PDA

View Full Version : Teller City

Ghosttowns.com
06-19-1998, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Roger

: If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

: Roger

Ghosttowns.com
09-20-1998, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Rob Aneshansel

: : If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

:
: : Roger

Ghosttowns.com
09-20-1998, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Rob Aneshansel

: : : If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

: :
: : : Roger
: I visited Teller City last week. It is located between Rand Colorado and Gould Colorado on the back side of Owl mountain. Most Topo maps show Owl mountain. I'm interested in the hisory of Teller City if you have any. Good luck.

: Rob

Ghosttowns.com
01-27-2000, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by carolb

: : : : If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

: : :

: : : : Roger

: : I visited Teller City last week. It is located between Rand Colorado and Gould Colorado on the back side of Owl mountain. Most Topo maps show Owl mountain. I'm interested in the hisory of Teller City if you have any. Good luck.

: : Rob

Ghosttowns.com
06-09-2000, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Bob Thomas

: : : : If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

: : I visited Teller City last week. It is located between Rand Colorado and Gould Colorado on the back side of Owl mountain. Most Topo maps show Owl mountain. I'm interested in the hisory of Teller City if you have any. Good luck.

: There is a great history of Lulu City and other Mining Districts in a book called "The Poudre a Photo History" by Stanley R. Case. The book is out of print and you can't get through Amazon but you can order it through the Tattered Cover bookstore in Denver.

: To get to Teller City turn south right before the Howling Coyote restuarant in Gould. The signs will take you right to it. Good luck!

Ghosttowns.com
05-06-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Charly

Ghosttowns.com
05-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Charly

: : : : : If anyone knows of the location of Teller city, sister of Lulu City and manhatttan, Pleases E-mail me with info Would love to find the third town of Ben Burnetts involvment in the Northern Colorado Mining Districts.

: : : :
: : : : : Roger
: : : I visited Teller City last week. It is located between Rand Colorado and Gould Colorado on the back side of Owl mountain. Most Topo maps show Owl mountain. I'm interested in the hisory of Teller City if you have any. Good luck.

: : : Rob

:
: O.K. you guys. Here's the real deal on that whole thing. Me & dog, daughter and girlfriend were there in July of '00. Got info and PICS.
: Teller City, turn off at Gould the road turns to sand. Then when you start to climb (you need 4wd or p.u. w/clearance) it's chunks of broken rock, not crushed rock. Pieces big enough to eat your oil pan or tranny. Half the way your looking at the sky then looking at the bottom of the road bed. When we got to the city the road was pretty well maintained. Saw location of hotel and numerous other failed buildings. There was one cabin that the DNR people must have been preping for tourists, new-built condition.
: Lulu is north-northeast if I remember right. I belive that Virginia Dale had some related history to these places.
: Buy me a beer and me and the Dingo will tell you more.

Ghosttowns.com
07-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Linda

Ghosttowns.com
07-09-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Linda

: I also visited Teller City the other day and would like to find out some history on the town.
: Does anyone know of a book I could pick up? Also
: soes anyone know who is erecting the signs and putting in paths in Teller?

: