PDA

View Full Version : Nv Hwy 895

desertjac
08-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Folks,

What Can Anyone Tell Me About The Northern Part Of Nevada Hwy 895 Thru Ghost Towns Of Schellbourne, Siegel, Aurum, Muncy And Piermount, Traveling North To South In Early October. Is There Anything Left To See To Make It Worth The Side Trip.

I Will Be Traveling In A Two Wheel Drive One Ton Pickup Towing A Jeep.

Thanks,
Jac

GaryB
08-19-2005, 03:33 PM
I think you mean SSR 893? Don't know of a 895 route myself. I've been on the road from 50 to 93 and it's pretty well taken care of with the ranches in the area. Well graded and asphalt most of the way on the east side of Schellbourne range. Traveling it should be cake. As far as the towns, I'm not sure. Haven't made it to any in that valley yet except Osceola. Osceola is neat but there are new miners up there, so they might not like tourists. Cleve Creek is a great free camping area if you don't mind driving back in the 12 miles or so to it. Good creek fishing last time I was there too. There are the BLM camp spots just as you drop into the creek and more up stream that are natural including one that drops down into the creek and is well hidden from the road. The whole range has very good side trails that have great views if nothing else. Lots of animals running around too.