PDA

View Full Version : Please help me to find gosttown in Wyoming

PtitMousseDuWeb
07-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi, :)

I'm French (Europe) and I'll go in Wyoming in September 2004. Can't you give me a little list of ghost towns very easy to find. The most nice place. My road will be Salt-Lake City / Jackson / Yellowstone / Grand Teton / Vernal / Moab / Salt Lake City
I'll go to South Pass City.
I would like to see a place with many wooden barn to take nice pictures. Thank's to help me. I love america and american people. I know that you can help me.
See You Soon,
PtitMousseDuWeb :cool:

Ryan Hill
07-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Hi!

Firstly, as a fellow European (British) I suggest that you purchase a standard Highway map for Wyoming and the region. These will often show restored/famous/easily locatable Ghost Towns and sites of historic note, like South Pass City which I have visited. However, you must not explore the mine site as it is private property. The famous 'Mormon Row' ghost settlement in Yellowstone National Park is home to a very pictureque barn which you may wish to visit. An official park map should indicate Mormon Row.

Please visit my web site to explore Wyoming's Ghost Towns county-by-county. Many include photographs:
http://www.hillsghosttowns.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk (http://www.hillsghosttowns.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/)

Good luck with your search!

PtitMousseDuWeb
07-19-2004, 11:51 AM
:cool: Thank's a lot for your help. I'have friends in UK, I love your country and your way of life too.
PtitMousseDuWeb in France :)

Ghosttown Bob
07-22-2004, 05:51 AM
You may want to stop at Piedmont, near Evanston, Wyoming, it is just off the route to Yellowstone. It has some fantastic buildings and a row of charcoal kilns that are very photogenic.

PtitMousseDuWeb
07-22-2004, 02:06 PM
:) Thank's a lot Bob. I'll bought in USA a map of wyoming and I'll go to Piedmont. I'll tell you what I think about this place when I'll return in France.

Next Year I've been in Utah from Mexican Hat to Zion NP (Via Capitol reef, Bryce Canyon) It was fabulous.

See You Soon Bob
PtitMousse :) a French who love USA and american people

thorshammer
07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
You may want to stop at Piedmont, near Evanston, Wyoming, it is just off the route to Yellowstone. It has some fantastic buildings and a row of charcoal kilns that are very photogenic.
I'm looking for any near the Yellowstone area. We'll be there next year, but I want to start planning soon. This is a good start, thanks.