PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Oregon Mine near Calico,Ca

smilinglady13
04-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell us the location of the start of the trail to the Oregon Mine out of Odessa Canyon? We would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Dezdan
04-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I take it your a Geocacher? I can't help you with GPS coords, but I can describe it in good detail if it would help you.

smilinglady13
04-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi,
Thank you so much........we have the GPS cooordinates but could only get below the mine in the canyon and never found the trail to go up to it.
We would appreciate the details.
Smilinglady

Dezdan
04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Been a few years, but here is what I can remember:

Coming from the north down the canyon, you will pass a 'V' shaped tailings pile on your right that extends to very near the edge of the road. Right after this tailings pile the road splits briefly and then comes back together before a curve in the road around a bend. I can't remember how far after, but after the bending you will see a very rocky road heading off Odessa Canyon Rd. to the right (west). Follow this short road which will take you up to a flat area with a few mine entrances where you can park (assuming you drove down the canyon). From the south end of this flat spot the trail you want to follow heads south. Hope this helps!