PDA

View Full Version : "Ghost and the Paranormal"

Johnnie
11-21-2004, 04:07 AM
Most of us all agree that lot of newbies on Ghosttowns.com that are looking for ghost stories, and the paranormal, and sites to visit, and directries to scary places, Are looking on the wrong web-site. Most of us on This Bulletin Board find all these old mining towns and mining sites interesting not "scary", And we are not looking for ghost towns sites in the city limits like most of the newbies are, But if we do go to these remote sites and there is ghosts there, and we find it scary then that is just an added treat.

There are 10 pages availble with 8 or 10 sites to on each page just catering to the "Ghost lovers" and scary sites to visit. Just go to "Your" Search Engine, and write "Ghost and the Paranormal" you would be amazed at all the web sites that are available on this subject, There is sites on (Ghost and the Paranormal) "Society for the Paranormal" We have noticed that some scary places that are listed on our web-site are listed on these other web-sites and do go into more detail and have more people involed in the same subject, happy ghost hunting.

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
11-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Right on Johnnie and Sheila. OJ

Johnnie
11-25-2004, 05:36 AM
You are all familiar with saying a photograph is worth a 1000 words and we have to agree, photos do put the "frosting on the cake" When we look at all the photos that all you guys, and gals, post up on ghosttowns web site. We just wish we could (learn how) to post our old historical photos. We have so many to share. We have been on this commuter for a while, but just haven't taking the time to learn how to post photogaphs, is it possible for us "old timers" to pick on this "trick" of posting photos. It would make the old west stories we post, so much more interesting. can someone write out step by step process. Or is there to much
involved, to explain or to print out directions over the web? No one we know "close by" knows how to transfer photos on this web site we got all the tools, we think the scanner ect.

Your fellow ghostowners
Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
11-25-2004, 07:10 AM
This site is a little trickier than others that we post to because it limits the size of the photo that you post. Check with the webmaster to get proper size information.
You need to create a new folder on your desktop to save the photos that you scan. (Use the right button on your mouse and click anywhere on your desktop that is blank, go to New, select Folder, then name it "Old Photo's" or whatever you choose.) Your scanner should allow you to set the size that you want the scanned photo to be. The ratio of height to width needs to remain the same or your photo will look strange, there should be a box to check (in the scan software) that indicates you want to retain the size ratio. After you have your photos scanned in to the correct size for this site, post your message and go to additional options below this message box. Select manage attachments. A box will come up that allows you to "Browse" your computer for the file that contains your photos. As I recall you can only attach 5 photo's at a time. Just send us an e-mail if there is other help you need that I might be able to furnish.
The Old Judges Bride. PS. While we're talking Photos, check out Bruce's post on Jerome in "Other". Click on "Photos" in his last post for some pics of our September trip out west. OJ

Johnnie
11-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Thanks a million, O.J. for taking the time to help us we will try just what you suggested, when we get some time.

Thanks again
Sheila & Johnnie

Ghosttowns.com
11-25-2004, 02:18 PM
If you are wanting to post photos on ghosttowns.com you need to first scan them and then email them to ghost@ghosttowns.com along with the captions for each photo :)

ghost_town_huntress
12-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Shouldn't this topic be "Ghosts and the Paranormal" rather than "Ghost and the Paranormal"? LOL, sorry, just being my usual grammatical, nerdy self!

Rachel ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

old judge
12-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Huntress: For a thread about posting pics, your post was a real thread killer. But, now that I understand your background, you deserve to be forgiven. Actually, the thread started differently, and evolved. Any more thoughts about posting pics? I'm still looking for some from Johnnie and Sheila. OJ

Johnnie
12-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Huntress: For a thread about posting pics, your post was a real thread killer. But, now that I understand your background, you deserve to be forgiven. Actually, the thread started differently, and evolved. Any more thoughts about posting pics? I'm still looking for some from Johnnie and Sheila. OJ
Hello! O.J. and fellow ghostowners, Photos still pending, but will try to find time to figure out how to tackel this project, And post these great photos We have had weddings, had to help sick relatives, the list goes on. Bear with us we will get to it soon.

Johnnie & Sheila