PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Arizona

acecomike
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Just thought I'd help get off the G H subject.
I'm moving to the Phoenix, AZ. area (Glendale) and would like to do some exploring once I get settled in. Any suggestions? Thanks, ACE

acecomike
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Thanks Flatiron, I'll give a shout out when I get there. I just hope i can stand the heat long enough to enjoy some of those places.

old judge
04-07-2005, 05:16 AM
Ace: It won't get really hot for another few days. OJ

acecomike
04-07-2005, 07:49 AM
Ya I know, it's a dry heat (til' the t-storms roll in)

Mikejts
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I will be there tonight. I will tell the truth. When I lived in AZ I used that line all the time "Dry Heat" .

Ghosttowns.com
04-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Ha - it is a dry heat - Ill take az at 110 dry anyday over missouri or florida at a suffocating 85 with 95% humidity... :)

acecomike
04-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks guys, I feel better already. I did spend some time there last year (although for no more than a week at a time) So I kinda know what to expect. Anyhow, my talents are needed and I must answer the calling. And what the heck,I get to check out some new places! ACE

Mikejts
04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Got of the plane this afternoon late and hit the wonderful dry heat. It was only about 90 but a real dry heat. I agree that 90 in AZ is better than 90 in MN, FL, MO and lots of other high humidity places. Colorado is still better as it is a more temperate climate, the Humidity is not high (although the altiutude is) and the bugs are not plentiful. Give me CO over AZ any day.

Mikejts
04-13-2005, 01:26 PM
I lived in AZ for about 15 years. Spent many days exploring and I did like it. I have spent nights in a sleeping bag on the "Rim", also around Flagstaff, Canyon De Chelly, Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Bradshaw’s, vulture mine, Superstitions, Four Peaks, Tombstone etc. etc. Still too hot the majority of the time.

The Colorado plains don't thrill me either. I was out there a couple weekends ago photographing ghost towns. I do enjoy walking the Santa Fe trail across the plains.

Mikejts
05-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, In case you are interested I loaded 7 Colorado Plains Ghost towns onto my site this weekend. Got to much snow lately to go where I wanted so I wasted a weekend on the Plains.