PDA

View Full Version : Bayhorse, Idaho Yankee Fork Mining District

ohlode
08-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Would like to correspond with persons familiar with or interested in Bayhorse, Idaho and/or the Ramshorn and Beardsley Mining Groups. The state of Idaho is currently in the process of evaluating a purchase of the property in order to restore and open this incredible group of mines plus the Bayhorse town and millsite to the general public. Studies are on going. I have much historical data (primary source) contained in a document archive and will share information. I am in contact with a few descendants of the original miners and Bayhorse residents. Would especially like to hear from more people with historical ties to either the mines or the town.

ghostrider
08-16-2005, 08:03 PM
:p ive ben through that area a few times explorin.....that was mostly dredge mining on the river there.....that whole area iz a huge mess......from the dredging....but the old ghostowns are pretty kool....still buildings standin in bayhorse.........

ohlode
08-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the reply. Bayhorse canyon was pretty much all hard rock or lode mining. Dredging was indeed in the area along the Salmon River which is at the mouth of Bayhorse canyon. (about 4 miles down the canyon from the town; Bayhorse Creek is a small tributary to the Salmon)

ghostrider
09-03-2005, 06:17 PM
:D there iz actually still a dredge....abandoned in the middle of the river,there...a huge one!

dvsww2
09-05-2005, 02:20 PM
This is great news!! Bayhorse has been fenced off and posted for years and is one of the more intact ghost towns in the state. I'm sure the interest will be more intense since Idaho Public TV recently re-ran their program featuring Bayhorse and some of the other towns. I believe the program is available for purchase at the IDPTV.org website. Keep me posted, I'm in Caldwell and Emmett so I'm clear accross the state, but it's a neat town just the same. I have no ties to the town, other than I've been ghost towning since 1954.

JerKitty
05-07-2006, 04:54 AM
I have pictures of Bayhorse also. Perhaps we could swap for info on your archive??? What pictures do you have?