PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Aurora?

Flatiron
07-18-2005, 07:44 PM
qwerty67u89

Johnnie
07-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Way to go, Flatiron Yes! the road to Aurora, is still bumpy, as it was for the pioneers sometimes bumps in thr road are welcome on our way to these ghost towns.

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I've noticed that the Old Road to Aurora is not so bad in the daytime, when you can avoid the washouts and potholes, but things really do tend to go bump in the night. Haven't been up there recently though. OJ

Johnnie
07-20-2005, 03:38 AM
I've noticed that the Old Road to Aurora is not so bad in the daytime, when you can avoid the washouts and potholes, but things really do tend to go bump in the night. Haven't been up there recently though. OJYea! O. J. your right the road to these ghost towns in the daytime are clear of most of the problems as you stated, But the varmits seem to always come out at night and do stand in the way as we zoom down the road on our way to these ghost towns. Thats when we wish they would run off like "most" scared jackrabbits always do, But no they just sit there hypnotize, and inturn make these roads to our ghost towns very bumpy indeed.

Johnnie & Sheila

High Desert Drifter
07-20-2005, 07:25 PM
The road to Aurora on blm-028 from hwy-338 near the Ca/Nv state line is a well graded and maintained road. will take you in at Fletcher Site.

if you decide against the rocks and ruts of the old Bodie/Aurora Wagon Road.

Dezdan
07-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Is that the one that crosses and then parallels the Walker 'River' for a short distance?

~Dezdan

Flatiron
07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Dezdan..............Yes, it is. Great spot to fish, but make sure you have a Nevada fishing license, and barbless hooks, artificial lures, etc. ...........

High Desert Drifter
07-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Yes this road crosses the Walker River. Awesome place to camp and fish as the old Elbow Stage Site. Lots of Water, Trees and shade. Its like an Oasis in the Baron Desert. I try to camp here whenever possible.