PDA

View Full Version : Is this what we are looking for?

old judge
10-16-2004, 10:11 AM
What, may I ask, is a ghost town site doing catering to a few folks whose forte seems to be trespass, drinking, evading law, doing drugs, and seeking thrills? This silliness about an old hospital, in which folks obviously died, is sick. Sorry, that's my thought. OJ

Timberwolf
10-16-2004, 11:07 PM
Well, a lot of it has to do with what kinds of posts people choose to respond to. A forum will take on the character of its participants, either through majority, or passion of a few. For some reason the type of behavior you describe seems to be receiving the most responses at this site, while many legitimate opening posts go unanswered altogether. Which indicates to a legitimate user that his/her participation is slight. And that may well be the viewpoint that the majority holds if they value what you describe. So my guess is that either most of the people here care about these kinds of activities, or else a passionate minority cares more strongly about what they want to do and talk about than those who entertain a serious (and legal) interest in history.

In order to change the tide, those who are interested in history need to take a more active role in the discussion, and someone needs to be here to make sure every post by someone with an interest gets answered. Quickly.