PDA

View Full Version : Dolores Steele contact me

Susan
06-24-2005, 08:42 AM
I would like the photographer on the Central City, Colorado section to contact me regarding the location of the Central City Cemetery. I am looking for an ancestor buried there in 1863 and I want to hike the cemetery. All I can find are church cemeteries in Central City.

Where is the Central City Cemetery?
Thanks, Susan Buck7rector@hotmail.com

Mikejts
06-25-2005, 10:27 AM
Susan,

What is the ancestors name? Did you look at the 3 cemetaries at the top of the hill just north and west of Central City? They are on the road to Apex. With 7 cemetaries it is not hard to understand why you are having trouble. The photos you are refering to are of the cemetary at the top of the hill. Just take the road past the opra house and keep going out of town. you will come to a fork in the road. The right side goes to Apex the left takes you around to Nevadaville. It is at the fork in the road you will find the cemetary pictured. If you look close you will find 2 more cemetaries in that same area. I have been to the area on numerous occasions. Although I have not posted pictures of Central City on my site I am fairly familar with the area.

Here are specific directions.
Just follow Eureka street past the opera house and when you get to the top by the cemeteries the road forks, (there are three cemeteries at the top of a hill).Let me know if this helps.