PDA

View Full Version : Downieville, CA

CoffeeMate
04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
This is going to sound very strange, but...

About three years ago I made a trip through Downieville, CA. I'd never been there before and had no clue as to what the history was. As I was in a little restaurant there waiting for my food, I began to get a horrible feeling, as though (and here's the really weird part) someone else was in my body...that's not explaining it very well, but it's the best I can do. I knew that I had to get out of the town quickly. As I crossed over a bridge, the worst part of the experience hit me, and I thought I was going to go insane right there...like I wasn't going to be able to leave after all. Hours later, after the town was long behind me, I finally felt "normal" again.

It wasn't until I was back home that I read about Juanita, the Mexican girl who killed an Australian man and how she was hung (hanged?) from a bridge in Downieville.

Okay, call me crazy -- though I'm not. I will never go to Downieville, or even close, again. Does anyone else ever get these strange feelings?

aZhE
12-20-2005, 08:41 PM
I wonder which restaurant this person is talking about... I love having lunch in Downieville!