PDA

View Full Version : im new here

CRs
08-09-2005, 09:48 PM
ok so im new here as you can all figure out LOL

i got in to the old gost towns when i lived in MOAB UT and wanted to shair this with my new famly but not shure where to go we travel a lot with my wifes 4WD club so im all over the state of oregon

but i dont even know whre to start looking in oregon for them

i have the rig and equpment to go aney where
just not shure where to look

so now that i have babbled im off to read but if aney one has ides in all for it

Flatiron
08-10-2005, 03:22 AM
i'm shure OJ ken tell u wair to go. he's reely good at lokating gost towns ans ken git u to the rite spot. gud luck.

CRs
08-10-2005, 06:36 AM
cool i look forwrd to getting the famly out and seeing soem history we go every weekend on a wheeling trip but it time to show the boy some history befor its all gone

here is a pic of my rig and one of what it will look like next month pictures taken from a typical weekend with our famly

http://ravenoffroad.com/gallery/06-18-05_FirefoxWP/images/camera_106.jpg

http://ravenoffroad.com/gallery/07-17-05_Ladies_Run_TSF/images/100_0458.jpg

old judge
08-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Flatiron flatters me. But welcome Pilgrim..By finding this site, you're on the right track. My advice is to learn your way around this site, mix with a little GNIS, Topozone, Mapquest, Terraserver, etc. And follow that great advice to which all lawyers cling......LET NO ONE ELSE'S WORK EVADE YOUR EYES.....PLAGIARIZE, PLAGIARIZE, PLAGIARIZE....OJ

CRs
08-10-2005, 12:42 PM
soulds like a plann

so far i have found a lot of good info here and hope to find much more

Flatiron
08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I'm glad to see there's some young families out there that are still interested in our history and enjoy exploring the backcountry. Have fun out there and pass all that knowledge on to the little ones. They're the ones that will keep the past alive, much like the folks who frequent this site. If not for the likes of OJ, yet another Bob, Johnnie and Sheila, Dezdan, Cecile, Mikejts, High Desert Drifter, Cat and Ripley, Shawn Hall and others, the ghost town and mining camp history would be gone forever. Let us all know about your adventures...................

CRs
08-10-2005, 07:39 PM
yep we do what we can to teach our sont the meaning of life

we do every thing from showing him around this great country to having him help with our manny community evens we do with my wifes 4X4 club adopt a rod we sponser a famly for thnaksgiving and christmass so he mabie will grow up to be a well rounded kid

Ghostdancer
08-16-2005, 07:57 AM
CRs,

On a return trip from Seattle I visited Whitney in Baker County, Oregon and submitted photos to this site. That's an interesting site and just right off the highway so you can't miss it. I also visited Garnett.

Tom

CRs
08-18-2005, 06:39 AM
thanks for the heads up ill check it out

CRs
06-12-2006, 08:58 AM
well im back after a short lack of computer and a nice divorce im back

Dezdan
06-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Welcome back! I hope you got to keep the 4Runner! ;)

~Dan

Flatiron
06-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Good to hear there's such a thing as a "nice" divorce. Welcome back Pilgrim, as OJ says.:D

CRs
06-13-2006, 06:05 AM
ya its where you and your ex can just say hay this has been great but we make beter friends living in diffrent houses ill take my stuff you take your stuff whats left well i dont want that you can have it