PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Springs? Nevada

Flatiron
09-14-2005, 03:27 AM
qwertyuiop[

GaryB
09-15-2005, 05:53 PM
http://www.hotspringsenthusiast.com/Nevada.htm

They list nothing by that name, and I could find nothing in that area listed in any hot springs books I have as far as bathing springs go. In fact the nearest listed is by the GT of Metropolis, west of Wells. There are numerous springs in the area, many near the highway. But there are numerous ranches and "sites" too. Maybe this place is one of those "sites". Nothing in my collection of maps either. In fact the only thing I can find Spanish Springs related is a new housing community outside Reno/Sparks.

But, I did find a Spanish Gardens RV Park in Jackpot on HWY 93. Phone # is 775-755-2333. If that's not it, try the Jackpot Tourism Office # 775-755-2229

dvsww2
09-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I've been by there a couple of times, but have no info what it was called. I always thought it was a gas station or motel that had a Hot springs that closed.

GaryB
09-16-2005, 03:05 PM
I was thinking along that line too. Seems I read something like about a place up there like that some where but I couldn't find it easily. I've been reading some on Nevada hot springs lately and see that there are quite a few places that used to have a hot spring bathing set up that are now defunct and have blown away.

dvsww2
09-16-2005, 03:58 PM
I did some checking over at Shawn Hall's pages and there is a Wilkins that used to be a railroad stop. He notes that in the 1940's The Wine Cup Ranch built a service station, store, and motel and Shawn notes that it is just a shell of the building now. Shawn doesn't say a thing about Hot Springs though. Only place I can think of that matches the description on US93.

OldTroop
12-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Spanish Springs is on the way to pyramid lake out of Sparks.

High Desert Drifter
12-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Hey Flatiron, long time no hear. what are you still doing in Nevada? I thought you had already headed back to Arizona for the Winter?

hdd