PDA

View Full Version : "Ghost Towns" On The History Channel

Johnnie
05-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Update, on the segment devoted to "Ghost Towns" on the History Channel, Out here in California it will be on at 12:00 Noon Saturday, And the name of the program is.

"Wild West Tech."

This is what the T V Guide said, Out of hundreds of Frontier Towns in the old west only a handful survived.

Your fellow ghosttowners
Johnnie & Sheila

deshawn70
05-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks! I was not aware of the show coming on. Now I can keep an eye out for it.

Johnnie
05-21-2005, 05:05 AM
The "Segement" On Frontier Minning Towns
is on @ 12:00 Noon on the Hisory Channel Today

The Title of the Program is "Wild West Tech".

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
J & S

Johnnie
05-22-2005, 05:37 AM
The "Segement" On Frontier Minning Towns
is on @ 12:00 Noon on the Hisory Channel Today

The Title of the Program is "Wild West Tech".

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
J & SFor you fellow ghosttowners that were luckie to watch the segment on the "Rise and Fall" of the early Frontier Towns of the old west, There was a small segment on the "Frontier Newspapers" the subject that i wrote about the other day in the "Suggestions and Comments Forum" It was noted in the program that "Frontier Newspapers" played a big part in the building of every new Frontier Town.

In the buiding of ever new town there was a few men that they called "Boosters" that helped permote the new settlement, and that was through the local "Newspaper" In the segment they showed how newspapers offices were started, and how some artist would have to engrave in wood or metal blocks "backwards letters" and place them into holders that spelled out the words then they would put the holder onto a sheet of paper then take a roller or a press that would inprint the words onto the paper.

Later on we will post some more interesting facts about the "Newspapers" of the old west. And how American Indian had their own Newspaper.

Your Fellow Ghostowner
Johnnie & Sheila