PDA

View Full Version : any ghost towns for sale

lovewriter
09-14-2004, 09:41 AM
How do i get information about ghosttowns that are for sale? I never get any replies, but one.

My family and I are intersteaded in buying a ghosttown with buildings still there hopefully, even if it is a fixer upper, to turn into a tourist attraction.

Are there still any available at a resonable price, in the mid-west or the west.

Thank you for your time.
lovewriter

Explorer I
09-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi, Lovewriter is my first time in this forum,

yes, belive it or not there is a ghost town for sale
the name of the town is KITSAULT locate it
in BC Canada. According the news the price tag
is CD$ 7 million.

Has 300 home intact, a Mall, Hospital, Pool, Pub,Post office two recreation center seven apartments buildings a grocery store a library
and a 2.4 kilometers of beach. 3.5 hours drive from Terrace in a rough road. Not bad

Streets fairly condition, there is a caretaker full time, there is a power in some areas of the town.

Hey, there are some houses in Whistler that cost 12 to 15 million so, if you have the money, just take adventage in this business. Good luck.

PS: this belongs to the US base mining company
call Phelps Dodge.

:)

dvsww2
09-15-2004, 01:33 PM
The Banner Mine and townsite in Idaho was for sale as I've seen it advertised. It's in a beautiful area but I doubt there would be much access in the winter and summer it's via Forest Service roads. Contact Joe Rohnert realtor@idahojoe.com All I know is that I saw it in the paper, have seen the account on the ghosttown website, but never been there.

Cecile
09-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Ghosttowns can be listed by real estate agencies just like other properties. Check with the ones in the areas you are interested in you might find something.

Remember, even if you have the money to buy a ghosttown, a ghosttown is a big money pit ;)

pamo1957@hotmail.com
09-18-2008, 05:53 AM
My family has a town for sale in South Dakota. Trading Post, Rustic Western Saloon with beer license and a Gas Station/ Convenience Store. Many lots with this in the heart of tourist traffic. For more info, email me!

How do i get information about ghosttowns that are for sale? I never get any replies, but one.

My family and I are intersteaded in buying a ghosttown with buildings still there hopefully, even if it is a fixer upper, to turn into a tourist attraction.

Are there still any available at a resonable price, in the mid-west or the west.

Thank you for your time.
lovewriter

grs345
10-01-2008, 06:24 PM
the modern ghost town of Pleasure Beach, Connecticut in Fairfield County is being sold right now by the two towns that it lies in...

But they are selling it to a US wildlife agency which will tear down the ghost town most likely if they end up buying it.