PDA

View Full Version : antelope valley;mojave,rosemond and vicinties ghosttowns and abandoned homesteads

countdrakula661
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
This is my first post.I live in the antelope valley i came from south central and love to spend my time exploring my areas. always studing herps and exploring the vast abandoned homesteads in the area many so close that they might as well be a ghost town. one for example is the town of hi vista ive been visiting the area for 13 years and have found so many views if you go visit remember their are alot of rattlesnakes. their iis a stone ranch and other scatered buildings their still are residents but equal emptys i have also came across a old classic cementery of cars a few 30's & 40's .some even complete! a couple of old shwinns. my coolest finds in the desert is a silver cross with emeralds and rubys (found it whie climbing a small crevise of rocks, i seen something dull and i reached and pulled it out),once while out hiking in the desert way outthere there is a shack about 4x8 built beetwen some joshuas and other shrubs on top of one of the beams inside i found a small sachet full of silver coins. another time my wife and i came across a old rock buillding i moved an old appliance and found a old 1940 six pack in exelent condition still with the box closed.i found a stack of newspapers from the 1940's. also in the little rock mountains my son and i while in the suzuki(best ride for desert roads they get narrow sometimes)found a old hotel like with diferent bungalos it was stshed pretty good the road has been covered by growth but if your standing at an angle you can tell it was a road.you could pass that road all yea and miss it i found it by accident the building is detiriorating fast but all naturally.the water tower collapsed and their are no bathrooms in the rooms theirr is an out house nothing in it i think their is also a loby office it still has the counters and the beams in the roof are beautiful i dont like to break nothing up just admire.me and my son swore to secrecy. so far i met one other couple who knew about this place. but they also have not told nobody.as soon as a purchase a camera i will post these beautiful pictures of mines , abandoned homesteads, the hotel ,the town that my family refers to a andy grifith town gone wrong and beautiful views of the history of our desert.is there anybody out there who has found cool spots out here?

TrainsTrains
03-03-2006, 03:04 AM
Hey, I live in the Antelope Valley as well, and I've been looking around for places to go out and explore. Except, I'm really not sure where to go exactly. Now, I've read your entire post, and all of these places sound great, I was wondering if maybe you could give me directions to any of these places. And about the hotel . . . now, I know you're sworn to secrecy, but, is there any possible way that you could maybe give me a slight hint or two of the whereabouts of this place? It sounds so interesting and amazing, and I would love to see it.

coolguy0621
03-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey COUNT D,
I really enjoyed reading about your adventures. I would love to see those pictures too. I have gone exploring a little in the Antelope Valley, but never really found any ruins like that. I've found some awsome hikes and even a couple caves, but I too agreed to keep quiet. Hey thanks again for your post, and happy hunting!

oldCatinAV
11-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Countdrakula... I would love to find out where some of these places are that you are talking about in this thread. I too live out here in the Antelope Valley, and am a amatuer.. But finding old ghost towns and mining towns, the old west has been my passion as a child. My husband and I have been out to Randsburg, but that's about it. I would love to make this a recreational hobby for our family and would love to find out where you went to. Would also love to see some pictures as well. =)

windbreaker
11-10-2007, 08:41 PM
Sure sounds like TOTAL BS to me...

Gravelrash
11-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Where is Antelope valley?

GaryB
11-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Where is Antelope valley?

East of Lancaster & Palmdale, Ca.

I've been to numerous places in the Mojave Preserve. And still haven't seen everything. IMO you could spend a life time there alone searching and finding new things.

Gravelrash
11-13-2007, 02:17 AM
East of Lancaster & Palmdale, Ca.

I've been to numerous places in the Mojave Preserve. And still haven't seen everything. IMO you could spend a life time there alone searching and finding new things.

Thanks Gary.