PDA

View Full Version : Idaho Ghost Towns

Cat and Ripley
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm interested in learning about ghost towns in Northern Idaho - can anyone steer me in the right direction of a good website or book they know of! Thanks a bunch!
Cat & Ripley

ghost_town_huntress
08-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Cat,

I've got a Southern Idaho Ghost Towns book by Wayne Sparling, published originally in 1974. Maybe you might want to check to see if maybe the same author has written any books about northern Idaho.

Rachel ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Johnnie
09-01-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm interested in learning about ghost towns in Northern Idaho - can anyone steer me in the right direction of a good website or book they know of! Thanks a bunch!
Cat & RipleyHello Cat and Ripley

Sheila and i posted a bunch of ghost towns sites to visit around 2 years ago. If you fellow ghosttowners would like view this post, go to the (archives search fourm) and just write in 30 ghost towns and sites in idaho this maybe of some help.

The currater John Amerson at the "Wallas Idaho Mining Meseum" sure has help us in the pass with local history and information about our relatives who migrated from Montana and joined in on the stampede to the Coeur d' Alenes in the 1880s where they discovered several gold mines and also owned the Murray stage line that took passengers clear up to Tompson Falls Montana.

Your Fellow ghosttowners
Johnnie & Sheila

ghostrider
09-03-2005, 06:42 AM
there are ghosttowns all over idaho....a lot in the center of the state....around salmon,idaho and stanley..... :eek:

old judge
09-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Idaho has some great roads, even in the Outback, unlike Maine, which tends to be bumpy. OJ