PDA

View Full Version : The search for the ghost town "Lilac" is still in progress

Johnnie
12-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Please go to the subject above (Historical Ghost Town and Historical Sites)after you read this posting.

Then go to our fellow ghosttowner Craig, "Request" (Is there any good ghosttowns to visit in the San Diego area)

And then the posting that John Jay, and what Sheila and I wrote,in return, was about this interesting ghost town site of "Lilac" north of San Diego, California.

We put this posting in this catagory, because all us fellow ghosttowners want to know where this ghosttown is, and directions to this old site. "Dezdan" gave us a starter in his posting 3 years ago, Could anyone come up with any more new information.

Happy Holidays
Sheila & Johnnie

Johnnie
11-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Please go to the subject above (Historical Ghost Town and Historical Sites)after you read this posting.

Then go to our fellow ghosttowner Craig, "Request" (Is there any good ghosttowns to visit in the San Diego area)

And then the posting that JohnJay, and what Sheila and I wrote,in return, was about this interesting ghost town site of "Lilac" north of San Diego, California.

We put this posting in this catagory, because all us fellow ghosttowners want to know where this ghosttown is, and directions to this old site. "Dezdan" gave us a starter in his posting 3 years ago, Could anyone come up with any more new information.

Happy Holidays
Sheila & Johnnie

New Oct. 06 post*** wondering if there is any new updates?

Just wanted to know if anyone ever found where the ghost town of Lilac was located?

Over the years. Our family spent a weekend trying to locate the Lilac site, back in the eary 1990s but failed to find the exact loation.

We are sure we got very close to the area of Lilac, but beause of all private property signs, posted everywhere, we turned around and gave up the search and landed up in Julian, And never did find the Lilac, town Site.

But do remember finding the local bakery in Julian, and picking up some of those famous Julian, apple pies, to bring home. :D

so the trip to San Diego area ghost towns was not complete floop.

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
11-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Johnnie: Looks to me like a perfectly good and easy to follow map to Lilac on www.topozone.com (http://www.topozone.com) . Unless it's the wrong Lilac. Mike

Johnnie
11-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Johnnie: Looks to me like a perfectly good and easy to follow map to Lilac on www.topozone.com (http://www.topozone.com) . Unless it's the wrong Lilac. Mike

Thanks O J we will check that
out.

We found a reference to this old west town in a old ghost town book 25 years ago and don't remember what book it was or where to find it again. But it sounded interesting enough to try to locate it.

But we love to find out some history on this site.

We don't know if it was a mining town, or a faming town, or rmaybe it was just tradeing post,

It's just one of those burning questions, and mysterys that we have not solved as yet. :(

Sheila & Johnnie