PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton

old judge
07-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Anybody been up the road to Hamilton lately? Bump, bump, bump??? OJ -------By the way Johnnie, you've exceeded the storage limit for private posts and can't receive any more 'til you tend to business.....

Bob
07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
The main road in from Illipah was in good shape last time I drove it. I'd advise against taking the road up Truckee Canyon From Belmont Mill to Swansea (You turn east near the summit and come into Hamilton from the West) but the road is not in good shape. If you leave Hamilton up over the hill, take turn south toward Swansea when you iintercept the Belmomt Mill/Swansea road but be prepared to turn back whichever way you go. The main road south out of Hamilton is almost as good as the main road from Illipah and you can follow it all the way out past Treasure Hill, and Eberhardt, and out of the mountains (down Catheral Canyon to be exact) with a high clearance vehicle like a pickup. My personal favorite and to me, the neatest road, is the very narrow road following the old pipe line up from Illipah Creek. This route will always be an adventure, as anything wider than a jeep is in trouble in a couple place :)

Flatiron
07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Don't we all like to get off on all those bumpy roads? Good job ,OJ.

GaryB
07-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I came out on the Illipah road from Hamilton last summer. It's a "maintained" road so it should be in decent shape in most weather and times of the year. IIRC it was two lane graded from 50 to Hamilton. I came in from Cathedral Canyon (or abouts) though which isn't bad until you get off of the main travel section (ranches) to Hamilton. That's a tricky stretch. Not too bad if you have a good 4X. But I wouldn't have a trailer in there.

BTW, If you come across a small abandoned trailer with no axle on that road, kick it for me ;) .

Johnnie
07-22-2005, 02:39 AM
Anybody been up the road to Hamilton lately? Bump, bump, bump??? OJ -------By the way Johnnie, you've exceeded the storage limit for private posts and can't receive any more 'til you tend to business.....
Taking Care Of Business was sure in order Thanks O. J.

Johnnie

old judge
07-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys. And you're welcome Johnnie. Bump, bump, bump. OJ
.....and Johnnie, your in-basket is still full. Do you need guidance??? Or are you just that popular??? Mike