PDA

View Full Version : Aurora, Nevada

Flatiron
08-14-2005, 03:52 AM

Bob
08-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I know it is a few years old but a trip by the court house in hawthorne might be even more trouble.

Try this BLM prepared list:
http://www.nbmg.unr.edu/scans/0410/04100063.pdf

haven't been there in a while but I suspect that if it is really active mining on public land (not patented land) and the proper paperwork and Plan of Operation has been filed, the person or company can post such signs on public land. To verify that, swing by the BLM office in Carson City to verify the validity of such action.

High Desert Drifter
08-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Im not sure which road you were using to try and access the site of Aurora but Aurora townsite itself is not on private property. I do remember seeing some No Trespassing signs up that way posted by the current mining company that is mining just 1/2 mile North of the Aurora town site. Just continue up the road from Fletcher and take the road to the right towards the cemetary to avoid actually entering their claimed site. Their first security guard shack is about 50 yards beyond your right turn towards the cemetery. One at the cemetery proceed South down in to the Aurora townsite. I also noticed some No Trespassing signs posted by the current ranch company now running the historic "Nine Mile Ranch" as well as the abandoned ranches near the "Kirkwood Springs" on the Mono Basin. These gates and signs are here to keep their cattle in. According to the Bridgeport Ranger District and the Mono Basin Historical Society, this ranch company only has grazing rights here. the land is owned by the BLM. You are allowed to access as long as you close the gate behind yourself as not to let their cattle out.

Fuzzman
10-21-2005, 09:56 AM
"These gates and signs are here to keep their cattle in." Not to be funny or anything, but I didn't know cattle could read.
Intrepid --- Fuzzy