PDA

View Full Version : More Than Floodwaters & Flowers in Death Valley

Cecile
04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
There's more to this story coming in the next few days, but for now here's a little teaser for you guys. Go to my April website www.explorehistoricalif.com

old judge
04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Cecile: I'm sure lookin' forward to the rest o' the story. Old Nessie's kept me fascinated for years. Some time back I myself was scoutin' around Death Valley. As I recall, I was out west of 178 near the Marsh. The Bride wasn't with me on that trip, so I was kinda on my own. Just after one of those oh so occasional storms, I found myself stranded fer a piece. Real late one evenin', nigh about eleven or so, I looked up and saw the darndest sight. Old Nessie, right there in Death Valley, swimmin' in the Marsh. Figured until now I was the onliest one ever seen her. Well, I was scared and taken aback, and I threw that empty Vodka bottle at 'er with everything I had. That's about all I remember 'til I woke up about dawn, and old Nessie had hightailed it back to the motherland. Glad to know I ain't the only one seen 'er. Thought it might have been my imagination or something. Old Judge

Bob
04-04-2005, 11:46 AM
;) Cecile

Iím going to have to bundle all I know about my childhood friend Rosie McDonald I knew her in the twilight of her life, as a young boy to whom she confided great stories. I was the only person who didnít get drunk at her wake, mainly because I was only about five years old. So the story goes she was the first women ever tried (and quickly acquitted) for murder in the State of Arizona and she prospected and mined most of her life in that area between Fort Mohave, Arizona and Searchlight, Nevada. Sadly, the only other person I know who can shed light on her life is fellow historian and Searchlight resident, Harry Reid and he is a bit busy with his day job. This is not a April First story, but a saga much like your story of Ms White.