PDA

View Full Version : "Ghost Towns" Program # 2 On The History Channel

Johnnie
05-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Another "Ghost Town" Program is on this Saturday May 28th. on the (History Channel) 8:00 P. M. / 7:00 P. M. Central. Check your T. V. Guide and service provider in your City & State. In Southern California the program is on @ 5 P. M. Saturday.

Look for this program in your T. V. Guide
(Save Our History) "GOLD RUSH GHOST TOWNS"

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
Johnnie & Sheila

Johnnie
05-28-2005, 04:32 AM
Another "Ghost Town" Program is on this Saturday May 28th. on the (History Channel) 8:00 P. M. / 7:00 P. M. Central. Check your T. V. Guide and service provider in your City & State. In Southern California the program is on @ 5 P. M. Saturday.

Look for this program in your T. V. Guide
(Save Our History) "GOLD RUSH GHOST TOWNS"

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
Johnnie & SheilaDon't miss this great program today on "Ghost Towns" of the American West 5:00 Pacific Standard Time on the "History Channel."

Complete history on the mining towns that started the stanpede to the the " Gold Fields" and the expansion of the Western Territory of our United States.

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
Sheila & Johnnie

caver
05-29-2005, 12:12 PM
It was decent program especially since I was in Garnet last year.

A write up on the filming of this program.
http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2004/10/25/news/top/news01.txt
The part where the mine had an underground hoist works was really interesting.
I don't recall the name of the mine.
They also had a clip of a restored stamp mill running off an old one cylinder engine. Anther
part they visited an old machine shop that was responsible for making many of the parts
for the mines. Again I don't recall where this was at as I think I dozed off during the commercial and awoke when this segment had just started.

Cecile
05-29-2005, 01:28 PM
The stamp mill and iron foundery were both in California's 49'er gold rush country. I believe the stamp mill was the Kentucky mine, but I'm not absolutely positive. The foundery was the Knight Foundery in Sutter Creek. I have been to both, but don't remember the foundery being open to the public.

The only fault I had with the documentary, was calling Bodie a Gold Rush town. The "gold rush" was in 1849 on the western side of the Sierra Nevadas. Bodie was discovered long after the gold rush, and is on the eastern side of the Sierras. Other than that, and wanting to see more California mining towns because I'm partial to them, it was great.

I also enjoyed the Mountain Men documentary that followed. If the mountain men hadn't forged the way across the United States, there may never have been a gold rush!

Johnnie
05-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Don't miss this great program today on "Ghost Towns" of the American West 5:00 Pacific Standard Time on the "History Channel."

Complete history on the mining towns that started the stanpede to the the " Gold Fields" and the expansion of the Western Territory of our United States.

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
Sheila & JohnnieThe

The "Ghost Town" segment on this last weekend was very interesting, as our fellow ghosttowners stated, But we do agree with Cecile, we wish they showed more ghost towns film footage, of mining towns in California, and other western states. Hopefully we will be lucky enough to find out in advance when ghost town related programs will be aired in the upcoming months.

In the pass several years we have been very lucky to have viewed several programs on ghost towns but found out that they are not always on the History Channel, sometimes the programs are on the (H GTV) Channel, or (A & E) or the (Travel Channel) So if we all keep a look out on these channels, that would be great and this way we won't miss any of these great ghost towns programs.

Your Fellow Ghosttowners
Sheila & Johnnie