PDA

View Full Version : Hualapai Mansion

Jeebz
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
I am looking for info on the Hualapai/Gold King mansion. I have looked on the internet but have not found anything can anyone help?

Goat
11-20-2004, 03:00 PM
There is a book by Luis and Paula Vega entitled: "4 Wheel Drive Roads of Mohave County Arizona" that gives directions to it and a brief history of it. It's a pretty complete structure there, and kind of amazing that they built something that size, in a location like that. I haven't been there in a few years, so I don't know if it is still accessible or not.

Goat

old judge
11-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Say Partner: I just googled "Hualapai gold king mansion" and got more information, including location, than I ever wanted. OJ

Ghostdancer
11-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Jeebz,

I visited Hualapai Mansion at the Gold King Mine in April 1992 with two friends.

Trying to recall from memory and looking at my maps - on I-40 there is a road that exits south; I think this is exit 66. This will take you to a dirt road going west that goes right to the Gold King Mine. It's about 15-18 miles.

I would suggest going to a map shop and purchasing the USGS topo map entitled Dean Peak. This route is shown starting nine miles south of I-40 and going to the GKM which is very clearly marked.

If it is still accessable it is worth the trip; the mansion in quite imposing.

Tom

thedude
03-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey guys your info has helped alot, i was wondering though, were is the mansion in relation to the gold king mine?

Ghostdancer
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey guys your info has helped alot, i was wondering though, were is the mansion in relation to the gold king mine?
As I recall it's right there by the mine. Very Close.