PDA

View Full Version : Brio Toxic Texas

Punkydoodles
08-05-2005, 12:05 PM
I just heard of this "ghost town" last night in my stastics class in a building just down the road. I drive by the clean up sign two or three times a week and never knew or understood what it was. My curiousity was piqued and I can't seem to find much information on this place... other than what was given on here and the ghost town website. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm particularly curious about how and why they noticed that something was wrong. ie: information about people who began to get sick, died, ect. Where did these people go? I'm curious to see if they have experienced any long-term side effects from their exposure. During a google search I found a post in here from someone how used to live in the neighborhood but when I clicked on it, the link was broken...That's how I stumbled into this forum. Thanks for any help!!!! I've enjoyed reading about ghost towns!!! Most Fascinating!!!!

Sarah

Bob
08-05-2005, 12:19 PM
That was a somewhat controversial superfund site Add the word EPA to BRIO TOXIC or BRIO REFINERY or BRIO REFINING and you will have a plethora of information.

Punkydoodles
08-05-2005, 12:37 PM
thanks for the tip, but I still can't find what I am really looking for. Oh well, I guess it will just consume my weekend. Any idea where to find journal articles written about the illnesses and such????

Sarah

Bob
08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I am aware that there was off-site migration of “people and environmentally unfriendly” compounds. I understand those compounds were getting into streams and other surface water. I have heard of those compounds being found in nearby fish but I am unaware of any effected humans, anyway, nothing like Love C**** or such. Try adding NPL, HARMED, or “Toxic effects” and such to your searches. Most, if not all of the cleanup is public record!

Wish I could be or more help, that site was "cleaned up" over 15 years ago. If you come across a term that is confusing, drop me an private message. I work with several "experts" and can get the answer if I don't know it!

heavystrings13
11-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I grew up in this neighborhood and I always felt a strange presence. Maybe it was because I was a kid, who knows.I still often have nightmares about it and find myself wanting to go back and see if the tree me and my Dad planted is still there, although all the houses have been torn down it seems. I have a lot of memories there and it feels as they are locked in cell.

Chris
#### Southbrush St.
Southbend subdivision

Vulture
11-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I was in a similar snit...switched to super slinky's, bad dreams go. now jus tickels...

>

UrbEx
12-24-2010, 08:13 PM
me and some of my bros did some UrbEx and found remains of houses,buildings,several baseball fields,shacks,parking lot,signs,poles,streets, of course its all run down like crazy but its spooky and crazy that its all just left there

drinks,equipment,cars!,bikes,gear.

spooky,and i live right behind it lol