PDA

View Full Version : need help finding ghost towns in nv az ut

vickiwwjd
09-03-2004, 11:08 AM
i live in the las vegas area, and i have a sister comming to visit. we would like to go ghost town
hunting on one day excursions if possible, i have been to calico and otman. can you give me some other locations that we could go to?
i appreciate any help thx

Ghosttown Bob
09-03-2004, 12:14 PM
If you are hunting for one day excursions from Vegas, there are many. There is a virtual cornicopia of places to visit a half dyas journey from Vegas. If I were you take your sister first to Gold Point up towards Goldfield off of Highway 95. Once there hunt up Sheriff Stone (Herb Robbins), he will not only show you around town, but can put you on the track to several other ghosts in the area (Oriental, Gold Mtn., Lida among others).

If that doen't satisfy her, then you can go up north to Delamar & Hiko.

If you want to take her the Utah way, Silver Reef, and Grafton would be the two best bets within a half days drive.

vickiwwjd
09-03-2004, 10:09 PM
thank you, bob she will probably be here in november, i cant wait!

Bob
09-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Don't forget stopping by Rhyolite on your way to Gold Point. For an afternoon drive, go out to the Pioneer Saloon in Goodsprings, a little backroad driving will take you to many ghosts between Goodsprings and Sandy. A trip to Nelson, is also an afternoon drive. Depending on what yur looking for, there are seldom seen ghosts within the Vegas Valley (Bard, Lucky Strike, and Erie come to mind). Places like Elizade offer good phote ops, and there a score of other interesting places within 30 miles of Beatty (Pioneer, Carrara, Flourine are the most interesting). Drop me an email and I send you my home phione, been exploring southern Nevada for over 50 years.

Ghostdancer
09-24-2004, 05:03 PM
For Arizona, Cerbat and Mineral Hill north of Kingman.

Southeast of Kingman is Hualapaui Mansion which is a huge deserted ruin that was home to the owner of the Gold King Mine and worth seeing if you have the time.

Mojave County (http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/azmohave.html)

Tom