PDA

View Full Version : Friends of Bodie Day

Cecile
08-10-2005, 07:44 AM
By God I'm going to Bodie this weekend & it's Friends of Bodie Day! Late notice on this, but if you happen to be in the area & want to attend you canjoin the Friends when you get there & sign up for the event. I'm really looking forward to this!

Friends of Bodie Day 2005

The Annual
Friends of Bodie Event
will be held
August 13, 2005

This years theme promises a day full of fun...

"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Daytime events include
live music & poetry by Richard Elloyan
living history presentations, mule teams and special tours...
including the re-enactment of the famous
Owyhee-Jupiter Mining Claim Dispute

You don't want to miss Richard Elloyan's
last performance at 4:30
Dinner will be served at 5:30
with a "special" cemetery tour to follow...

BBQ Dinner Reservations
$15 per person
At least one person per party must be a member of Friends of Bodie.
You may purchase dinner for your family/guests.

A limited number of meals will be available for people who join Friends of Bodie on August 13th, and for those who missed the August 5th deadline.

Choose: STEAK, CHICKEN or VEGGIE Burger
Mail check payable to:

Friends of Bodie
P.O. Box 515
Bridgeport, CA 93517

Cecile
08-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Flatiron,

Unless my calendar is wrong, August 13th is Saturday. Hope to see you! We will be coming from Mammoth Saturday morning, visit Chemung & Masonic then get into Bodie for the event. Hope to see you guys!

Cecile
08-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Great! I'll bet I see you at Chemung or somewhere on the road to Bodie. We're going to take a leisurely morning heading from Mammoth after breakfast to Chemung & Masonic then getting in to Bodie around lunch time. We may all wind up together, huh?

We're a green Toyota Forerunner, a black Toyota Tacoma, & a White Mercedes SUV (whatever they are called, I don't know). Our Forerunner has magnetic Explore Historic California signs on the door. Hopefully Marty in the Tacoma will remember to put his signs on. And that reminds me I've got to make a magnetic bumper sticker for Maria in the Mercedes. You'll know me - I'm the dumb blonde in the group :D

We have both cb's and ham radios - do you?