler and the Nazis. You can't turn on the tv at night without finding some program devoted to mass murderers or unsolved crimes.

When was the last time Mother Theresa made the news?

vacant minds
11-18-2008, 08:45 AM
When was the last time Mother Theresa made the news?

Who is that?

GaryB
11-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Who is that?

I think she sang in a band in the 60's.

vacant minds
11-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I really had to sit and think about where I heard the name before. It all came to me while at lunch!!

She used to eat babies in the mid 70's. I did a little google searching and found the proof

http://www.monroegallery.com/showcase/images/MotherTheresa.jpg

brian10x
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I really had to sit and think about where I heard the name before. It all came to me while at lunch!!

She used to eat babies in the mid 70's. I did a little google searching and found the proof

http://www.monroegallery.com/showcase/images/MotherTheresa.jpg

Its rare that anyone actually makes me laugh out loud. THAT was funny!

teds280z
11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
You're in vacant minds!!!:D

vacant minds
11-20-2008, 09:37 AM
You're in vacant minds!!!:D

Finally I'm accepted somewhere. YEEEHAWWW!!!

brian10x
11-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Finally I'm accepted somewhere. YEEEHAWWW!!!
Think about it, Vacant.
Do you really want to be accepted by a guy that laughs at the thought of an old woman eating live babies?

Gravelrash
11-23-2008, 08:23 PM

I had trouble with Question 20Are you an Alien?
I believe the jury is still out on that one.

vacant minds
11-24-2008, 06:32 AM
Think about it, Vacant.
Do you really want to be accepted by a guy that laughs at the thought of an old woman eating live babies?

I'm the one that thought that up... Do you really want to accept me?

:rolleyes:

bad bob
11-24-2008, 07:13 PM

What kinda gas mileage does this merry-go-round get? :p

vacant minds
11-24-2008, 08:46 PM

Not nearly as good as my Prius.

bad bob
11-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Not nearly as good as my Prius.

That's probably true VM, but isn't the Prius one of those where you have to mail your luggage if going on vacation? :D

vacant minds
11-25-2008, 05:51 PM
That's probably true VM, but isn't the Prius one of those where you have to mail your luggage if going on vacation? :D

Actually it holds much more than I could ever ask for. 4 of us went camping back in June and we were able to get everything we needed in the back. We did pickup the food when we got to our location though.

I wish it was a little higher though.. With such little ground clearence its hard to where most 2wd's can.

vacant minds
11-25-2008, 05:54 PM
My girlfriend and I also do a lot of traveling for work. We usually take a couple coworkers back to the office when we return and it holds 3 25" suitcases in the back (on their sides).

brian10x
11-25-2008, 07:01 PM

Yes, I do.

brian10x
11-25-2008, 07:03 PM

I hesitate to accept a man that speaks so easily of merry-go -rounds.

vacant minds
11-25-2008, 09:48 PM
The merry-go-round thing isn't so bad.. I once had a boss who collected snow globes. NOW that's weird.

His name is Chad and he also wore a Disneyland jacket. He's since moved back to Atlanta where it's cool to wear touristy crap from the west coast.

Why it was necessary to mention his name I don't know.

bad bob
11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
I hesitate to accept a man that speaks so easily of merry-go -rounds.

Well I have no problem with that, B10X.

As a loner, I tend to get in 80% fewer arguments.

GaryB
11-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Why it was necessary to mention his name I don't know.

Maybe you're Chad, having an identity crisis? :p

vacant minds
11-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe you're Chad, having an identity crisis? :p

God, I sure hope not....

Spannerman8
01-28-2009, 11:34 AM

PLEASE DO. I am coming from England and would love to find them. Martin.

teds280z
01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Hey didn't this happen somewhere on the first page? Spannerman if you do come to that area it looks like there is no specific Manson Cave. Good Luck finding it.:rolleyes:

vortexion
02-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Hello, my girlfriend are going to California next week, and I am excited at the prospect of a visit to the former Spahn Movie Ranch site. Maybe 5 years ago, I was in LA and took a drive by the former site, up Old Santa Susana Pass Rd. My friend and I were really excited to get out and walk around, but were discouraged by the lack of parking options. I've read in other posts that Iverson Rd is the place to park. Looking at Google Maps, I see that Iverson Rd is very narrow, with a narrow bike lane. Is it really safe/legal to park there? My other idea was to go on Sunday morning, and park in the church lot with all of the church goers. I would love any advice anyone could offer (and pics/maps).
I'm also interested in determining the site of the Back Ranch, which is where the family lived after staying in the 'Saloon' for a short while. I have been doing a lot of research, and it looks as though there was once another road that ran parallel to Spahn's house - sandwiched between the house and Old Santa Susanna pass rd. The road led to a bridge, which went over the creek, and onto the back ranch grounds. I'm having a hard time locating where that road was exactly. I have ideas. In Google Earth, there is a little area behind the movie set that now has, what looks to be 5-6 truck cabins parked on it (could this be the spot where the back ranch stood?) I've been researching this for a week, now, with various aerial shots from the 60's (when the ranch still stood) as reference. In all of the aerial shots, everything is visible but the back ranch. How have you guys gone about visiting Spahn's? Any advice? Parking? Back Ranch? I am including links to the Spahn grounds (google earth) containing markers I created of the former buildings. This place fascinates me, and we all need to get there more before the land is bought and dug up. It's our history.
Thanks guys...links below...
- Jono

Spahn Map : http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=106f24a30a&view=att&th=11f75b7b19314979&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=GoogleEarth_Image.jpg&zw

old judge
02-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Please see my last post on Getting There...I'm too lazy to do it again..oops, I guess that's what I accused you of...OJ

32stoud01
10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
the first cave is on clear springs just off santa susana pass. the other cave is across from the the rocky peak church. right across from iverson rd

teds280z
06-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Just read through this thread. This is a ghost town site not caving. what a bunch of idiot newcomers.