PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Ghost Town Rallies

old judge
12-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Hey Cat and Huntress: Let's get off that 2004 thread and look to next year. Cat - Re-post your earlier post. Rachel - do the same. Me, I prefer New Mexico, but you guys are doing fine. That Eastern Nevada thought is great. Colorado, I'm not so excited about. Old Judge

ghost_town_huntress
12-20-2004, 10:41 PM
I think I mentioned something about wanting to see the Old Hundred Mine in Colorado and I can't wait until next year's rallies, especially Bodie ( I think we're going to Bodie, aren't we? I know Cat mentioned something about we'll be in the area).

Rachel ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

ghost_town_huntress
12-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh, and someone mentioned something about New Mexico? That sounds awesome too, as long as it's a bit further south. I was in New Mexico for about seven weeks a couple of years ago (hubby was working down in Farmington) and there aren't any good ghost towns around there, but further south there are some awesome ones. I have a good New Mexico ghost town book that I purchased while I was there, "New Mexico's Best Ghost Towns" by Philip Varney. I hear Chloride's really cool. But I'm up for ghost towning pretty much anywhere, as long as my bad back will permit it.

Rachel ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Mikejts
03-19-2005, 03:12 PM
old Judge - What is wrong with Colorado. Check out my site and pictures.
http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com/index.htm I got to believe you will change your mind. I have not even scratched the surface when it comes to Colorado Ghost towns.

Rocky

old judge
03-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Mike: You're right, of course. Probably put my mouth in gear before I engaged my brain. Colorado is a beautiful state with wonderful things to see. I have visited your website in the past and have it among my favorites. Will certainly spend more time there the next time I make a trip which includes Colorado. I have found New Mexico and Nevada easier to navigate, but that's probably just me. Keep up the work on a great site. OJ

Mikejts
03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
Mike: You're right, of course. Probably put my mouth in gear before I engaged my brain. Colorado is a beautiful state with wonderful things to see. I have visited your website in the past and have it among my favorites. Will certainly spend more time there the next time I make a trip which includes Colorado. I have found New Mexico and Nevada easier to navigate, but that's probably just me. Keep up the work on a great site. OJ
I appreciate the kind words. Sometimes when putting a site together as a hobby you wonder if anybody appreciates the effort.