PDA

View Full Version : directions

ciennas mom
10-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I would like directions for one day trips from Reno/Sparks nv. to ghost towns in Northern Nevada or Northern California. Of course Virginia City is the best but would like something spookier......Ciennasmom

old judge
10-05-2004, 11:41 AM
go to the ghosttowns.com site and take a look at Elko County, NV. That would certainly be my starting place.

Rockcrusher
10-05-2004, 07:43 PM
I would like directions for one day trips from Reno/Sparks nv. to ghost towns in Northern Nevada or Northern California. Of course Virginia City is the best but would like something spookier......Ciennasmom
There are probably 30 or 40 town or settlement sites that are 1 day trips out of Reno/Sparks. You'll probably want to stay in southern Washoe, Storey, Churchill, Carson City, Douglas or Lyon Counties. None of these sites is in the least bit spooky and all of them had a U.S. Post Office at one time. The majority of these places require 4WD for access. Don't go alone . . . I may have to rescue you.

Oh, yeah, Virginia City hardly qualifies as a ghost town anymore but it is a popular tourist trap.

Old Judge is right about Elko County but that's a little more than a 1 day trip.